Just how bad is plastic bottled water?

Sapien

Since buying and installing a RO filter is out of my budget atm, I drink distilled water from gallon jugs. Is this a better alternative to fluoridated tap water?

Any studies that show ppm of plastic in bottled water?

Would estrogen antagonists such as vitamin e, Gonadin reduce/eliminate estrogenicity of plastic exposure?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
The thickness of the plastic matters. In general the thinner the plastic the more it's expected to leach. A gallon jug is on the terrible side of the spectrum.
Those big bottles used in dispensers have plastic so thick, it might be a bit safer.

Vileplume

OP
Sapien

Sapien

The thickness of the plastic matters. In general the thinner the plastic the more it's expected to leach. A gallon jug is on the terrible side of the spectrum.
Those big bottles used in dispensers have plastic so thick, it might be a bit safer.
Good to know thanks. I’ll consider a switch to the thicker ones then

OP
Sapien

Sapien

I get concerned that those big jugs might be transported in trucks that travel long distances under the warm sun, warming up the plastic and making the leeching worse.

I use a water distiller like this one, which is pretty easy to use: Water Distiller 1.1 Gal. Distilled Water Maker 750 Watt Dual Temperature Displays Pure Water Distiller for Home, Silver
Wow very affordable. It filters flouride? How often do you have to replace the filter and how much are the replacements?

OP
Sapien

Sapien

I just found out you can fill up your own (glass) bottles at Primo stations at Walmart! No more flouride/ estrogen in my water Lfg :)

Vileplume

@AllHailHaidut The Primo stations sound like a great option.

And to answer your question about the countertop water distiller, they evaporate all the water and trap it, so nothing's actually filtered. When the water evaporates, it leaves all the minerals like fluoride in the basin, so you just need to clean it with hot water (and maybe a citric acid solution) every few weeks. Less than a few bucks per year to maintain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom