Human Intuition

VitD

Does anyone believe in human intuition, or is it a perception of our reality in the environment we are in at a given time? Example, today I’m fasting which I know is a big no no to most people that are on this forum, but my body and mind are telling me it’s the right thing. What I’m trying to say is can your intuition be misinterpreted and result in negative effects? I know it may not be logical to fast all the time, but given a low stress circumstance can it be appropriate.

Sunny Jack

I think if fasting prevents you from eating an anti-health, anti-metabolic diet, it is doing you some good. Listen to your intuition, rather than listening to a man who explicitly disclaims the moniker of an "authority". There is no protocol. Fasting might be sub-optimal, but it is preferable to poisoning yourself.

TheSir

I have a hard time differentiating between intuition and intrusive/obsessive/superstitious thoughts. Sometimes I get the feeling that I should do something in a specific way for no reason. Yielding to such impulses too frequently seems like a path that would eventually lead to mental illness. To answer your question: I do believe in intuition but have no idea how to recognize it.

In regards to fasting, could it be that you are experiencing an instinct rather than an intuition? Instincts are much clearer to identify.

stoic

Better to err on the side of caution.

Perceive, think and only then act :):

Phosphor

I operate totally on what you might call intuition --- in my mind it is Guidance. Intuition has guided me to finding solutions for health problems that no health practitioner came up with, and which worked. All answers are within.

This can help you:

What I call ‘radical intuitionism’ can be thus summarized:

Intuition means the non-mediated perception that something is PRESENT.

A logical proposition is MADE of signs, but the IDENTITY BETWEEN TWO PROPOSITIONS is an object that is perceived by consciousness directly, not through signs, and is, therefore, the object of intuition.

Furthermore, understanding these propositions is THE SAME as understanding without mediation its apodictic truth.

Again, if the identity between two propositions is not PRESENT to consciousness WITHOUT MEDIATION, then it is simply impossible to perceive it.

Either the conection between two propositions is perceived in a single intuition, or it is never perceived at all (otherwise we would fall into and endless regression).

Therefore, the operation of reason itself is founded upon intuition or it has no founding at all.

Hence, there are not two kinds of knowledge, one rational and the other intuitive. There is only the difference between logical intuitions and sensible intuitions.

Reasoning is not, therefore, an operation specifically different from intuition, it is just the intuition of a special kind of object, which is the logical or ideal objects.

More generically, a thing may be thought indirectly through a sign, but the sign itself has to be perceived directly and not through another sign

Olavo de Carvalho, Brazilian Philosopher

Peachy

Does anyone believe in human intuition, or is it a perception of our reality in the environment we are in at a given time? Example, today I’m fasting which I know is a big no no to most people that are on this forum, but my body and mind are telling me it’s the right thing. What I’m trying to say is can your intuition be misinterpreted and result in negative effects? I know it may not be logical to fast all the time, but given a low stress circumstance can it be appropriate.
One way to discern - is it coming from a place of fear or love?

I had the intuition to fast not too long ago. Didn’t listen but it was there 😅 How did it go?

OP
VitD

VitD

One way to discern - is it coming from a place of fear or love?

I had the intuition to fast not too long ago. Didn’t listen but it was there 😅 How did it go?
Honestly good I cleared out my stomach lol, and felt pretty good after from GI perspective

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals