Optimize protein intake for testosterone, thyroid and muscle growth

Blossom

Forum Supporter

What's your guys' experience with eating lamb (you have to read the article to get what I'm talking about)?
Great article @Hans. I include a lot of lamb in my diet and love it. We usually buy 2 lambs per year which comes to about 80 pounds of meat. I also eat closer to 4g/kg of protein (35% of total calories atm) and it’s done nothing but great things for my health. I’m a menopausal female for context.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article @Hans. I include a lot of lamb in my diet and love it. We usually buy 2 lambs per year which comes to about 80 pounds of meat. I also eat closer to 4g/kg of protein (35% of total calories atm) and it’s done nothing but great things for my health. I’m a menopausal female for context.
That's great. I've also recently experimented with higher protein intake with good results.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's great. I've also recently experimented with higher protein intake with good results.
That’s fantastic. FWIW I got visible abs for the first time in my life in my 50’s from dialing in my protein. My husband, who is a few years younger than me, and I decided to have a friendly fitness competition to see who could get visible abs first and I actually won. We weren’t taking it too seriously but I was taking a macros class at the time so I definitely think there’s a grain of truth to the idea that abs are made in the kitchen. Not that abs really matter in the big scheme of things of course but it was still nice to achieve.