Juices - bottled vs fresh

Sweet Meat

I saw this one and the darkness of it did not look right to me.

hmm, prior to boiling, my juice can be dark or light depending on the potato but usually when it's boiled (i keep lid on so it doesn't evaporate too much) it just looks like vegetable broth with tiny noodles in it. it's never been black like that

after about 20mins of heat it turns into a big frothy mess but eventually that all disappears

hmm, prior to boiling, my juice can be dark or light depending on the potato but usually when it's boiled (i keep lid on so it doesn't evaporate too much) it just looks like vegetable broth with tiny noodles in it. it's never been black like that

after about 20mins of heat it turns into a big frothy mess but eventually that all disappears

Thanks for your input on the subject, cause I have been wanting to make some. I will experiment and see what happens :)

Sweet Meat

Thanks for your input on the subject, cause I have been wanting to make some. I will experiment and see what happens :)

happy cooking

if you find any decent combos in terms of flavour you should add them here. i'm really terrible at knowing what goes with what when it comes to taste, i just eat whatever curbs my cravings haha

happy cooking

if you find any decent combos in terms of flavour you should add them here. i'm really terrible at knowing what goes with what when it comes to taste, i just eat whatever curbs my cravings haha
I will! If you need more quick fruits & veggie ideas then check out my recipe thread with easy photo instructions. I have a "Easy Peaty Proteins" thread too!

Oh one more question! When you juice your potatoes are you using russets or the sweeter new and red potatoes?

Sweet Meat

Oh one more question! When you juice your potatoes are you using russets or the sweeter new and red potatoes?

when im juicing i mostly use maris piper or baby potatoes since they are available everywhere and cost nothing

i much prefer to use baby potatoes for cooking because they have less starch and digest more easily. i've also read that russet and red potatoes have a different type of starch and tend to turn lumpy rather than gooey, making them less versatile imo (though they are easier to skin cuz they tend to be huge).

i do get more juice from 2kg of maris piper than i do from 2kg of babies, but honestly the amount of juice you get relative to fruits is extremely low regardless

definitely sweet and golden over lumpy and red though, if i have the option

and thanks for the link to your recipe thread!

when im juicing i mostly use maris piper or baby potatoes since they are available everywhere and cost nothing

i much prefer to use baby potatoes for cooking because they have less starch and digest more easily. i've also read that russet and red potatoes have a different type of starch and tend to turn lumpy rather than gooey, making them less versatile imo (though they are easier to skin cuz they tend to be huge).

i do get more juice from 2kg of maris piper than i do from 2kg of babies, but honestly the amount of juice you get relative to fruits is extremely low regardless

definitely sweet and golden over lumpy and red though, if i have the option

and thanks for the link to your recipe thread!
Do you feel the potato juice is more energizing than the fruit juices. Ray peat says it is a powerful protein so i am wondering about the balancing of it?

Sweet Meat

Do you feel the potato juice is more energizing than the fruit juices. Ray peat says it is a powerful protein so i am wondering about the balancing of it?

it's more satiating, but it's hard to beat orange juice for energy

i'd compare it more to something like miso soup or noodles - you feel like you've got something solid in you, even though it's mostly liquid. in fact i'd say potato juice is more filling than milk, which tends to make me sleepy. potato juice doesn't slow me down at all and completely nukes any protein cravings i have

i've read that keto-acids can be used for anything once the body combines it with ammonia, ostensibly turning them into any/all potential amino-acids...so in theory it should be a perfect protein, since the body can use it whatever way it needs, without having to waste energy breaking them down first

it's more satiating, but it's hard to beat orange juice for energy

i'd compare it more to something like miso soup or noodles - you feel like you've got something solid in you, even though it's mostly liquid. in fact i'd say potato juice is more filling than milk, which tends to make me sleepy. potato juice doesn't slow me down at all and completely nukes any protein cravings i have

i've read that keto-acids can be used for anything once the body combines it with ammonia, ostensibly turning them into any/all potential amino-acids...so in theory it should be a perfect protein, since the body can use it whatever way it needs, without having to waste energy breaking them down first
Ok! You have armed me with some good info! I will sure return here and let you know how my experiment goes! Right now I only have russets, but I will get some for next week! Thank again!

Sweet Meat

Ok! You have armed me with some good info! I will sure return here and let you know how my experiment goes! Right now I only have russets, but I will get some for next week! Thank again!

nps

russets should juice just fine since 99.9% of the starch is removed if you let the juice sit for 30mins and strain it once or twice. the biggest issue is chopping up 2kg of potatoes to fit down that little chute haha

goodluck!

nps

russets should juice just fine since 99.9% of the starch is removed if you let the juice sit for 30mins and strain it once or twice. the biggest issue is chopping up 2kg of potatoes to fit down that little chute haha

goodluck!

Thanks! ?

Michael Mohn

I find organic grape juice is OKish and it's so convenient if you work to have a bottle of juice. I have a slow juicer and love fresh juice but there's also fruit that is more benifical as a whole fruit like cherries, pineapple, papaya, mango, chirimoya etc

I find organic grape juice is OKish and it's so convenient if you work to have a bottle of juice. I have a slow juicer and love fresh juice but there's also fruit that is more benifical as a whole fruit like cherries, pineapple, papaya, mango, chirimoya etc
Good point on the latter part of your statement, although I question pineapple is better whole.

LeeRoyJenkins

Appreciate you sharing. I can't tolerate store bought oj (gives me hives/rosacea) fresh squeezed on this morning and it was like an energy drink with no problems.

Appreciate you sharing. I can't tolerate store bought oj (gives me hives/rosacea) fresh squeezed on this morning and it was like an energy drink with no problems.
That is fantastic LeeRoy! I found that straining the pulp out makes it feel even better!

happy cooking

Hi Sweet Meat! I finally made the Potato Juice Scramble yesterday! It was pretty easy and very sweet and tasty. I think I will use it next time, along with chicken bone broth, to make an egg drop soup. Two pounds of potatoes didn't make much of a meal. I posted more details on page 8 of my "Easy Peaty Proteins" recipe thread.

Attachments

• 20210816_115722.jpg
    20210816_115722.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
K

Kayaker

what juicer do you recommend? i almost pulled the trigger on a norwalk or pure juicer…
Norwalk is now out of business.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals