Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

Velve921

Your so welcome, great to have your feedback.
Kind regards

Andrew <---------<<< eager to learn more :)

When I first started it was noticeable that sleep was more sound, resting metabolic rate increased, back/neck discomfort decreased immensely upon waking.

When testing. Every time I go back to sleeping flat, I wake up in the morning and my neck is messed up.

The emotion I get when laying down on my inclined bed is kind of like,

“This feels so nice to hug my mattress like a pillow. I feel like the stress has been released as I feel like I’m weightless.”

@Velve921, Thank you for your reply. I can relate to the mattress feeling softer and more inviting. I attributed this to our weight being distributed differently and the gentle traction from sleeping inclined.

jdrop

When I first started it was noticeable that sleep was more sound, resting metabolic rate increased, back/neck discomfort decreased immensely upon waking.

When testing. Every time I go back to sleeping flat, I wake up in the morning and my neck is messed up.

The emotion I get when laying down on my inclined bed is kind of like,

“This feels so nice to hug my mattress like a pillow. I feel like the stress has been released as I feel like I’m weightless.”
I have had the same experience. Did not with 3 inch raise, but do with 6.

Velve921

I have had the same experience. Did not with 3 inch raise, but do with 6.

Thanks for sharing your experience my friend! It's pretty wild.

How long have you been going about your IBT and what's your overall experience been like?

AlexR

I’ve been sleeping on an incline for about six months to a year now. I herniated a disc in my back about 5mm and I feel like I am 90 percent recovered after a week. It seems like other people with my injury are in much worse condition at this stage of the injury. Hanging from a pull-up bar and stretching my back reduce the pain and increase my range of motion immensely, so I have to assume that the bed increasing circulation and keeping my spine decompressed is a game changer as well and can explain the rapid recovery. I also sleep using grounding sheets which make a huge difference in calming my body and inducing relaxation.

jdrop

Thanks for sharing your experience my friend! It's pretty wild.

How long have you been going about your IBT and what's your overall experience been like?
The 1st trial was the 3 inch, went for a few months. Didn't notice much other than a struggle to keep covers on. Sleep seemed better, maybe, hard to tell. Rest felt deeper, but still hard to say for sure. We ended up changing around our room and wife wanted to go back to flats, so we did that. Had a harder time sleeping, both of us, but forgot about the raisers. I was cleaning up and found the box and decided to give it a go again, this time with 6". And the difference was noticeable right away. A much more comfortable experience. In middle of winter, seems like less congestion than we normally get from running the heat. More relaxed breathing, deeper sleeps, faster to fall asleep. Really quite a change in experience. What else it is doing, have no idea, but I do look forward to laying down every time I walk to the bed.

InChristAlone

How is everyone doing with IBT? I started doing it at 6 inches on a foam mattress back in March, but the foam was giving me neck problems so I couldn't really tell what benefits it had. My husband made a wooden frame that is 5 inches as I thought 6 might be too much might make me feel like I'm sliding off with a regular cotton /latex core futon mattress, and it does make me feel that way still after about a week but it is starting to feel better. Still not sure of the benefits though as I'm having very vivid dreams that I attributed to too much B6 from bananas and maybe from eating eggs again. We need acetylcholine for dreaming and eggs provide a great source of choline. So I quit those to see if those were the cause of the intense dreaming.

tankasnowgod

How is everyone doing with IBT? I started doing it at 6 inches on a foam mattress back in March, but the foam was giving me neck problems so I couldn't really tell what benefits it had. My husband made a wooden frame that is 5 inches as I thought 6 might be too much might make me feel like I'm sliding off with a regular cotton /latex core futon mattress, and it does make me feel that way still after about a week but it is starting to feel better. Still not sure of the benefits though as I'm having very vivid dreams that I attributed to too much B6 from bananas and maybe from eating eggs again. We need acetylcholine for dreaming and eggs provide a great source of choline. So I quit those to see if those were the cause of the intense dreaming.

Still going great for me. It's just normal to me now. Originally, I had it a bit too high, as I was sliding down the bed a lot (I initially did more than 6 inches for a queen bed). Now, I'm down to about the six inch incline, which is about right, and none of those issues.

I added a few other "sleep hacks" recently that really improved things. I might start a different thread on that soon. But, more energy and drive has been some positives. I think having IBT as the base really kicked things off quick. I'll detail a bit more in a week or so (want to have a few weeks to go off of).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Still going great for me. It's just normal to me now. Originally, I had it a bit too high, as I was sliding down the bed a lot (I initially did more than 6 inches for a queen bed). Now, I'm down to about the six inch incline, which is about right, and none of those issues.
Ditto.
I added a few other "sleep hacks" recently that really improved things. I might start a different thread on that soon. But, more energy and drive has been some positives. I think having IBT as the base really kicked things off quick. I'll detail a bit more in a week or so (want to have a few weeks to go off of).
Maybe a hint? lol

B

Braveheart

Several years now...really comfortable with it...found a relatively flat pillow works perfectly with it.

InChristAlone

Great, I look forward to hearing about your sleep hacks.

InChristAlone

Several years now...really comfortable with it...found a relatively flat pillow works perfectly with it.
Yes flat pillow is working okay for me, too high and I get more neck problems.

Old Irenaeus

I'm enjoying mine. I put two espresso cans, about 6 inches high, under the feet at the head of the bed. That with @Rinse & rePeat 's rec of milk + sugar + tequila, sleep like a baby.

JamesGatz

Inclined Bed therapy is awesome - I stuff 6 pillows under the end of my matress - helps me sleep so much more better and so much more easier on my head than a flat bed - it feels like my head is so much heavier on a flat bed - on an inclined bed my head feels lighter like it doesn't need much support

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals