How The Fluck Can I Get A High Calorie Diet On Ray Peat „guidelines“?and

清貴杉山

Of course you will say now it’s easy cause sugar and dairy, but to me it’s absolutely not.

No Joghurt for example. Best case low fat diet.
When I drink one liter of milk and one liter of fruit juice daily it’s still nothing.

Fruits don’t have a lot calories. No noodles etc.

Most cheese not good with histamine issues and cottage cheese and mozzarella is not something that i can eat tons of Daily.

Two eggs is nothing in calories.
Meat and seafood is not something I can eat tons of.

And i need a lot of calories to gain weight and I want and need to gain some.

Advices?
If you have histamine issues you maybe have copper/magnesium deficencie

SonOfEurope

Ray Peat does not advocate for plain, refined white sugar.

Something to keep in mind that really changes your perception as you go trough his many articles is that, everytime you see "sugar " he is actually speaking of an orange... Or a ripe mango....

Fry your eggs in coconut oil, have a breakfast of 4 scrambled eggs with low iron toast... Feast on gelatinous cuts of meat and stews made out of them and potatoes cooked to a mush...

I follow Peat guidelines and I ingest over 3000 calories a day. Progesterone, Pregnenolone and thyroid increase your appetite - as do the anti-radiation and cell damage protective "Anti Histamines" you may occasionally take... As well as caffeine always needing some food for metabolic benefits etc.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

But I have to admit... I never eat until I feel like my abdomen is going to explode... (Like I used to as a teenager.., ) I like to stop when I'm still a little hungry.

So I eat 6 times a day, intermediated by 3 cups of coffee.

Maljam

But I have to admit... I never eat until I feel like my abdomen is going to explode... (Like I used to as a teenager.., ) I like to stop when I'm still a little hungry.

So I eat 6 times a day, intermediated by 3 cups of coffee.

Have you noticed anything from waiting like that? I've started waiting until I am very hungry but then slightly different to you, eating big meals.

SonOfEurope

Have you noticed anything from waiting like that? I've started waiting until I am very hungry but then slightly different to you, eating big meals.

Hard at first but you get used to it.

I don't stop when I am still starving lol... I satisfy hunger but avoid gluttony.

It's 500 to 700 calorie portion of food in there and I stop when I'm not feeling full... But the real hunger is satisfied.

It's only waiting 180 or 200 minutes to the next one so not a hard task.

Dutchie

My guess is the combination of caffeine and CO2. I've tried fanta and sprite as well, but they didn't help that much and neither did caffeine alone. Normal pepsi and coke bloat me, so pepsi max unfortuntaly is my only option.

I notice that many competitive eaters drink diet cokes. It's not to preserve calories,but apparently it makes it easier for them to eat more. So,it seems the artificial sweeteners in it do something to the digestive process...

Maljam

Hard at first but you get used to it.

I don't stop when I am still starving lol... I satisfy hunger but avoid gluttony.

It's 500 to 700 calorie portion of food in there and I stop when I'm not feeling full... But the real hunger is satisfied.

It's only waiting 180 or 200 minutes to the next one so not a hard task.

I mean, have you noticed any benefits from doing this? I.e why are you doing this? Any digestion benefits etc?

SonOfEurope

I mean, have you noticed any benefits from doing this? I.e why are you doing this? Any digestion benefits etc?

Better insulin msnagement and ability to be energized through the whole sacred day.

Before... I used to eat breakfast at 8am until full and just before lunch at 1pm I was starving.

Ate a big lunch at 1, stomach about to burst, one hour later feeling sleepy... Wake up... Did my chores... Again starrrving just before dinner at 8pm.

Spacing 3000 or so calories over 6 meals allowed me to keep everything in the blood steady during the day, energized, no fullness or starvation and accelerated metabolic rate.

Yes... Better digestion too...

Breakfast = 8am

Pre-lunch = 11am

Lunch = 2pm

Post lunch = 5:30pm

Supper= 9pm.

Last snack = 10:30. (cheese with low iron bread, small portion )

Coffees are around 9am and 3-4pm.

I still fast the night of course... I find it crazy how those pro-bodybuilders take it to such an extreme that they get up at 2am for their "middle of the night snack" !!!....

ursidae

I’d suggest dried fruit but you mention histamine issues. Honey + nutritional yeast to make up for the empty calories was one of my hacks, not sure if that’s histamine friendly either
It’s also kind of an expensive diet if you’re consuming whole foods/higher quality ingredients. When I had ripe local fruit and grass fed meats as staples, food was all I was spending money on, spent all my savings on it

jet9

I just eat yams [african wild yams not sweet potatoes]. I know something so starchy isn't particularly peat but yams are the goat...no doubt about it imo.
how do they look? So far all markets i've been to sell same tuber under yams and sweet potatoes (orange flesh one).

Hairfedup

how do they look? So far all markets i've been to sell same tuber under yams and sweet potatoes (orange flesh one).

Hey they arevery large, brown and knobbly [lol]. I'll attach a few images so you can see. It is absolutely imperative that you ask the market people to cut the heads off each yam so you can see the inside - they should be completely white and blemish free. Any marks, dots or lines is a spoiled yam which yams are very prone to being ( i think there is a disease prevalent in them and cassava) and is probably toxic from a peatian perspective, Africans avoid these at all costs. The great thing about them is that as long as they aren't pounded and are well boiled, they aren't very starchy at all (even though pounding the yam is heavenly). They are also steroidal which I'm sure members on this forum might be interested in.

You can also get yam powder known as ebulo or amala powder but this is a fermented and dried and honestly is a very, very acquired taste. You have to mix it with hot water to create a fufu/dough. Literally only one ethnic group eats this.

Here's some pictures:

1609846818145.jpeg

AdobeStock_72220865_grande.jpg
trueyams_getty2400-56a4983c5f9b58b7d0d7bafd.jpg

There are also varieties that have a pale yellow/cream flesh and some that are studded with purple but the white yam is superior. These are not sweet potatoes (orange flesh or purple flesh and look completely different as you can see) !

jet9

Hey they arevery large, brown and knobbly [lol]. I'll attach a few images so you can see. It is absolutely imperative that you ask the market people to cut the heads off each yam so you can see the inside - they should be completely white and blemish free. Any marks, dots or lines is a spoiled yam which yams are very prone to being ( i think there is a disease prevalent in them and cassava) and is probably toxic from a peatian perspective, Africans avoid these at all costs. The great thing about them is that as long as they aren't pounded and are well boiled, they aren't very starchy at all (even though pounding the yam is heavenly). They are also steroidal which I'm sure members on this forum might be interested in.

You can also get yam powder known as ebulo or amala powder but this is a fermented and dried and honestly is a very, very acquired taste. You have to mix it with hot water to create a fufu/dough. Literally only one ethnic group eats this.

Here's some pictures:

View attachment 21040
AdobeStock_72220865_grande.jpg
trueyams_getty2400-56a4983c5f9b58b7d0d7bafd.jpg

There are also varieties that have a pale yellow/cream flesh and some that are studded with purple but the white yam is superior. These are not sweet potatoes (orange flesh or purple flesh and look completely different as you can see) !
Thanks for the images, that's helpful.

"Any marks, dots or lines is a spoiled yam which yams are very prone to being ( i think there is a disease prevalent in them and cassava) and is probably toxic from a peatian perspective, Africans avoid these at all costs."
-yes, you are right. it's same with cassava, sometimes they have dots/lines which should be avoided.

Could you tell why you choose this yam over other carb alternatives? (white potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, fruits, etc)
Do you tolerate them better? Or are they simply most cost effective for you?

Hairfedup

Thanks for the images, that's helpful.

"Any marks, dots or lines is a spoiled yam which yams are very prone to being ( i think there is a disease prevalent in them and cassava) and is probably toxic from a peatian perspective, Africans avoid these at all costs."
-yes, you are right. it's same with cassava, sometimes they have dots/lines which should be avoided.

Could you tell why you choose this yam over other carb alternatives? (white potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, fruits, etc)
Do you tolerate them better? Or are they simply most cost effective for you?
No problem buddy. I prefer this yam because

1. its relatively safe and preferred over the toxic cassava I ate growing up
2. it agrees with me surprisingly well (except for when pounded to release the starch, this causes havoc)
3. it is apparently a natural steroid that somehow works in conjunction with DHT and DHEA.
4. groups that consume it heavily/exclusively like the Igbo in Nigeria are built exceptionally well - probably due to the aforementioned
5. i think its hella tasty when eaten with a stew etc or made into a pottage with habenero & scotch bonnet peppers.

i haven't been able to eat it for close to a year though since I've been suffering from some debilitating gut bacteria problems but as soon as I'm well I'm going right back to my favorite, the african yam.

rei

If you need to bulk up chocolate is probably the most healthy thing you can consume. Don't even go for the 70+% cocoa versions, just good quality milk chocolate. It has easily digestible sugars (not only sucrose) with the magical long chained saturated fats in addition to dairy fats, and a boatload of nutrients.

Vins7

Increasing fat intake is the easy option, but clearly not the optimal one. We want to decrease fatty acid oxidation, not increase it. Loading up on starch in addition to the milk/juice/honey/sugar is preferable if you want to gain weight. I'm personally a big fan of potatoes. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick' em in a stew. :):
What percentage of each macronutrient would be optimal? 25-30% fat would be too much for someone trying to gain weight?

I started using Cronometer and was shocked that I offer eat 3500 kcal.

milk, coffee, sugar, orange juice, eggs, a bit of potatoes, Coke’s, a little ice cream, it all adds up.

Someone asked me to lost this.

Attachments

• FFCB8398-F630-43F8-B460-7434DD778A97.jpeg
    FFCB8398-F630-43F8-B460-7434DD778A97.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 125

Luann

OP I struggle to get enough as well.

Short grain sushi rice - lowest in pufa and resistant fibers - has a ton of carbs. I also make hot cocoa every night so that adds fat & sugar to protein. Gl

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals