Organic orange juices tasting much worse and different. Super fruit juice brand

Jennifer

So kennessaw you dont know if it has no clarifying agents. The apple juice did you confirm it doesnt use clarifying agents? Is this whole foods fresh squeezed appoe juice or which one. Have you found any other juices available at whole foods or other retailers which dont use the clarifying agents

Also the kennessaw brand isnt organic i think they also offer a strawberry juice

I don’t know if Kennesaw uses clarifying agents, no. The brand I get (Carlson Orchards) is unfiltered, yes. You can see in the photo below how cloudy it is. I use a coffee filter set over a ball jar to filter it:

14324C0C-433C-4387-AAA1-8C7F3FA458CC.jpeg

Whole Foods has some other brands of unfiltered apple juice in the cold section and there’s also Martinelli’s shelf-stable apple juice. If I’m not mistaken, they have an unfiltered Honeycrisp juice.

Oh, but if the quality of the minerals is most important, than wouldn't the cooking process damage some of them?
Rinse & Repeat stated that it destroys the Vit C.

From my understanding, minerals in food aren’t degraded by heat. It would degrade some of the vitamins like C but if you consume meat and dairy, you’re getting vitamin C (also in the oxidized form—dehydroascorbic acid) from those sources, as well.

OP
D

Dr. B

I don’t know if Kennesaw uses clarifying agents, no. The brand I get (Carlson Orchards) is unfiltered, yes. You can see in the photo below how cloudy it is. I use a coffee filter set over a ball jar to filter it:

View attachment 57374

Whole Foods has some other brands of unfiltered apple juice in the cold section and there’s also Martinelli’s shelf-stable apple juice. If I’m not mistaken, they have an unfiltered Honeycrisp juice.

From my understanding, minerals in food aren’t degraded by heat. It would degrade some of the vitamins like C but if you consume meat and dairy, you’re getting vitamin C (also in the oxidized form—dehydroascorbic acid) from those sources, as well.

So only apple juice is available unfiltered, not any other fruits? You mentioned fiber, so low fiber fruits and items are more likely to not have clarifying agents? Martinellis i think has many other products like an apple cider and maybe even other fruits… maybe their sparkling apple cider then? That was pretty good

Dont these other fruits not have the vitamin C of orange juice

Jennifer

So only apple juice is available unfiltered, not any other fruits? You mentioned fiber, so low fiber fruits and items are more likely to not have clarifying agents? Martinellis i think has many other products like an apple cider and maybe even other fruits… maybe their sparkling apple cider then? That was pretty good

Dont these other fruits not have the vitamin C of orange juice

There could be other fruit juices that are unfiltered, I just haven’t found any yet. Maybe Evolution Fresh? You could always contact Martinelli’s costumer service to find out? I would have to compare the fruit in the nutrition database to say for certain, but I think apples have less vitamin C than oranges, however, you consume all that dairy and keep in mind that when you log your diet in nutrition apps like cronometer, dehydroascorbic acid isn’t accounted for so even though it may look like animal proteins aren’t good sources of vitamin C, in reality, they are excellent sources per Ray:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L4r2SFi_E4&t=1424s

OP
D

Dr. B

There could be other fruit juices that are unfiltered, I just haven’t found any yet. Maybe Evolution Fresh? You could always contact Martinelli’s costumer service to find out? I would have to compare the fruit in the nutrition database to say for certain, but I think apples have less vitamin C than oranges, however, you consume all that dairy and keep in mind that when you log your diet in nutrition apps like cronometer, dehydroascorbic acid isn’t accounted for so even though it may look like animal proteins aren’t good sources of vitamin C, in reality, they are excellent sources per Ray:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L4r2SFi_E4&t=1424s

Oh yeah ive seen that brand and tried it.
I also found a watermelon juice organic which tasted really good. It was pricy for a small bottle but the taste was better than most fruit juices. This one was shelt stable and 100% watermelon juice unlike a couple other brands including evolution fresh i think mix it with lemon water or lime water.

Theres one called wtrmln water brand or something which was also good but it was a blend of filtered water, lime juice and watermelon juice

Jennifer

Oh yeah ive seen that brand and tried it.
I also found a watermelon juice organic which tasted really good. It was pricy for a small bottle but the taste was better than most fruit juices. This one was shelt stable and 100% watermelon juice unlike a couple other brands including evolution fresh i think mix it with lemon water or lime water.

Theres one called wtrmln water brand or something which was also good but it was a blend of filtered water, lime juice and watermelon juice

I used to drink wtrmln wtr, until I tried Trader Joe’s cold pressed watermelon juice and switched to drinking it instead. Unfortunately, it’s seasonal, but it’s really good. It’s not as good as the watermelons I was getting this year and juicing myself, but good for a bottled juice.

OP
D

Dr. B

I used to drink wtrmln wtr, until I tried Trader Joe’s cold pressed watermelon juice and switched to drinking it instead. Unfortunately, it’s seasonal, but it’s really good. It’s not as good as the watermelons I was getting this year and juicing myself, but good for a bottled juice.
There was a glass bottle organic water melon juice that you may like more. I cant remember the brand but it was like $6.99 for a 16 oz bottle or something so fairly pricy. Basically same as fresh pressed OJ. It was the only one ive seen that doesnt have water mixed in maybe besides evolution fresh

Jennifer

There was a glass bottle organic water melon juice that you may like more. I cant remember the brand but it was like $6.99 for a 16 oz bottle or something so fairly pricy. Basically same as fresh pressed OJ. It was the only one ive seen that doesnt have water mixed in maybe besides evolution fresh

The only other ones I know of are Pomona and IOS Love, but the Pomona has lemon juice added and the IOS Love is mixed with apple juice. There was one brand that Vitacost used to sell years ago that had a variety of 100% juices like honeydew melon and I’m almost certain watermelon, but I can’t remember the name and I haven’t come across it since. Trader Joe’s cold pressed watermelon juice is $2.99 for 12 oz so $6.99 for 16 oz is quite expensive. That would be equivalent to a $14 bottle of Lakewood juice. I only consume a cup or two of juice daily now—I like milk and honey water more—so I can drink with the seasons (lol) so fresh apple and pear juice in the colder months and honeydew melon and watermelon juice in the warmer months. As far as vitamin C goes, red pepper contains far more than oranges. It’s the naringenin that I think is most valuable in oranges, but we can get it from marmalade and even other plants like grapefruit—if I recall correctly, it contains more nargingenin than oranges—tomatoes, cocoa and Greek oregano.

OP
D

Dr. B

The only other ones I know of are Pomona and IOS Love, but the Pomona has lemon juice added and the IOS Love is mixed with apple juice. There was one brand that Vitacost used to sell years ago that had a variety of 100% juices like honeydew melon and I’m almost certain watermelon, but I can’t remember the name and I haven’t come across it since. Trader Joe’s cold pressed watermelon juice is $2.99 for 12 oz so $6.99 for 16 oz is quite expensive. That would be equivalent to a $14 bottle of Lakewood juice. I only consume a cup or two of juice daily now—I like milk and honey water more—so I can drink with the seasons (lol) so fresh apple and pear juice in the colder months and honeydew melon and watermelon juice in the warmer months. As far as vitamin C goes, red pepper contains far more than oranges. It’s the naringenin that I think is most valuable in oranges, but we can get it from marmalade and even other plants like grapefruit—if I recall correctly, it contains more nargingenin than oranges—tomatoes, cocoa and Greek oregano.

What about cocoa and oregano, they have more naringenin than orsnges too?

Jennifer

What about cocoa and oregano, they have more naringenin than orsnges too?

I haven’t found an amount but going by the source below, I would say it has less:

Source and occurrence of naringenin​

Naringenin is present in citrus fruits like grapefruits (115–384 mg/L), sour orange (> 100 mg/L), tart cherries, tomatoes (0.68 ± 0.16 mg/100 g), Greek oregano [59]. In smaller quantities it is also found in bergamot, cocoa, water mint, Drynaria, as well as in beans [60]. Primarily the source of flavonoids to human was dietary intake and these are present in nearly all citrus fruits but the concentration is different depending on the type and variety of the fruit, time of harvesting and environmental condition, e.g., Citrus aurantium (19.7 μg/mL) Citrus reticulata (3383.6 μg/mL) Citrus clementina (8.0 μg/mL) Citrus bergamia (22.3 μg/mL) Citrus paradisi(230.0 μg/mL) [17]. The solid tissues possess the highest concentration, whereas juice contains a fair amount of flavanones as well. Naringin(Naringenin-7-neohesperidoside) is the main flavonoids found in grapefruits, oranges, and low amount of naringenin are found in tomatoes as well. Naringenin was initially reported to be isolated from celery seeds, grapefruit leaves. The skin of tomato contains Naringenin-chalcone, converted to Naringenin during ketchup making process [61]. Naringenin is found as “Naringin” which is an inactive form and converted into “Naringenin” by intestinal bacteria [22]. Distribution of naringenin in different parts of fruit depends on the concentrations of biosynthesisenzymes. For example, in the Solanum lycopersicum peel, the level of chalcone synthesis and flavanone 3-hydroxylase gene expression is higher than the chalcone isomer, indicating the accumulation of the high amount of naringenin [62].

This source also states naringenin concentrations of various plants:

OP
D

Dr. B

What did you mean regarding the oregano tomatoes and cocoa here

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals