The easiest way to optimize DHT (thyroid optimization)

Lucenzo01

Good thread. So pregnenolone + t3 should be a good combo. Maybe add some dht powder to kickstart everything

EustaceBagge

Is it true that eventhough DHT is the symptom and not the cause of hairloss, if we increase it to insane levels we would still expect hair loss?

So what I'm asking is is that if you have very high doses in your body deliberately (by gel or injection) you would expect hair loss no matter what? Assuming you have the genetics of course.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good thread. So pregnenolone + t3 should be a good combo. Maybe add some dht powder to kickstart everything
Thyroid does upregulate all steroidogenic enzymes, so yes, adding some preg might help, but I doubt that it will help significantly. DHT can help to compensate/protect against hypothyroidism as well, so it's likely a good addition in small amounts.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is it true that eventhough DHT is the symptom and not the cause of hairloss, if we increase it to insane levels we would still expect hair loss?

So what I'm asking is is that if you have very high doses in your body deliberately (by gel or injection) you would expect hair loss no matter what? Assuming you have the genetics of course.
Hyperthyroidism might contribute to hair loss, but that's not because of the DHT. Giving people very big amounts of DHT, such as 70mg twice a day for many months, hasn't been shown to cause or contribute to hair loss.
Optimizing thyroid function is more likely to help restore proper hair growth and improve hair quality than anything else.