Is 250 g of liver daily a lot ?

abady

haii :D

I am wondering is it bad to eat this amount of liver daily, I am doing this because it's the only thing that makes my cronometer full green haha.

other food just have not much nutrient density as liver .

gonna post my cronomoter please if there any suggestion to my diet it will makes me happy if you can help iam trying to go low fat and lose weight and its slow .

and yeah I tried to go low-calorie like 2300 cal per day just felt so hungry couldn't do it .

Attachments

• Web_capture_7-12-2021_7160_cronometer.com.jpg
    Web_capture_7-12-2021_7160_cronometer.com.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 76

清貴杉山

Liver can be overdosed,250g a day its not like a super ton of it,but can add up super quick,because of the nut density

Ippodrom47

As a person who got vitamin A toxicity from eating too much liver, my only advice will be - don't do it. Screw the chronometer, liver only needs to be eaten once-twice a month, in my opinion, if you don't restrict other food groups.

OP
abady

abady

I would not do it, by taste and by safety (mainly by taste. How could you do it?). BTW, this article could help you: Here's how to get all your vitamins and minerals without vegetables » MENELITE
aaaah you have no idea I love the taste of liver it's so good. well, I chop the liver into smaller cubes then I put butter in the pan add salt and garlic powder and what makes it all taste good is lemons! i just squeeze half a lemon into the pan. omg it makes liver taste like candy try it ;)

thanks for the reply! :D

OP
abady

abady

Liver can be overdosed,250g a day its not like a super ton of it,but can add up super quick,because of the nut density
I mean there is no good alternative for it. muscle meats are just bad in micronutrients and they are higher fat I am trying to go low fat cause low calorie trying to lose weight and stay lean hehe .

OP
abady

abady

As a person who got vitamin A toxicity from eating too much liver, my only advice will be - don't do it. Screw the chronometer, liver only needs to be eaten once-twice a month, in my opinion, if you don't restrict other food groups.
were you supplementing vit A ? and what do you suggest good foods for b vitamines I cant find a good B vitamin super food easily accessible like liver!

OP
abady

abady

oh also btw ray peat suggested for me to drink 2 liters of milk per day and I get like 200% of my daily Vit A from that hmmm idk is it that bad I am worried .

I love them they are so tasty and I don't mind eating more TBH haha . but I was just worried if its toxic / bad / harmful you know!

Maybe lower the liver a touch and try to mix it up with oysters, milk and other nutrient dense sources. I love liver but I think maybe every day would be a lot eventually, Got to do what suits you and your body though

OP
abady

abady

Maybe lower the liver a touch and try to mix it up with oysters, milk and other nutrient dense sources. I love liver but I think maybe every day would be a lot eventually, Got to do what suits you and your body though
I appreciate your help so much ! :D . for sure I'll take your advice and think about it maybe lower liver to 100g but still not sure.

Nebula

I would strongly recommend against it. It’s rare that somebody is able to handle that intake of retinol, copper and iron without developing toxicity fairly quickly without realizing it. It’s very unlikely you need that vitamin A and copper. Some people with very high thyroid function might be able to use it up and efficiently excrete the excess they don’t need, but more often it still causes toxicity. I have heard of some people claim they have no problems with it, but that seems to be rare.

Having experienced toxicity from daily liver myself I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Not fun. It took me maybe a year to recover.

Vanset

Oh my. 180k of retinol daily. How long have you been eating this way? There are people on this forum who have developed severe symptoms of hypervitaminosis A from doses of 20-50k over several months. I would strongy advise to stop eating liver daily and instead replace it with ground beef/lamb, eggs and tubers for your B vitamins.

CreakyJoints

Beyond anything else, it's expensive to have that much ruminant liver, no?

I have roughly that amount every two weeks, if I can. You might find it beneficial to prepare a larger amount of liver like that into lots of smaller meals, if you are very keen to have it daily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals