Keto Diet And High Blood Sugar

PhoenixGaia

I can report that I've had excellent blood sugar in my keto times. Not too low, not too high. The body is a self-regulating wonder

Katty

Glucose readings of over 600 ( not causing any nausea or vomiting), being normalized after enough calories being consumed daily to fix the thyroid and raise the metabolism and enough sugar to prevent gluconeogenesis.
Hi @Kelj, I know this is an older post. I wanted to clarify if you were saying you personally had blood sugar readings of more than 600. And if so, how long did these high levels last, and how long did it take until you reached normal levels again?

yerrag

The reason it is dogma is because of direct observation. I love the reasoning in these posts about the true cause of excess blood sugar being a lack of sugar...however feed a type 2 diabetic sugar and things do not go well. There is a missing step here because if there truly was a lack, such as vitamin C in scurvy, then feeding sugar should get rid of that lack, but it does not. Feeding sugar does not resolve the high blood sugar... So then you can say, well it is because they have PUFA in their tissues...and you start on the long list of justifications why the metabolism is broken and needs years to fix if ever.

It doesn't make sense taking more sugar solves diabetes, and I agree it isn't the solution.

But going cold turkey on PUFA worked for me.

Edit: Prof. Zajcek, however, has a YouTube video explaining how one can gradually lower his insulin intake while increasing his sugar intake. This applies to type 1 diabetics.

This method allows the pancreas to gradually restore its beta cells from stem cells by exposing the stem cells to sugar, to direct them towards differentiating to beta cells.

Ray has on different occasions referred to the work of Zajcek.

Last edited:

yerrag

It doesn't make sense taking more sugar solves diabetes, and I agree it isn't the solution.

But going cold turkey on PUFA worked for me.

Edit: Prof. Zajcek, however, has a YouTube video explaining how one can gradually lower his insulin intake while increasing his sugar intake. This applies to type 1 diabetics.

This method allows the pancreas to gradually restore its beta cells from stem cells by exposing the stem cells to sugar, to direct them towards differentiating to beta cells.

Ray has on different occasions referred to the work of Zajcek.
Should be Gershom Zajicek.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals