Instructions on How to Supplement With Glandular Thyroid

Wilfrid

My temperature went from 36.7/36.8 to 37/37.1 in about three weeks on this dosage (I take my temps by mouth) and my pulse from around 72/73 to 76/77 BPM at rest.
The first two weeks I felt really exhausted and Dr Peat told me that the thyroid supplement makes one more sensitive to adrenaline...but still my temps and pulse went up.
Now I feel more relax and , rarely, need to take an afternoon nap like I used before.
I also take a small amount of pregnenolone (25mg) with my breakfast (which is always a good sugared one).

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow that is great!

Hope this small dose works out for me too.

Destiny

Awesome Wilfried. I am glad you sharing about feeling exhausted, cause I've been feeling very tired last week upon starting using thyroid. The first day I felt great and thereafter sluggish. Today is day 8 of using 1/2 grain for me and from what you are saying I will stay there to see how things shift.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Picked up an "Exacto knife #1" from Walmart today to cut the thiroyd pills with. Will report tomorrow on how it works out.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The exacto knife works awesome for cutting the pills down to 1/8ths.

Here is the one I got:

X-ACTO Z Series #1 Knife

Destiny

Good to know Charlie. Should I wanna use smaller amounts than 1/4 tab I will get one :)

How much are you taking now?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am taking 1/8th of a tablet of "thiroyd", twice a day, after breakfast and after lunch and it seems to be plenty enough for now.

Destiny

Charlie, hows it going with the current dosage?

I just upped mine from 1/4 tab/1/2 grain once daily to now twice daily after having taken it for 2 weeks. My temps have improved somewhat, feeling warmer, better pulse too, still highest I gotten was 98.2F yesterday. It was quite hot in my place at the time though, that might have something to do with it?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, I am having heart palpitations so backing off the dose again.

A hot environment will raise you body temperature.

How are you feeling?

Destiny

Oh sorry to hear Charlie!! Are you taking 1/8 just once now or nothing? Maybe email Dr Peat about it?

I'm feeling fine, but I think I may have to turn the heat down in my place to get a true result. It gets to hot at times :) The 98.2 and 98.4 were both waking up late on the holiday and the heat had snuck up on me lol

Temps ARE improved over all though for sure, and my heart rate is too.

I will take my time on this 1 daily grain (1/2 tab total) though. I have the feeling its all I require.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, 1/8th a pill once a day. Today though, gonna try 1/16th a pill twice a day. I might email Ray Peat in the near future about this.

Glad you are doing better!

Destiny

1/16th twice is probably better for you, even less at once but still same total. I hope it works for you this way, I really do!!

Let us know what Dr Peat says if you decide to email him :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you Destiny! Hope it works too. Not sure if I got reverse T3 going on or what. But I do have a Dr's appointment and he said he would test me for what I wanted to so going to have my RT3 checked.

And I will let you know if I email Ray Peat. I just try not to bother him too much cause I can imagine how many emails he gets.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Destiny, thank you for asking.

Its been well over a week with no thyroid supplement and still getting the pounding heart. Some days are worse, some are better. :(

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I know right! It's crazy! :( I hope I didn't break myself. Well, I was already broken so hope I didn't break myself even more!!!!

Destiny

Charlie, have you had this ever before you started using thyroid, as you said in way too high dosage from start? If not, I wuold email Dr Peat. You probably have this, but just in case here it is http://raypeat.com/contact.shtml

We gotta figure out what you can do to turn this around :roll:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No, I never had this. Yes, definitely way too high a dose in the beginning. Maybe I should email him. If it is still around in a couple weeks I might do that.

asajulian

Is there too much liquid in your diet, Charlie? I get a pounding heart when I drink too much fluid on an empty stomach and don't balance it out with solid foods. A chocolate bar I have found is one of the most effective ways of suppressing it in my own experience. I'm only one one grain of thyroid per day now as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals