How To Compensate For Fluindione (vitamin K Antagonist)?

Xisca

My father has to take this because of a genetic issue that makes him coagulate too much and in a dangerous way. He of course has a very tight monitoring of blood sedimentation every 2 weeks.

So, he told me to never give him any vitK in any supp I can suggest. Instead of fluindione, I do not know if "The newer anticoagulants dabigatran and rivaroxaban " could be used, as they "have different mechanisms of action that do not interact with vitamin K, and may be taken with supplemental vitamin K" (wikipedia)

But at the moment he lacks vitamine K, and vitamine K is more than about blood fluidity, isn't it?
What's about having him take other quinone? Co Q10? What dose would benefit to him in that case? He is 79 years old and hypothyroid without treatment until now, I try to change this of course.

Does taking vitamine k has something to do with thyroid too? And thus missing it....
What is the problem of taking anti-vitK? (appart that it saves his life at the moment.... quite good no?)

Thanks for your lights!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Please I need some help for my dad!
I found out that CoQ10 could do something bad to him as well, but he has been taking this anti-K drug for 15 years and he is so tired and in pain and with lack of balance! I am a few days with him but then he will be alone and I will be monitoring whatever I can at distance.

I want to know if his state of health, going down for the last 6 years, comes from this drug and the lack of vitamin K.
Doctors say all is fine, except he is not.
In 2 days I try to get his Dr test his thyroid better than only TSH, also get homocystein levels.

What can be done if he cannot get quinones?
How bad is it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals