Vitamin D supplements and calcification? Hurt or harm ? Or it depends

tommyg130

I had an HTMA done and I have high calcium( over calcified) prob due to adrenal burnout.

I never took vitamin D. Could vitamin D help fix my calcification? It wouldn’t worsen it right?

My PTH is always under 30.. am I safe to supplement vitamin D with a PTH. Should PTH be in a certain spot before supplementing vitamin D?

Mossy

I had an HTMA done and I have high calcium( over calcified) prob due to adrenal burnout.

I never took vitamin D. Could vitamin D help fix my calcification? It wouldn’t worsen it right?

My PTH is always under 30.. am I safe to supplement vitamin D with a PTH. Should PTH be in a certain spot before supplementing vitamin D?
Coincidentally, I just listened to, and took notes, from @cdg 's conversation with Peat about high serum calcium (starts at the 9:50 mark). The one difference though, with your situation, is that you don't have high PTH. Even so, here are my notes in case they have value for you:

• Parathyroid hormone raises serum calcium:
    • To lower PTH, which lowers serum calcium: Increase vitamin D and calcium intake (2 liters of milk a day)

Motorneuron

I replied in another thread where I am in the same situation but vitamin D is not helping, probably some enzymatic and/or genetic defect but what about K2 intake accompanied with adequate calcium levels? What impact will PTH have? for calcifications, Alendronate acid should also help.

Mossy

I replied in another thread where I am in the same situation but vitamin D is not helping, probably some enzymatic and/or genetic defect but what about K2 intake accompanied with adequate calcium levels? What impact will PTH have? for calcifications, Alendronate acid should also help.
I can only refer you to Ray's comments where he says PTH raises serum calcium and that increasing calcium and vitamin D should reduce both. As @Perry Staltic noted, taking K2 with D3 is understood to help properly distribute calcium in the body.

Ray Peat has also mentioned aspirin to help with calcium, and to take K2 with it:

"aspirin improves calcium retention in bones. And is safe as long as you take K2 with it. K2 allows the bones to use carbon dioxide." - Ray Peat

I can also add that supplements can very tricky to get right, for some. I have trouble taking any supplement. So, lot's of trial and error may be the only way; and of course, if you have a doctor you can trust that could be very helpful as well. I haven't found a good doctor yet, so it's lots of trial and error for me.

Last edited:

cs3000

i'd think it would be more likely to worsen than to benefit. maybe a benefit to calcification would be from increasing calcium absorption to lower PTH , but if PTH aint a problem then i dont know of a benefit
could make things worse because it can increase level of uncarboxylated MGP which u want carboxylated

vit K slows calcification but need high doses to see reversal if it happens

cimetidine or famotidine can actually reverse soft tissue calcification over a couple months. if u can work around the stomach acid lowering issue

idk what impact they have on actual calcium levels

for lowering calcium level you could try upping water intake / water flush as thats often used in hypercalcemia (spread over the course of a day though as too much water too quick can be deadly)

cdg

Coincidentally, I just listened to, and took notes, from @cdg 's conversation with Peat about high serum calcium (starts at the 9:50 mark). The one difference though, with your situation, is that you don't have high PTH. Even so, here are my notes in case they have value for you:

• Parathyroid hormone raises serum calcium:
    • To lower PTH, which lowers serum calcium: Increase vitamin D and calcium intake (2 liters of milk a day)
Taking extra calcium lowers Parathyroid hormone

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals