I thought heavy daily sweating was causing my low potassium / salt/ magnesium symptoms , but now I think too much sugar might be a big factor

Motif

I started some daily sports again months ago and cause I don’t want to lose too much weight (best case would have been to not lose any , but didn’t work ) and so I always drink around 1,5 liters of fruit juice or lemonade while I’m active.

Over the last weeks I sometimes got so restless and slept bad and I found out I need much more potassium, so I started to drink water instead and since then I feel much better.

i don’t know if that’s coincidence, or if the fruit juice / lemonade just depleted lots of minerals.

still sucks that if I stick to the water I’m missing out many calories that I got before, means losing even more weight.

edit: of course I still need to get more potassium now. Will work on that

Nomane Euger

From my experience nothing feel more minerals repleting and hydrating than ripe fruits,a bunch of sugar even honey relative to other minerals rich foods feel mineral depleting on the long term and can cause high thirst even on the short term,and tap water does absolutely not quench any thirst feeling,it quickly comeback after I drink it,mineral water feel a bit better but no where near ripe fruits,gauge how you feel after you eat the fruit juice physically,less stiff more chill,less bones cracking,better sleep less eyes pressures,then it’s probably mineral repleting,if you don’t feel these kind of things then. It’s not.do you crave salt?
I started some daily sports again months ago and cause I don’t want to lose too much weight (best case would have been to not lose any , but didn’t work ) and so I always drink around 1,5 liters of fruit juice or lemonade while I’m active.

Over the last weeks I sometimes got so restless and slept bad and I found out I need much more potassium, so I started to drink water instead and since then I feel much better.

i don’t know if that’s coincidence, or if the fruit juice / lemonade just depleted lots of minerals.

still sucks that if I stick to the water I’m missing out many calories that I got before, means losing even more weight.

edit: of course I still need to get more potassium now. Will work on that

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

From my experience nothing feel more minerals repleting and hydrating than ripe fruits,a bunch of sugar even honey relative to other minerals rich foods feel mineral depleting on the long term and can cause high thirst even on the short term,and tap water does absolutely not quench any thirst feeling,it quickly comeback after I drink it,mineral water feel a bit better but no where near ripe fruits,gauge how you feel after you eat the fruit juice physically,less stiff more chill,less bones cracking,better sleep less eyes pressures,then it’s probably mineral repleting,if you don’t feel these kind of things then. It’s not.do you crave salt?

sometimes not that easy to get ripe fruits in Germany.

if I crave salt is a good question. Not really , but when I take like a half teaspoon of pure salt in my mouth and wash it down with water I’d like to get another 3 Half teaspoons... but no idea if that’s reliable.

Nomane Euger

sometimes not that easy to get ripe fruits in Germany.

if I crave salt is a good question. Not really , but when I take like a half teaspoon of pure salt in my mouth and wash it down with water I’d like to get another 3 Half teaspoons... but no idea if that’s reliable.
Sometimes when I eat a lot of fruits i start to crave salty foods,I have spontaneous images of salty foods popping in my mind and salivation triggered by these images.if the juice is made from poorly ripe fruits from my experience I do not get any of the benefits I mentionned. « Jurassic fruits »is à website that claim picking up their fruits right when they are ready to be picked on the tree,they deliver to Germany i lbelieve,ts organic,i tested their oranges,they were shameful,but perhaps for other fruits they have good quality

OP
M

Motif

Sometimes when I eat a lot of fruits i start to crave salty foods,I have spontaneous images of salty foods popping in my mind and salivation triggered by these images.if the juice is made from poorly ripe fruits from my experience I do not get any of the benefits I mentionned. « Jurassic fruits »is à website that claim picking up their fruits right when they are ready to be picked on the tree,they deliver to Germany i lbelieve,ts organic,i tested their oranges,they were shameful,but perhaps for other fruits they have good quality

i have to ask around which juices are really made from ripe fruits over here. Good idea

Nomane Euger

i have to ask around which juices are really made from ripe fruits over here. Good idea
I never had a fruit juice that was made from ripe fruit enough and that made me experience benefits,all fruits juice I tryed had unpleasant flavors and made me experience some lvl of rash.you are near France,Italie,Spain,if you search enough you can provide you very ripe fruits almost the entire year,from oranges to watermon at least

Neeters 27

Just have your doctor check your blood potassium levels. mine are always on the low side due to sweating lots from exercise AND menopause. She prescirbed Meq 8 potassium, I take 2 in am and 1 in pm. Now I am insulin resistant and so fruit juice only in moderation, and even though I eat tons of greens and some potatoes, which are high in Potassium, I still need to supplement.
Potatoes, oranges/Oj, bananas all contain high potassium. too much sugar at once makes me sweat profusely. Therefore I dont recommend more than 6 ounces of juice at a time. too many carbs.

Dr. B

Just have your doctor check your blood potassium levels. mine are always on the low side due to sweating lots from exercise AND menopause. She prescirbed Meq 8 potassium, I take 2 in am and 1 in pm. Now I am insulin resistant and so fruit juice only in moderation, and even though I eat tons of greens and some potatoes, which are high in Potassium, I still need to supplement.
Potatoes, oranges/Oj, bananas all contain high potassium. too much sugar at once makes me sweat profusely. Therefore I dont recommend more than 6 ounces of juice at a time. too many carbs.
sugar sweating is probably good means its raising metabolism a lot?
does salt mess with potassium? so a high sugar diet means limiting salt is better?

Neeters 27

nevr limit salt, especially if you sweat a lot! I am a real salty sweater, if i dont change my workout clothes, they will have white salt stains as soon as they dry! potassium helps keep the salt IN and in balance. I put salt in my OJ and its especially good on pineapple and in pineapple juice! for a while, i was exhausted all the time and kept going to the kitchen and putting salt in my palm and licking it several times a day. i dont do that anymore, no more salt cravings. my garden is full of ripe tomatoes right now, so I am eating them with this gorgeous Italian sea salt/herb mix called "salamoia bolognese". its deelish! My husband eats a lot of sugar, and he is also a "SALT VAMPIRE" as I like to call him Lol! lots and lots of salt on everything! PS, salt makes your blood pressure go DOWN. not enough salt makes adrenal glands produce too much Aldosterone to compensate electrolyte balance, and makes blood pressure go UP. this is the scientific truth that most doctors dont even understand!