Pseudoephedrine

fatmaaaa16

Why does pseudoephedrine fix every problem I’ve ever had?

I had bulimia for 8 years; around the 3 year mark I developed swollen salivary glands due to excessive vomiting. Now; despite completely recovering from bulimia for 3 years, my swollen salivary glands never truly went away. I always feel very congested. I have been caffeine dependent since I was 13 due to needing it insane amounts of it to study as a teen.

I have tried everything and while it has helped; literally doesn’t come close to pseudoephedrine.

I have no emotion on this. I’m very overly emotional, and have irregular periods + amenorrhea for 8 years due to bulimia.

I don’t know what’s happening in my body but it seems so me; salivary glands and lymphatic system is linked to reduced kidney function. Being severely bulimic for 8 years must’ve f’d up my kidneys, and I have very high histamine, the only much emotion, High libido, ADHD, nervous system issues such as inappropriate laughter, some excessive ego and narcissism, extremely impulsive and ALL of this is GONE with 1 capsule of pseudoephedrine HCL a day. Now I only took it today and only ever take it when my glands are SVERELY SWOLLEN, to a point where I can’t function and feel so so stuffy and horrible. I have an ear infection also and a slight tooth infection.

Not to mention I do have a very high profile (sounds egotistic I know but it’s just a statement) and just lots of … pressure to look perfect. Do perfect everything has to be perfect and I have to have very good social skills. I do have those but I’m too loud.

Pseudoephedrine = energy and confidence (which I already have … probably the ADHD) but WITHOUT the “perversion” like being neurotic and unable to control my feelings.

Please help. I don’t know what to do.

ThinPicking

I had bulimia for 8 years; around the 3 year mark I developed swollen salivary glands due to excessive vomiting. Now; despite completely recovering from bulimia for 3 years, my swollen salivary glands never truly went away. I always feel very congested. I have been caffeine dependent since I was 13 due to needing it insane amounts of it to study as a teen.

I have tried everything and while it has helped; literally doesn’t come close to pseudoephedrine.

I have no emotion on this. I’m very overly emotional, and have irregular periods + amenorrhea for 8 years due to bulimia.

I don’t know what’s happening in my body but it seems so me; salivary glands and lymphatic system is linked to reduced kidney function. Being severely bulimic for 8 years must’ve f’d up my kidneys, and I have very high histamine, the only much emotion, High libido, ADHD, nervous system issues such as inappropriate laughter, some excessive ego and narcissism, extremely impulsive and ALL of this is GONE with 1 capsule of pseudoephedrine HCL a day. Now I only took it today and only ever take it when my glands are SVERELY SWOLLEN, to a point where I can’t function and feel so so stuffy and horrible. I have an ear infection also and a slight tooth infection.

Not to mention I do have a very high profile (sounds egotistic I know but it’s just a statement) and just lots of … pressure to look perfect. Do perfect everything has to be perfect and I have to have very good social skills. I do have those but I’m too loud.

Pseudoephedrine = energy and confidence (which I already have … probably the ADHD) but WITHOUT the “perversion” like being neurotic and unable to control my feelings.

It's vasoconstrictive and dopaminergic. So it makes sense it's working but it's not fixing your problems, only masking them.

Sounds like you have some metabolic derangement and oropharyngeal/sinus issues. You can fix the former with an RP inspired macro and supplement regime. For the latter you should probably see an ent for diagnostics.

If you can get to one cooperate with them, play along. Get back to us with the results and ignore their treatment recommendations.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

It's vasoconstrictive and dopaminergic. So it makes sense it's working but it's not fixing your problems, only masking them.

Sounds like you have some metabolic derangement and oropharyngeal/sinus issues. You can fix the former with an RP inspired macro and supplement regime. For the latter you should probably see an ent for diagnostics.

If you can get to one cooperate with them, play along. Get back to us with the results and ignore their treatment recommendations.
I will do this. I have had as I said an ear infection. Went to GP and he gave me an ear spray. Then I got a tooth infection that’s on going (self diagnosed - I always have pain in my teeth but MK-4 reduced it and getting prescribed amoxicillin for 5 days by a dentist for sinusitis almost 100% remove it) the MK-4 seems to make it better basically day after day and gradually. My cavities have now completely reversaed only due to MK-4.

I’ll go to an ENT and report back. Should be able to this weekend if not tomorrow. Do you think the pseudoephedrine is a danger to take temporarily - to feel ok and not so insanely congested, blocked and horrible?

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

Forgot to mention. It gives me extreme intelligence of some kind. I really mean it when I say my mind works insanely well on this. I don’t get euphoria people talk about. All I get from it is such a high level of intelligence and extreme ability to learn. Calmness but having energy still. What is this drug and why is it working this well ?????????

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

Also it is making me pee a lot. Is it just getting rid of all edema ??

ThinPicking

I will do this. I have had as I said an ear infection. Went to GP and he gave me an ear spray. Then I got a tooth infection that’s on going (self diagnosed - I always have pain in my teeth but MK-4 reduced it and getting prescribed amoxicillin for 5 days by a dentist for sinusitis almost 100% remove it) the MK-4 seems to make it better basically day after day and gradually. My cavities have now completely reversaed only due to MK-4.

I’ll go to an ENT and report back. Should be able to this weekend if not tomorrow. Do you think the pseudoephedrine is a danger to take temporarily - to feel ok and not so insanely congested, blocked and horrible?
If you ever see a GP your goal should always be to get past them. They're gatekeepers for the real value in the NHS which is diagnostics, select prescriptions and procedures. Be friendly but know they're beneath you, pull their strings to get what you want.

The pseudo should be fine for chronic use in the short term. Just keep the dose as low as possible and don't get comfortable using it. I assume you have those red Sudafed pills, they're not scored but you can use a decent pill cutter to at least half the dose.

P

Peatness

Pseudoephedrine will raise your blood sugar because it raises adrenaline which is why you might feel good on it. Not sure how safe that is in the long run. Would it not be better to improve your diet? You might be missing some minerals/vitamins which may be why your glands are still swollen. What is your iodine and salt status? Is your thyroid good? Have you tried salt rinses?

Be mindful that the ENT doctors may want to xray your glands.

ThinPicking

Forgot to mention. It gives me extreme intelligence of some kind. I really mean it when I say my mind works insanely well on this. I don’t get euphoria people talk about. All I get from it is such a high level of intelligence and extreme ability to learn. Calmness but having energy still. What is this drug and why is it working this well ?????????
Classic dopaminergic grandeur. You may well have some cognitive improvements but they'll be minor relative to your own perception of them.

There's probably a lot of people using this off label and self prescribing for ADHD-like pathology.

ThinPicking

Also it is making me pee a lot. Is it just getting rid of all edema ??
It's mostly eliminated in urine unchanged. So it's probably doing some unsustainable things to fluid balance and you might feel the same dose more on consecutive days as your volume contracts.

Beware of the stuff.

redsun

The alpha adrenergic receptor agonism reduces excess blood flow (swelling) caused by inflammation and histamine. This is why your swelling you have is going away.

It also agonizes beta receptors as well. The beta 2 receptor inhibits histamine release from mast cells.

It also reduces excitability of the brain and increases serotonin release via Alpha receptor agonism. Its not dopaminergic though it may feel like it. Its just helping your mind focus by reducing hyperexcitability, a common issue in ADHD. This is part of why ADHD meds are helpful since they enhance norepinephrine activity (which mainly binds to alpha-receptors).

Your history probably left you severely depleted of nutrients and has made your mind haywire. Mainly, norepinephrine helps control glutamate activity. It could also lead histamine issues due to adrenal fatigue and lack of nutrients to break down and control histamine. What does your diet look like? There is no clear cut fix to this but it involves adopting a nutrient dense diet to build the body's reserves back up which will help improve mental and emotional stability and treat inflammation and other health issues.

The best probably most vital mineral to reduce emotional instability is zinc and help reduce impulsivity and attention problems. It also has anti-histamine properties (increases beta 2 receptor activity, which inhibits mast cell release of histamine). Your susceptibility to infections show you likely are still depleted. Zinc will also help infections. I dont know if you still have an issue with appetite but if you do, zinc is effective at increasing appetite to help you get more nutrition in.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

It's mostly eliminated in urine unchanged. So it's probably doing some unsustainable things to fluid balance and you might feel the same dose more on consecutive days as your volume contracts.

Beware of the stuff.
Interesting.

This is hugely confusing as I have tried so many things. Vyvanse by a psychiatrist. Sulbutiamine high dose. T3. T4. Progest-E (made me calm — sometimes gives me a period sometimes doesn’t but absolutely still an emotional wreck. I’m genuinely so tired of having this much emotion and reactivity. It’s draining and I think I might have entered the realm of insanity now). Pantethine is cool but still angry and a bit emotional on it. Biotin makes me happy and grows my hair and nails but I’m suspecting its making me dumb too. I’ve tried so many things man. I take every single vitamin and mineral in preformed forms. I take P5P as it slightly reduces my impulsivity, also tried L theanine and yeah sure, loads of confidence and motivation but with the side effect of being plain stupid. Like ditzy but happy, and good problem solving but again felt literally stupid.

I think halfing the dose of Sudafed is smart. Yes it’s the red pills.

This stuff makes me feel like a grown up. It’s so weird but true. I’m wiser. I’m calm. I feel like everything will be fine and I have good self control. Absolutely no fear of anything worldly (except logical things like death). have literally no ego. Absolutely none. Deep inside I always knew and believed ego is bad for humans and it’s beY not to have one and not to have excessive pride but i couldn’t manifest what I believed because well my emotions get the best of me.

These are my supplements
- Liver heart capsules - only 1 for A retinol
- Preformed B vits (Sulbutiamine; R5P; NR; Pantethine; biotin; methyfolate MICRODOSE because I know I’m an undermethylator for sure; Methylcobalamin).
- Vit C Ascorbic acid
- D3 drops 5000 IU
- MK-4 45 mg (yeah I know it’s a lot I have osteoporosis at the age of 23 due to my years of bulimia and amenorrhea)
- E mixed tocopherols at night 100 IU
- Magnesium malate
- calcium citrate (keeps my teeth white)
- glycine (this seems to calm my nerves and impulses a BIT).
- TUDCA (removed liver / gallbladder pains I tend to occasionally get)
- COQ10 (heart palpitations gone)
- selenium 12 mcg
- iodine I used to take around 100 mcg daily but stopped due to Fewr of messing with thyroid).
- Zinc gluconate 50 mcg
- Liquid chlorophyll for body odor I get 3 times a day
- Bromelain for severe allergies (helps a bit)
- Aspirin for teeth pain but mostly oddly helps reduce my glands A BIT (very barely
But yeah but I dislike how it makes mt
Mind a bit foggy and slow).
- Prescribed herbs by a Chinese medicine I practitioner as literally nothing on gods green earth helped fix my digestion except
His herbs - they’re mostly bitter orange peel and some other stuff). When I don’t take it (been around 6 months) it seems my digestion is still fine so I guess it worked and now my digestion is fine but I take it
Just in case).
- Bacillus coagulans + lipase + amylase + protease as I await Klaire labs interfase for Candida biofilm to arrive.
- I take undecyclinic acid, betaine HCL, berberine all for Candida and oral
Thrush that never goes away
- also herbs such as Neem, peppermint (helps me a lot for clogged ears),

I’m considering MSM for Candida mainly. Idk what to do. I’m slightly afraid by how good this made me feel because I don’t know how I can convince myself
To not take it but I’m scared of the consequences.

redsun

Not true.
The very slight effect on dopamine is so miniscule compared to the very clear and stronger effect on alpha receptors which are responsible for blunting the emotions, calming the brain down and allowing it to focus that OP experienced.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

The very slight effect on dopamine is so miniscule compared to the very clear and stronger effect on alpha receptors which are responsible for blunting the emotions, calming the brain down and allowing it to focus that OP experienced.
Thank you. Very helpful. I’m gonna keep
Researching this because it’s blowing my mind…

ThinPicking

Implying dopamine isn't a component of its behavioural effects is lunacy IMO. Whether that's at dopamine receptors, transporters or downstream of other targets.

redsun

Thank you. Very helpful. I’m gonna keep
Researching this because it’s blowing my mind…
You take an absolutely massive amount of supplements. All of these vitamins and minerals you take are very stimulating and disturbing to your metabolism and this reflects in your emotional and mental state. You don't need 90% of these things and they are undoubtedly making you more anxious, stressed even though you are under the impression its supposed to help you.

Undermethylators don't really need B-vitamins, they need methyl donors. B-vitamins tend to make them worse as Bs tend to increase glutamate and acetylcholine activity. However you may not even need methyl donor, you may just need copper. You take 50mg of zinc a day, I am sure at this point you must have copper deficiency. Because copper is necessary to make norepinephrine and epinephrine, your natural anti-histamines (cortisol is also a natural anti-histamine), you cannot control glutamate in your brain (which NE does) and histamine runs loose with no control. This is why an alpha receptor agonist helps you so much.

Copper is also needed to make DAO enzyme, which is the main enzymatic way we degrade histamine in our peripheral tissues such as nose, throat, eyes, to reduce excess histamine activity (in your case, salivary glands but you also mention you have allergies). It is also needed for immune function. This could be why you are so prone to immune problems.

I would recommend you drop most of these things and focus on simplicity. You clearly get plenty of zinc and in fact an excess amount so ideally it should temporarily be thrown as well in favor of consuming red meats for some zinc.

You should still supplement magnesium, calcium (1g a day). TMG can be used to reduce histamine but I think copper is your issue here really.

Likely you need to try copper supplementation as copper glycinate. But you need to stop zinc otherwise you will not absorb any of the copper. Vitamin C may worsen copper status so its not good to take much. You really should not need vitamin C since it is very easy to get from a couple servings of fruit a day. Same goes for most of the micronutrients. Eating meat, eggs, a few servings of dairy, starch for carbs, few servings of fruits and vegetables, will provided the vitamins you need so you can avoid the consequences of excess vitamins. It should provide most of your mineral needs as well.

I think you will likely improve dramatically by dropping the zinc off. It may take a week to get all this extra zinc out of the system so it doesnt inhibit copper absorption and then trialing copper supplementation. It will help you make your own norepinephrine, and it also required to make other peptides in the brain which have anxiolytic properties and should help your inflammation and immune problems. Then you will realize all the other vitamins and random things you take do nothing in comparison since likely what you really need is copper.

Implying dopamine isn't a component of its behavioural effects is lunacy IMO. Whether that's at dopamine receptors, transporters or downstream of other targets.
Yes thanks for linking an article that literally proves my point.

"Pseudoephedrine isomers were 10- to 33-fold less potent than cocaine. In in vitro binding in monkey brain tissue, both isomers had low affinity for dopamine and serotonin transporters by at least 200-fold relative to cocaine, but comparable affinity for norepinephrine transporters."

The study literally shows pseudoephedrine has a dopaminergic effect that is 200x weaker than cocaine, but the affinity for norepinephrine transporters is comparable to cocaine. In other words, as I already said, the dopaminergic effect is miniscule while the effect of norepinephrine is clear and much more effective, and similar to cocaine's norepinephrine enhancing properties.

ThinPicking

"Pseudoephedrine isomers were 10- to 33-fold less potent than cocaine. In in vitro binding in monkey brain tissue, both isomers had low affinity for dopamine and serotonin transporters by at least 200-fold relative to cocaine, but comparable affinity for norepinephrine transporters."

The study literally shows pseudoephedrine has a dopaminergic effect that is 200x weaker than cocaine, but the affinity for norepinephrine transporters is comparable to cocaine. In other words, as I already said, the dopaminergic effect is miniscule while the effect of norepinephrine is clear and much more effective, and similar to cocaine's norepinephrine enhancing properties.
Mr redsun your advisory on OP's supplements and need for simplicity is appreciated. I'm not flaming but do have a proclivity for truth.

At first your point was its not dopaminergic, then that it is but that its insignificant. The study I posted disproves both.

Have you ever used good cocaine friend :)? I guarantee you a substance 200 times less potent is still going to make you feel rather good. Not to mention the possibility of elevated dopamine in the VTA downstream of other receptor types.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

You take an absolutely massive amount of supplements. All of these vitamins and minerals you take are very stimulating and disturbing to your metabolism and this reflects in your emotional and mental state. You don't need 90% of these things and they are undoubtedly making you more anxious, stressed even though you are under the impression its supposed to help you.

Undermethylators don't really need B-vitamins, they need methyl donors. B-vitamins tend to make them worse as Bs tend to increase glutamate and acetylcholine activity. However you may not even need methyl donor, you may just need copper. You take 50mg of zinc a day, I am sure at this point you must have copper deficiency. Because copper is necessary to make norepinephrine and epinephrine, your natural anti-histamines (cortisol is also a natural anti-histamine), you cannot control glutamate in your brain (which NE does) and histamine runs loose with no control. This is why an alpha receptor agonist helps you so much.

Copper is also needed to make DAO enzyme, which is the main enzymatic way we degrade histamine in our peripheral tissues such as nose, throat, eyes, to reduce excess histamine activity (in your case, salivary glands but you also mention you have allergies). It is also needed for immune function. This could be why you are so prone to immune problems.

I would recommend you drop most of these things and focus on simplicity. You clearly get plenty of zinc and in fact an excess amount so ideally it should temporarily be thrown as well in favor of consuming red meats for some zinc.

You should still supplement magnesium, calcium (1g a day). TMG can be used to reduce histamine but I think copper is your issue here really.

Likely you need to try copper supplementation as copper glycinate. But you need to stop zinc otherwise you will not absorb any of the copper. Vitamin C may worsen copper status so its not good to take much. You really should not need vitamin C since it is very easy to get from a couple servings of fruit a day. Same goes for most of the micronutrients. Eating meat, eggs, a few servings of dairy, starch for carbs, few servings of fruits and vegetables, will provided the vitamins you need so you can avoid the consequences of excess vitamins. It should provide most of your mineral needs as well.

I think you will likely improve dramatically by dropping the zinc off. It may take a week to get all this extra zinc out of the system so it doesnt inhibit copper absorption and then trialing copper supplementation. It will help you make your own norepinephrine, and it also required to make other peptides in the brain which have anxiolytic properties and should help your inflammation and immune problems. Then you will realize all the other vitamins and random things you take do nothing in comparison since likely what you really need is copper.

You know; when I was liquid chlorophyll 3 times a day before I began to supplement zinc gluconate, it would give me extreme and rapid energy, but it was still manic somewhat. Very very social and pretty verbally fluent, completely killed my appetite but I was just a bit impulsive still and …. Too much sex drive?

I’m a virgin and due to religion will not have sex before marriage so this extreme libido is not fun bc I also do not masturbate :). Basically makes me feel like an animal honestly and not in a good way. Literally a pulsating vagina.

to be honest the effects could be due to mixing that with the prescribed herbs and interactions etc. or maybe something bad about alfalfa.

I don’t think I should stop MK-4 and D3 or should I also stop these?

Isn’t copper glycinate not bioavailable or something? I’ll get it tomorrow anyway because now you got me curious and it’s readily available In all pharmacies but if there’s a better form lmk. Thank you so much.

OP
F

fatmaaaa16

Is copper not the greatest idea for someone with iron deficiency and super heavy periods ? Anyway I drop all supplements. My stomach will thank me and we’ll see with copper glycinate. Thanks again.

It sucks because the supplements help such specific things. Biotin grows and strengthens my hair so much, strong nails. Maybe I’ll keep biotin to 5000 mcg once a week.

Other than Copper; anything else you recommend that will maybe do the same or similar things (the alpha adrenergic receptor agonism; reducing swollen salivary glands and general edema) as pseudoephedrine in a much safer way (such as the dangers to adrenals it poses)?

Last edited:

redsun

Mr redsun your advisory on OP's supplements and need for simplicity is appreciated. I'm not flaming but do have a proclivity for truth.

At first your point was its not dopaminergic, then that it is but that its insignificant. The study I posted disproves both.

Have you ever used good cocaine friend :)? I guarantee you a substance 200 times less potent is still going to make you feel rather good.
The point is I would not classify pseudoephedrine as a dopaminergic when its major action is not dopaminergic. Its hard to visualize 200x less, so if you think of it as a percent then it becomes more obvious. The effect of pseudoephedrine is 0.05% the strength of cocaine. Not nothing, but if we take into consideration that the NE effect is comparable to cocaine, then it suggests the effects are likely due to norepinephrine mostly. Now NE and DA regions do crosstalk with each other and can excite each other so perhaps the NE exciting dopaminergic regions is enough to consider more dopaminergic effect.

You know; when I was liquid chlorophyll 3 times a day before I began to supplement zinc gluconate, it would give me extreme and rapid energy, but it was still manic somewhat. Very very social and pretty verbally fluent, completely killed my appetite but I was just a bit impulsive still and …. Too much sex drive?

I’m a virgin and due to religion will not have sex before marriage so this extreme libido is not fun bc I also do not masturbate :). Basically makes me feel like an animal honestly and not in a good way. Literally a pulsating vagina.

to be honest the effects could be due to mixing that with the prescribed herbs and interactions etc. or maybe something bad about alfalfa.

I don’t think I should stop MK-4 and D3 or should I also stop these?

Isn’t copper glycinate not bioavailable or something? I’ll get it tomorrow anyway because now you got me curious and it’s readily available In all pharmacies but if there’s a better form lmk. Thank you so much.
Herbs and other things you are taking as well as the vitamins could be enhancing libido further. So its really not a good combo.

Yes I would drop vitamin D as well. If you get sun exposure occasionally you should be alright. It doesnt enhance calcium absorption once your levels are above 10 ng. Its important you eat from all the food groups to get nutrition you need because the unnatural amount of vitamins you take are counterproductive and as I said they tend to stimulate and thus disturb the metabolism and this can also shows itself in your mental state. And if its really not doing your gut well to take some much stuff, then that alone can be exacerbating everything. A calm gut is ideal for a calm mind. At least, the more your gut gets disturbed by strange supplements and herbs the more it can trigger stress responses and instability in the body, making recovery near impossible. Good quality food tends to have the opposite effect.

I don't think chlorophyll would be giving you that much copper, it could be the other substances and plant chemicals (too many phytoestrogens could skyrocket libido) triggering sex drive even more. But do keep in mind, I don't think its possible to ever get low sex drive especially if you have no form of release and because you are also young.

Is copper not the greatest idea for someone with iron deficiency and super heavy periods ? Anyway I drop all supplements. My stomach will thank me and we’ll see with copper glycinate. Thanks again.

It sucks because the supplements help such specific things. Biotin grows and strengthens my hair so much, strong nails. Maybe I’ll keep biotin to 5000 mcg once a week.

Try your best to minimize use of supplements though I know it can be tempting. Biotin is okay it really doesnt do much negative and I know hair, nails, etc are important for you. Just minimize as best you can. Do you otherwise eat somewhat normally? What do you eat?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals