How can you handle that much juice?

Motif

Started pear juice cause it’s a pretty good copper source and cause I don’t tolerate OJ.

Wanted to drink 1,5 liters daily, but no change. I feel crazy bloated from it.

anything I can do about this or do I need to drop it ?

Ben.

I heared from some people when they eat beans for example they get alot of bloating and farting going but it goes away after consistently eating it for 2-3 weeks.
How much discomfort is it causing?

The gut microbiome sounds like it is not well equipped/adjusted to drink that. Maybe try lower amounts and work yourself up slowly.

If neither of thoose two options work i would drop it.

M

metabolizm

Do you actually crave 1.5 litres daily? If not, drink only the amount you crave, and you'll probably tolerate it better.

OP
M

Motif

Do you actually crave 1.5 litres daily? If not, drink only the amount you crave, and you'll probably tolerate it better.
No, I just wanted to add it for more copper, cause I struggle with copper sources cause of intolerances ...

OP
M

Motif

I heared from some people when they eat beans for example they get alot of bloating and farting going but it goes away after consistently eating it for 2-3 weeks.
How much discomfort is it causing?

The gut microbiome sounds like it is not well equipped/adjusted to drink that. Maybe try lower amounts and work yourself up slowly.

If neither of thoose two options work i would drop it.
Yeah I’ll just drink less of it !

Started pear juice cause it’s a pretty good copper source and cause I don’t tolerate OJ.

I know Ray Peat recommends lots of orange juice for the vitamin C and potassium, but pear juice in general doesn't even compare to orange juice, and pears are goitrogenic. I couldn't tolerate orange juice either, until i bought local grown ones, which are much sweeter than the store ones. Taking it a step further and straining out the pulp and mixing raw honey and salt, and even later, gelatin, works so much better for me now. Certainly not in the crazy amounts recommended, but hey i am getting in 4 to to 6 oranges a day now ?

OP
M

Motif

I know Ray Peat recommends lots of orange juice for the vitamin C and potassium, but pear juice in general doesn't even compare to orange juice, and pears are goitrogenic. I couldn't tolerate orange juice either, until i bought local grown ones, which are much sweeter than the store ones. Taking it a step further and straining out the pulp and mixing raw honey and salt, and even later, gelatin, works so much better for me now. Certainly not in the crazy amounts recommended, but hey i am getting in 4 to to 6 oranges a day now ?

getting ripe oranges here is tough and I guess it’s the same for juice!
I’d love to be able to tolerate it, but no Chance.

Dr. B

what was your issue with OJ did you try organic orange juice? is it the pasteurization that makes it difficult

whats the product is it organic and fresh. why not switch to OJ and beef liver for the copper

what was your issue with OJ did you try organic orange juice? is it the pasteurization that makes it difficult

whats the product is it organic and fresh. why not switch to OJ and beef liver for the copper
Mine issues with the orange juice was partly histamine related, with stuffy nose, bloat and just feeling off, and even more so with store bought oranges. We have a city owned orange grove just behind our house that we occasionally partake in, and those oranges are super sweet, picking them as we wish, which was perfectly ripe, and I would still get issues. Once I tried Ray Peat's advice on straining out the pulp, which my husband thinks is so fussy, i didn't get bloat. The amount of pulp I would dump in sink was an eye opener, with way more than I realized was in the juice unstrained. Adding in the salt, and sugar at first, solved much of the histamine issue and bloat too, and I eventually graduated the sugar to raw honey. The whole thing is very satifying now. I could probably get away with having more, but oranges are high in histamines, so I don't want to push my luck.

OP
M

Motif

Mine issues with the orange juice was partly histamine related, with stuffy nose, bloat and just feeling off, and even more so with store bought oranges. We have a city owned orange grove just behind our house that we occasionally partake in, and those oranges are super sweet, picking them as we wish, which was perfectly ripe, and I would still get issues. Once I tried Ray Peat's advice on straining out the pulp, which my husband thinks is so fussy, i didn't get bloat. The amount of pulp I would dump in sink was an eye opener, with way more than I realized was in the juice unstrained. Adding in the salt, and sugar at first, solved much of the histamine issue and bloat too, and I eventually graduated the sugar to raw honey. The whole thing is very satifying now. I could probably get away with having more, but oranges are high in histamines, so I don't want to push my luck.
100% histamine for me.

Daniil

Pineapple juice also contains a lot of copper, as well as manganese. However, it is easier to take copper from offal. Gelatin also contain copper. In 100 grams, one and a half of the daily norm.

OP
M

Motif

Pineapple juice also contains a lot of copper, as well as manganese. However, it is easier to take copper from offal. Gelatin also contain copper. In 100 grams, one and a half of the daily norm.

yeah I wanted to try pineapple juice!

is pineapple fine compared to pears?

How much Gelatine daily is recommended ?

prune juice has lots of copper too, but hard to get

cherrie juice has some copper too
Carrot juice too

but probably not recommended to drink daily about 1 liter

Daniil

yeah I wanted to try pineapple juice!

is pineapple fine compared to pears?

How much Gelatine daily is recommended ?

prune juice has lots of copper too, but hard to get

cherrie juice has some copper too
Carrot juice too

but probably not recommended to drink daily about 1 liter
I like pineapple juice better

Ray recommended 50 grams.

Same as from almost everything , but oj somehow is really one of the worst things for those symptoms- seborrhoic eczema , dermatitis, itchy scalp with hair loss
Oh my! I feel for you! Sugar, salt and caffeine got me off of anti-histamines, and getting flouride out of my diet made a tremendous difference! Oranges are very high in histamines, as are pretty much all fruits, so as I said I don't push my luck, and am mindful to keep other high histamine foods out of my day to have those 4 to 6 oranges. It is all about keeping your histamine "bucket" from overflowing, and causing unwanted symptoms. I hope you get your histamines to a better place. Please feel free to pick my brain anytime on the issue.

Dr. B

Oh my! I feel for you! Sugar, salt and caffeine got me off of anti-histamines, and getting flouride out of my diet made a tremendous difference! Oranges are very high in histamines, as are pretty much all fruits, so as I said I don't push my luck, and am mindful to keep other high histamine foods out of my day to have those 4 to 6 oranges. It is all about keeping your histamine "bucket" from overflowing, and causing unwanted symptoms. I hope you get your histamines to a better place. Please feel free to pick my brain anytime on the issue.
how did you remove fluoride. no drinking tap or other waters?
dont oranges have copper vitamin c and other anti histamine nutrients

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals