How To Improve Lymphatic System?

Repas du soir

I really don't know much about the lymphatic system, which is why I'm asking you guys. Seems important for this system to function well, but are there any tricks that can help to optimize it? Just move around more?

Lurker

General relaxing movement, walking/hiking, and especially light bouncing like rebounding, jump rope, a gentle mountain bike ride. Parasympathetic activity will thin out the lymph so the same stuff you would be doing to reduce stress is critical to this as well. It’s all interrelated. Diaphragmatic breathing is supposed to really push it along. Hot/cold contrast showers as long as it’s not stressful (temperature difference doesn’t have to be that much). It really all comes down to movement during rest and digest mode.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Dry brushing the skin with with a soft bristled brush starting at the extremities and moving toward the heart is supposed to be helpful.

OP
Repas du soir

Repas du soir

I wonder if lower lymphatic activity could be linked to hairloss or estrogen dominance in any way. We do sit around more these days than previous generations at least.

Dave Clark

Also, saunas help stimulate the lymph system, from what I had read. In this world today, saunas should be standard equipment in a house, right along with showers, etc. Sweating is a good way to eliminate toxins, and as mentioned, help with lymph drainage.

fradon

I really don't know much about the lymphatic system, which is why I'm asking you guys. Seems important for this system to function well, but are there any tricks that can help to optimize it? Just move around more?

brushing the skin and jumping rope are both good. in Germany/ Europe rebounding is promoting by doctors for lymphatic health.

franc0

Also, saunas help stimulate the lymph system, from what I had read. In this world today, saunas should be standard equipment in a house, right along with showers, etc. Sweating is a good way to eliminate toxins, and as mentioned, help with lymph drainage.
[Sauna bathing is beneficial for cardiac health-the more, the better [corrected]]. - PubMed - NCBI -
Sauna bathing is beneficial for cardiac health
Association between sauna bathing and fatal cardiovascular and all-cause mortality events. - PubMed - NCBI -
Association between sauna bathing and fatal cardiovascular and all-cause mortality events.
"Increased frequency of sauna bathing is associated with a reduced risk of SCD, CHD, CVD, and all-cause mortality."

Dave Clark

X-ray peat, that video reminded me that the rebounder mini-trampolines are very good at moving lymph fluid. Shaking of the tree sort of looks like someone bouncing on a rebounder, like a Needak, or whatever. Also, the electric vibration machines will do the same thing.

David PS

I have found massage to be very good for moving lymph. This is the video that got me started with massage.

OP
Repas du soir

Repas du soir

try not to laugh, but this is great for moving the lymph

source.gif

Last edited:

x-ray peat

X-ray peat, that video reminded me that the rebounder mini-trampolines are very good at moving lymph fluid. Shaking of the tree sort of looks like someone bouncing on a rebounder, like a Needak, or whatever. Also, the electric vibration machines will do the same thing.
sure does. I had a rebounder but never really liked it. Shaking the tree actually feels good and energizing.

lol, "Making Flippy Floppy"

Motif

Neck , back , shoulder or whatever tensions are blocking lymph flow, right?

skittles

Love Talking Heads
I think I read somewhere, perhaps even on this forum, that the benefits of cardio have much more to do with moving lymph than anything else. I feel like light jogging a few times a week at the gym would probably be a good thing.

Remain in Light would probably be a pretty good album to listen to while jogging, now that I think about it.

mbachiu

Dr. Perry Nickelston at Stop Chasin Pain has a whole lymphatic course you can purchase from him. He also posts awesome stuff daily on his Instagram.

rei

I have no scientific studies on this, but from inferrence it seems ethanol is effective at increasing both blood, lymphatic and fascial circulation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals