Copper sources if not tolerating oysters, liver, cocoa and juices?

Motif

It’s tricky and I don’t see how to get rid of my copper deficiency.

all those things trigger my histamine intolerance and my hair falls out like crazy.

any more ideas?

i can eat mushrooms but not that much and that often to get nearly enough.

last thing I tried is to drink about 1 liter pear juice per day, but I don’t tolerate it. I’m bloated like crazy from it and I start sweating from it with hot flashes.

i have to say - I’m pretty desperate

Z

Zsazsa

I have to supplement with copper. Can't get enough from food due to presence of antagonists (histamine, sulfur, vit C, etc).

Hans

Forum Supporter
It’s tricky and I don’t see how to get rid of my copper deficiency.

all those things trigger my histamine intolerance and my hair falls out like crazy.

any more ideas?

i can eat mushrooms but not that much and that often to get nearly enough.

last thing I tried is to drink about 1 liter pear juice per day, but I don’t tolerate it. I’m bloated like crazy from it and I start sweating from it with hot flashes.

i have to say - I’m pretty desperate
Do you perhaps have fungal overgrowth? Since fungus can also use copper, I speculate that they use the copper and "steal" your copper and they can then also cause gut inflammation which could further reduce copper absorption.

Jam

Beef heart, Medjool dates, kiwis, bananas, coffee...

OP
M

Motif

Thanks. Problem with those foods is I would have to eat tons of it and I know from dates for example that my skin breaks out from lots of it like crazy too.

@Zsazsa whaz Kind of copper supplement and how much of it? Were or are you deficient in copper ?

@Hans
i don’t know! I did some test for candida at my gastro years ago and he said i don’t have it, but probably that means nothing.

i had a yellow tongue over years and it was hell. I started all kinds of anti fungal stuff like oregano oil, grapeseed extract and I can’t even remember what kinds of stuff I was taking. I was even taking stuff like cdl (mms kind ) and I would never do this again , but honestly my yellow tongue was gone since then and never came back. That was six years ago.

But my histamine issues did not improve from this. I really think they are only copper and zinc related and if my zinc / copper levels were good I would be fine

the influence of copper and zinc supplements on my histamine related issues (eczema, dermatitis , hair loss) is crazy. It improves a lot while I take it, but it never goes away and my levels remain low.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Problem with those foods is I would have to eat tons of it and I know from dates for example that my skin breaks out from lots of it like crazy too.

@Zsazsa whaz Kind of copper supplement and how much of it? Were or are you deficient in copper ?

@Hans
i don’t know! I did some test for candida at my gastro years ago and he said i don’t have it, but probably that means nothing.

i had a yellow tongue over years and it was hell. I started all kinds of anti fungal stuff like oregano oil, grapeseed extract and I can’t even remember what kinds of stuff I was taking. I was even taking stuff like cdl (mms kind ) and I would never do this again , but honestly my yellow tongue was gone since then and never came back. That was six years ago.

But my histamine issues did not improve from this. I really think they are only copper and zinc related and if my zinc / copper levels were good I would be fine

the influence of copper and zinc supplements on my histamine related issues (eczema, dermatitis , hair loss) is crazy. It improves a lot while I take it, but it never goes away and my levels remain low.
Leaky gut usually plays a huge role in histamine intolerance. Your symptoms all correlate with an inflammatory state, so you have to find the root for what your immune system is reacting to. Perhaps it's leaky gut or SIBO/SIFO that's causing all the issues.

OP
M

Motif

Leaky gut usually plays a huge role in histamine intolerance. Your symptoms all correlate with an inflammatory state, so you have to find the root for what your immune system is reacting to. Perhaps it's leaky gut or SIBO/SIFO that's causing all the issues.

yeah, but I don’t know what to do next. Years ago I was all about taking stuff against sibo. But nothing helped. I was even taking rifaximin and another antibiotic that was recommended

but this did not change anything in my symptoms. The only things that really do and I feel it immediately is copper and zinc. Itching stops hours later.
@Hans

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
yeah, but I don’t know what to do next. Years ago I was all about taking stuff against sibo. But nothing helped. I was even taking rifaximin and another antibiotic that was recommended

but this did not change anything in my symptoms. The only things that really do and I feel it immediately is copper and zinc. Itching stops hours later.
@Hans
How do you feel zinc and copper? Is that from food or supplements?

OP
M

Motif

How do you feel zinc and copper? Is that from food or supplements?

From both I’d say. just most high copper foods are too high histamine. I’ll give canned oysters another shot the next days.

Even copper gluconate is having positive effects.

i really can tell quick because my scalp itching is so much from this and zinc. It feels like my scalp can breathe. It’s a crazy difference. But it’s hard to find a good balance and that itchy / suffocating scalp feeling comes back quick. It’s better when I take the supplements, but like I said still there.

the flaking in my face gets a lot better too from it. When I don’t get enough zinc it’s so much worse. It really gets inflamed then.

hair loss is much better too. But all those symptoms are not fully gone. Just improved a lot.
i don’t know if my body just needs a lot of those or can’t hold it or doesn’t absorb it.

@Hans

I tested manganese , boron , molybdenum and selenium too and they were all in range, but I think even at least selenium has some effects on this too, but not sure about this.

just the copper and zinc deficiency was always obvious over years

Maybe I miss something really basic. I don’t know. Maybe lack of movement is not getting nutrients in or something like this. I work out for example, but I’m sitting all day and work on a computer.
Also I have super tight back/hip/neck/shoulders chronically. Don’t know if this can have influence on this. I have this for almost two decades now

Last edited:
Z

Zsazsa

I take a mix of supplements from the compounding pharmacy, among them Zn citrate 15 mg + Cu Glycinate 1 mg.
I was never diagnosed with coppr deficiency, And last time I tested copper in blood it was much higher than zinc... But there is so much improvement from supplementing with it (taking Zn only is not as beneficial), especially regarding my sleep. Just recently Chris Masterjohn posted on Instagram that waking up in the middle of the night to pee is a sign of copper deficiency - spot on for me. Another improvement is strenghtening of fingernails and diminished hair loss as you reported.

I suspect the cause is poor absorption + increased demand due to dysbiosis.

OP
M

Motif

I take a mix of supplements from the compounding pharmacy, among them Zn citrate 15 mg + Cu Glycinate 1 mg.
I was never diagnosed with coppr deficiency, And last time I tested copper in blood it was much higher than zinc... But there is so much improvement from supplementing with it (taking Zn only is not as beneficial), especially regarding my sleep. Just recently Chris Masterjohn posted on Instagram that waking up in the middle of the night to pee is a sign of copper deficiency - spot on for me. Another improvement is strenghtening of fingernails and diminished hair loss as you reported.

I suspect the cause is poor absorption + increased demand due to dysbiosis.

zinc short term helped my symptoms but then the symptoms came back even worse. Keeping copper and zinc in balance is really important.
And yeah, maybe dysbiosis. But maybe not ?‍♂️

OP
M

Motif

From both I’d say. just most high copper foods are too high histamine. I’ll give canned oysters another shot the next days.

i really can tell quick because my scalp itching is so much from this and zinc. It feels like my scalp can breathe. It’s a crazy difference. But it’s hard to find a good balance and that itchy / suffocating scalp feeling comes back quick. It’s better when I take the supplements, but like I said still there.

the flaking in my face gets a lot better too from it. When I don’t get enough zinc it’s so much worse. It really gets inflamed then.

hair loss is much better too. But all those symptoms are not fully gone. Just improved a lot.
i don’t know if my body just needs a lot of those or can’t hold it or doesn’t absorb it.

@Hans

I tested manganese , boron , molybdenum and selenium too and they were all in range, but I think even at least selenium has some effects on this too, but not sure about this.

Maybe I miss something really basic. I don’t know. Maybe lack of movement is not getting nutrients in or something like this. I work out for example, but I’m sitting all day and work on a computer.
Also I have super tight back/hip/neck/shoulders chronically. Don’t know if this can have influence on this. I have this for almost two decades now
Edit:

@Hans

edit:
@Hans

since yesterday I stopped my copper supplements and today my scalp itching came back. I was eating 0,9 gram copper from dark chocolate today to see how I feel from that.
+ 1 1/2 potatoes. Some copper from pear juice (0,3 liter), 1 pear.

my scalp itching remained and even got worse trough the day.
I woke up one hour ago and my scalp felt like sh**. I took 2 mg copper gluconate and my scalp feels much better now.

i just don’t get it. Maybe I really need a lot of copper. But I wonder why.
5th of may I will have new blood tests and I bet copper and ceruloplasmin will come back low again, despite trying to get lots of copper.

copper and ceruloplasmin are always slightly in deficiency.
i tried 6 weeks high dosed copper gluconate a few years ago and the test still come back low.

And no more chocolate or cocoa for me. I don’t tolerate it. Of course it was a lot of i wanted to see if the high copper amount eliminate my histamine reaction. Unfortunately not. I think it’s up with some of my worst triggers besides OJ and Peanut butter.
Next try - oysters again.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Edit:

edit:
@Hans

since yesterday I stopped my copper supplements and today my scalp itching came back. I was eating 0,9 gram copper from dark chocolate today to see how I feel from that.
+ 1 1/2 potatoes. Some copper from pear juice (0,3 liter), 1 pear.

my scalp itching remained and even got worse trough the day.
I woke up one hour ago and my scalp felt like sh**. I took 2 mg copper gluconate and my scalp feels much better now.

i just don’t get it. Maybe I really need a lot of copper. But I wonder why.
5th of may I will have new blood tests and I bet copper and ceruloplasmin will come back low again, despite trying to get lots of copper.

copper and ceruloplasmin are always slightly in deficiency.
i tried 6 weeks high dosed copper gluconate a few years ago and the test still come back low.

And no more chocolate or cocoa for me. I don’t tolerate it. Of course it was a lot of i wanted to see if the high copper amount eliminate my histamine reaction. Unfortunately not. I think it’s up with some of my worst triggers besides OJ and Peanut butter.
Next try - oysters again.
It's just strange how quickly you feel a difference when you take copper. It's almost too quick for it to actually upregulate DAO and lower histamine that way. Perhaps it's having anti-bacterial properties and that's why it's helping. Perhaps you can try an oral anti-fungal, specifically flowers of sulphur, it's definitely the most potent thing I've ever used.
Scalp dandruff/itching does correlate with gut issues in my experience.

OP
M

Motif

It's just strange how quickly you feel a difference when you take copper. It's almost too quick for it to actually upregulate DAO and lower histamine that way. Perhaps it's having anti-bacterial properties and that's why it's helping. Perhaps you can try an oral anti-fungal, specifically flowers of sulphur, it's definitely the most potent thing I've ever used.
Scalp dandruff/itching does correlate with gut issues in my experience.
How much should i take and after what time should I feel a difference from this ?
as quick as from zinc and copper?

but like I said I took a lot of stuff, like oregano oil or grapeseed extract. That stuff Made my symptoms worse.

@Hans

i have positive Pyroluria Test too, but no idea how reliable this is.
Btw what does your diet look like?
I was reading you had skin issues too ?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
How much should i take and after what time should I feel a difference from this ?
This is person-specific, but if it lowers your inflammation, you should feel it within a week.
as quick as from zinc and copper?
Yes, it seems you take it and then immediately experience benefits.
but like I said I took a lot of stuff, like oregano oil or grapeseed extract. That stuff Made my symptoms worse.
Certain EOs can also be harsh on a sensitive gut.
Btw what does your diet look like?
Milk, raw honey, cocoa, coffee, and meat frequently.
I was reading you had skin issues too ?
Yes definitely. Dandruff, beardruff, scabs on scalp, bacne and red rash were the main ones I can think of right now. Eliminating starch helped a lot. Then certain supplements like activated charcoal, coconut oil, black cumin, cocoa, camphor, flowers of sulphur, etc, also made a big difference.
i have positive Pyroluria Test too, but no idea how reliable this is.
Pyrrole disorder is also linked to the gut, specifically leaky gut. As I mentioned before, histamine intolerance is also linked to leaky gut, so I do think that most of your problems could be because of some issue in the gut caused by bacteria, fungus or parasites.

OP
M

Motif

Ok, so flowers of sulphur.
how long should this be taken? If it makes the symptoms worse - should I keep taking it?

my symptoms are so bad again. I really think dark chocolate is the worst thing I can do besides OJ. Could this be a oxalate issue?
@Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ok, so flowers of sulphur.
how long should this be taken? If it makes the symptoms worse - should I keep taking it?

my symptoms are so bad again. I really think dark chocolate is the worst thing I can do besides OJ. Could this be a oxalate issue?
@Hans
I don't know why it would make your symptoms worse. Just take a pinch first thing in the morning for about a week and check your symptoms. Peat mentioned that he only took it once with great results.

OP
M

Motif

I don't know why it would make your symptoms worse. Just take a pinch first thing in the morning for about a week and check your symptoms. Peat mentioned that he only took it once with great results.

ok i will look If I can find it here and try.

i took msm years ago but that did nothing.
Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals