How can I remove plastic particles from bottled plastic water - is it a lost cause ?

JamesGatz

I have been experimenting with a humidifier for the winter - I notice I breath a lot easier with the humidifier on but I run into the following dilemma (my house is warm due to central heating my family insists on having on) :

If I use plastic bottled water for the humidifier it becomes very estrogenic - I hadn't noticed how much plastic particles was in the water until I put it in the humidifier - is there a way to remove the plastic from the water? If I heat the water very hot and let it cool for example - do the plastic particles decrease to a reasonable extent or is this a lost cause ?

Using tap water is unfortunately not an option - My city's tap water is extremely compromised - I tested it once for my humidifier and immediately experienced heavy neurotoxic issues - I am open to buying a water filter but honestly my city's water is so contaminated I feel like it won't come close to removing everything

I feel like my only option is to make my house colder to retain humidity but my family refuses to compromise on this or to buy water from glass bottles - which is very expensive but I am open to doing it as a last resort - does anyone have experience removing plastic particles from plastic bottled water ?

relative_humidity.png

Last edited:

Ben.

Can't you buy the water in glass bottles?

RealNate made posts about good water filters if you want to check it out. If what the manufacturers promise is true, the amount of bad stuff filtered should fulfill the requirements you ask for? Can't remember how well they do with micro plastic.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Can't you buy the water in glass bottles?

RealNate made posts about good water filters if you want to check it out. If what the manufacturers promise is true, the amount of bad stuff filtered should fulfill the requirements you ask for? Can't remember how well they do with micro plastic.
Yea - that's what I am about to do but it's so expensive where I live - almost $5 for a decently sized glass water bottle!

Ok I am going to check let's see - if anything I think I will just go with water in glass bottles - I'm telling myself it's just for the winter for the next 3 months so maybe the money won't be that bad

Ben.

I have not but I am on their website currently - is there a specific model you recommend ?

It's just like RO. Read my article above to understand why I'm not a fan of RO (though it's still much better than tap). Until something better comes Ive recommended distilling with Pure Water Distillers for friends and family for years. I think low heat distillation is the future for better contamination control. I've also been intending to study and experiment with John Ellis machines.

Here is my interview with Pure and Secure, I've used them for over 7 years, all the "fancy" minerals and "structure" that can be added to it can be done for pennies on the dollar and doesn't justify a steep price hike like PristineHypebro loves to brag about.

Dr. Peat and I talk about distilled water on this podcast:

Nomane Euger

@JamesGatz « One encouraging sign is that Berkey’s can filter down to 0.1 micron or better (which is what gives it the ability to filter out tiny viruses). According to the study Rhonda linked3, 98.3% of the microplastics were between 0.1–5 mm – which is between 100-5,000 microns – more than big enough that the Berkey *should* filter them out. »read that in the past

Ismail

Have you thought about finding a natural water well near you and collecting your own water in glass bottles?

I remember coming across a website which shows water wells all over the world in Ben Greenfield’s book ‘Boundless’.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

@JamesGatz « One encouraging sign is that Berkey’s can filter down to 0.1 micron or better (which is what gives it the ability to filter out tiny viruses). According to the study Rhonda linked3, 98.3% of the microplastics were between 0.1–5 mm – which is between 100-5,000 microns – more than big enough that the Berkey *should* filter them out. »read that in the past
This is very interesting - I was wondering what the best water filters were for people on this forum - they do seem a little pricey but i dont mind paying if they are this good

This is very helpful thanks! Wasn't aware of this

Nomane Euger

This is very interesting - I was wondering what the best water filters were for people on this forum - they do seem a little pricey but i dont mind paying if they are this good

This is very helpful thanks! Wasn't aware of this
I can tell you that when the berkey filter I had was functioning well,I could drink water with out any negative,the moment the filter got dysfunctional and I didn’t réalise ,I got rash every single time I did drink water from it,even if it was bottled water,my sleep got worst and dream clarity too

xeliex

Forum Supporter

onesunnydaize

I use a water distiller. Works great and minimizes residue with prolonged use.

I store the water in a large glass dispenser (like a lemonade dispenser) and use PRN.

DC HOUSE 1 Gallon Countertop Water Distiller Stainless Steel Distiller with Glass Filter and Most Effective TDS Removal Amazon product ASIN B0855STRPKView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0855STRPK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_1K93THG90BM6BRD0VCR9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
+1 on the distiller. It's terrible water where I am and the distiller makes it close to 99% pure.

This is another great option, it is similar to Berkey. I've used this one for years now. It gets rid of flouride, as well. Even my dog started drinking more water once I got it!

I have been experimenting with a humidifier for the winter - I notice I breath a lot easier with the humidifier on but I run into the following dilemma (my house is warm due to central heating my family insists on having on) :

If I use plastic bottled water for the humidifier it becomes very estrogenic - I hadn't noticed how much plastic particles was in the water until I put it in the humidifier - is there a way to remove the plastic from the water? If I heat the water very hot and let it cool for example - do the plastic particles decrease to a reasonable extent or is this a lost cause ?

Using tap water is unfortunately not an option - My city's tap water is extremely compromised - I tested it once for my humidifier and immediately experienced heavy neurotoxic issues - I am open to buying a water filter but honestly my city's water is so contaminated I feel like it won't come close to removing everything

I feel like my only option is to make my house colder to retain humidity but my family refuses to compromise on this or to buy water from glass bottles - which is very expensive but I am open to doing it as a last resort - does anyone have experience removing plastic particles from plastic bottled water ?

View attachment 30947
Maybe a Berkey or this one that uses stones to fulter your water:

Amazon product ASIN B005P0FZFKView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P0FZFK/?tag=uswaterqly-20&th=1

Dutchie

That filter system seems to be the hype now here (Aqualine), bc it filters,mineralises and then vitalises the water.
The stones don't filter the water. There's a filter in the upper part,then it seeps through to the glass part where the stones are. The stones give off minerals to the water.

I've never had that water or know someone who does have that system, so I have no idea how well it filters. However the company's site says that it also filters out PF(O)AS/GenX.

Currently I've been looking into buying a good filter,bc my Brita is crap. I've been debating between getting a distiller or the above system.
What I dislike about the distiller is that the machine requires electricity to work. (I'm willing to take the no-minerals-inside leap).

“Feel confident drinking tap water anywhere you go with the ProSip Straw Filter

DESCRIPTION

Featuring New Propur® ECORE Water Purification Technology

Removes: Chlorine, Lead, Mercury, Aluminum, Hydrogen Sulphide, Arsenic, Cadmium, Barium, Fluoride, Giardia, E.Coli, algae, fungus, scale and sediment.

Anti-bacterial filter media.

Good for 5-8oz. glasses daily up to 4-6 months

BPA free

8" with mouthpiece/ 7" without mouthpiece

Now you can take a Propur® where ever you go with this portable ProSip fluoride water filter straw!“

Attachments

• 5CA952B8-2C69-4222-9CD9-710D34E897E9.png
    5CA952B8-2C69-4222-9CD9-710D34E897E9.png
    977 bytes · Views: 4
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals