How important is fat loss for testosterone optimization

Good post Hans.
By following a weight loss regimen endotoxin will also decrease which it will increase dopamine production that also goes hand in hand with testosterone.
I lost about 7 kg mostly muscle mass in 4 months due to starvation, but I remember that before I had insulin spikes after eating and chronic bloating. Even if I lost strength, almost 15kg on bench press I feel that sedation after eating is non-existent and no morning grogginess.
Knowing that I lost also fat, and now I am eating as before and I'm gaining weight slow, I think this starvation had its benefits. I had days with 1-2g of PUFA a day.
What do you think?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good post Hans.
By following a weight loss regimen endotoxin will also decrease which it will increase dopamine production that also goes hand in hand with testosterone.
I lost about 7 kg mostly muscle mass in 4 months due to starvation, but I remember that before I had insulin spikes after eating and chronic bloating. Even if I lost strength, almost 15kg on bench press I feel that sedation after eating is non-existent and no morning grogginess.
Knowing that I lost also fat, and now I am eating as before and I'm gaining weight slow, I think this starvation had its benefits. I had days with 1-2g of PUFA a day.
What do you think?
Thanks!
It all depends on someone's starting weight. The more fat someone has, the less harmful an extreme deficit will be. But flooding the body with fat and toxins (from adipose tissue) can be a big downside of this approach. That's why I prefer to have protein and some nutrient-dense foods in the diet to support liver function.
During this time it's also important to lift to maintain muscle as best as possible. Low volume, like 6 sets per muscle group per week should be perfect. I'd do 1 set per muscle group per day, thus it's like a 10 min workout daily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals