Instructions on How to Supplement With Glandular Thyroid

Jib

Still using American Biologics thyroid glandular. I'm going up to 4 grains today: 1 tablet in the morning, 1 tablet in the evening. We'll see how that goes. My morning temperature is around 97.4 F. I started supplementing thyroid at 1/8 tablet a day back in May 2013, while my temperatures then were maxing out at around 97.3 F.

The thyroid hasn't made anywhere near the difference I was expecting it to temperature wise. But I have been slowly feeling better. I've put on about 40 pounds since I started following Peat's articles, and the biggest difference I've noticed is my mood stabilizing.

I've had major depression and severe chronic anxiety for many, many years, and while my temperatures have hardly budged, those two things have gotten better. It's still a struggle, but compared to how I used to be, I'd say this is nothing short of a miracle.

So who knows? The thyroid may be helping after all, in combination of course with the huge changes in diet. I haven't had any blood work done in a long time. I do know that before Peat and before thyroid supplementation my TSH was 2.99 and I felt absolutely horrible pretty much all the time.

I'm just going to keep being patient. I do feel like I'm getting stronger. I did a lot of damage to myself and changes aren't going to happen overnight. It'd be nice to get tested, and I should look into that. I'd need to order tests somewhere online and figure out how to do all that because my doctor isn't going to let me get tested for the things I want to be tested for and I don't want to let him know I'm taking thyroid and get into a huge debate over all this stuff.

Jib

Okay, 4 grains ended up being too much. After the first day of that, I went to 3.5 grains instead: 1 tablet in the morning, then 3/4 tablet in the evening. I seem to be tolerating that much better.

Jib

My new bottle of American Biologics thyroid glandular specifically says it's "not an extract."

The old bottle I had said specifically that it *was* an extract. The new pills taste bitter. The old ones tasted sweet. The old bottle said "Raw thyroid tissue concentrate," and the new ones say "Raw thyroid gland."

Not sure if they ran into legal problems or what, or what's going on here. It's different though, and I'm hoping it'll still work, but I'm not feeling too good about it.

himsahimsa

Sea Salt = Polution

The North Sea was used by the Soviets and the Europeans for 50 years as a dumping ground for nuclear waste. They used plain steel drums, like 50 gallon oil drums. The water of the north Sea is polluted by that material. All sea salt is made from near coastal water that is washed into broad flat ponds by the tides. These are usually industrial sites or near landfills or the most egregious slums. Nobody builds salt flats in upscale residential or vacation areas. Coastal water is the recipient of all industrial wastes and sewage effluent from nearby land and sometimes not so near by. Bulldozers drive through the drying ponds. They are not special food grade bulldozers. Only the poorest people are employed making the salt because that's who lives there. You've seen pictures of places like that.

If you use sea salt from anywhere you should really give up all the bother of trying to be healthy. If you use Celtic sea salt you are completely suicidal. There are no Druids involved . There is nothing good or mystically healing about it. If its glowing it's not because it's shining with vital energy.

OrangeJello

Is it OK to take thyroid supplementally, like when you feel you need. Or it must be taken regularly. I am interested in trying but concerned I'm not ready.

Adrinal

Hi everyone,

I will start taking natural glandular thyroid soon and I would like to ask the following questions :

- Is adrenal support necessary if adrenal problem is suspected as recommended in the link posted in the first page? https://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites ... dHowTo.pdf

- Has anyone tried to take natural glandular adrenal cortex to support adrenals?

- Would "Nutri-Meds, Bovine Thyroid Health, 130mg" be a good natural glandular thyroid?

- What would be the best dosage to start safely?

LucyL

Re: Sea Salt = Polution

himsahimsa said:
Bulldozers drive through the drying ponds. They are not special food grade bulldozers.

:rofl

These days any sea salt coming out of the pacific ocean is suspect, thanks Fukushima. Dry inland seabeds are still a possibility. The stuff I use comes from Utah.

Debz

Received my Thyroid blood test ,it was a bit strange.
Ive been on Thyroid-S for a year and my temperatures are still low around 35+ when waking after breakfast it goes up to 36.5 to 36.8 .In the afternoons it falls back down to 36 and by evening im back to 35,5+
So I bought some Cynomel to help ,these blood tests were done before my Cynomel arrived so not sure I should take it now or take it with T4 ,any ideas
TSH - 0.001
T4 free 11.3
T3free 5.8

supercoolguy

Received my Thyroid blood test ,it was a bit strange.
Ive been on Thyroid-S for a year and my temperatures are still low around 35+ when waking after breakfast it goes up to 36.5 to 36.8 .In the afternoons it falls back down to 36 and by evening im back to 35,5+
So I bought some Cynomel to help ,these blood tests were done before my Cynomel arrived so not sure I should take it now or take it with T4 ,any ideas
TSH - 0.001
T4 free 11.3
T3free 5.8
Thats your TSH lab report!?

Solid!