I’m Not Convinced Vitamin D Should Be Supplemented

Wilfrid

I am not confident about OTC vitamin D’s quality. I think that most of those are trash, simply.
I often got headaches, sneezing or congested nose from those OTC products. Blood test results were not satisfying and overall effects were null. This finally let me to use it topically...with inconsistent results...the only exception was when I used the Hi-Po Emulsi-D3 from Design for health.... but the product’s price (plus the international shipping’s fees) eventually let me to forget about this method as a long term valuable and economic option.
Then, I was able to get pharmaceutical grade injectable vitamin D. Side effects gone, blood tests results OK. That’s it.

Wilfrid

How did you take it? Actually injected it or topically?
I am taking it orally by transferring the content of one vial into a dropper (pictures below). And I take 2 drops per day (around 5000 IU).
B73E6C5B-1FE3-4DCC-97D1-2C9B8D5A9ABD.jpeg

Gustav3Y

They would inject the entire 1ml (100.000 UI) in one injection if they were injecting it?
So that would be the full dosage per shot?

b555

I enjoy using my Vitamin D sun lamp. I cant confirm it raises vitamin D but i will test in several weeks

Wilfrid

Yes. Normally you need a prescription for those products. In Italy, where I got mine, they also have a 300.000 UI version available.
In France, there are also injectable vitamin D products available which potencies vary between 100.000 and 200.000 UI. But even within those products, some contain toxic excipients.
So far, regarding injectable vitamin D, as well as for coffee and pastas, Italians do it better....

T

TheBeard

Yes. Normally you need a prescription for those products. In Italy, where I got mine, they also have a 300.000 UI version available.
In France, there are also injectable vitamin D products available which potencies vary between 100.000 and 200.000 UI. But even within those products, some contain toxic excipients.
So far, regarding injectable vitamin D, as well as for coffee and pastas, Italians do it better....

Dude, 2012.

You've got to be the "oldest" member I've seen here. Congrats for sticking around.

Memento

OSRAM vitalux 300w mentioned earlier in this thread has the following numbers published by manufacturer:

UVA Strahlungsleistung 315...400 nm 13,6 W
UVB Strahlungsleistung 280...315 nm 3,0 W

This is Spertis spectrum:

dl2176

So most of its output is in UV-B.

tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php

This is Philips spectrum of medical UV-B PL-L and PL-S tubes I considered buying, though I´m not sure if I want a narrow band solution or would mimicking suns spectrum be actually more useful for my purposes.

Last edited:

Peater Pan

You need to supplement 10.000 IU daily if there are no additional sources like sun or food. Getting it from the sun is preferable, but depending on where you live it might be completely impossible for more than half of the year. Do you want to spend that time in low metabolism survival mode?

Some sources indicate much smaller doses are sufficient if you put it on your skin, and for some reason especially on your navel.
I'd love to know more about this.

Peater Pan

Vitamin D supplementation gives me insomnia after a few days, anyone have any idea on why that happens?

Transdermal or Oral doesnt matter.
Take a lipid solution with/after breakfast or lunch, and never in the afternoon. Just my experience, validated repeatedly and based on something I read online years ago. I like Life Extension's 2K/drop in MCT w/o the mint.

Peater Pan

supplementing d before bed cause insomnia. I observed many times myself. vitd is keypoint, %98 of people suffer from d deficiency in my country. My level is very low side, supplementing or sunbathing don't solve my problem. I have enough uvb under sunlight and but again low.
True. Take with breakfast.

duckduck

I’ve heard often it’s the least absorbable. Isn’t laxative effects indicative of not absorbing?
Magnesium oxide truly is the best form, read this article, it explains it perfectly. Magnesium Oxide Delivers More Magnesium with Far Fewer Pills
I have taken 500mg magnesium oxide three times a day for months and never got ANY diarrhea. Magnesium oxide is cheap as fuuuug, you don't make money selling it, that is exactly why magnesium sales people don't like it. Selling shyt like ReMag you make the moolah, live in Hawaii and enjoy life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals