Tap Water Vs Plastic Bottled Water

axorr

Helo, so I've been drinking tap water for 4-5 months as to avoid the bottled water because of plastic dangers, however I`m not sure I`ve done the good decision.

What is your opinion ? does that water contain a lot of iron or dangerous metals ? because I suspect it caused me new grey hairs, or is it all in my mind ? tx

Dave Clark

Helo, so I've been drinking tap water for 4-5 months as to avoid the bottled water because of plastic dangers, however I`m not sure I`ve done the good decision.

What is your opinion ? does that water contain a lot of iron or dangerous metals ? because I suspect it caused me new grey hairs, or is it all in my mind ? tx
Depends om the source of your tap water, if it is municipal water, you can request an analysis of the water. If you are on a well, you would want to get your water tested at a lab, it could be high in iron, other hard minerals, and even coliform (bacteria). Regardless of source, if the piping in your house is copper piping, you would be consuming unwanted levels of inorganic copper which is not healthy, and could cause copper toxicity. The more acidic your water is, meaning below neutral 7, the better chance it has to leach copper from the pipes. One thing to do if you have copper pipes is to always run your water for a few minutes before consuming it, that way any water that layed still in the pipes, say overnite, has a longer contact time with the copper and can leach more into the water, by doing that you are drinking water straight from the water main. Also, if you are on municipal water, find out if they flouridate the water, if they do, don't drink it, flouride is toxic to the body. Frankly, anything out of the tap should be filtered, just to be safe.

Lowdose69

Municipal water utilities in the US are required to publish a consumer confidence report annually that lists everything in the drinking water. You can probably find it on your city's website. Here is a link to an EPA pdf on primary and secondary national drinking water standards. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2016-06/documents/npwdr_complete_table.pdf Primary is enforceable and secondary are recommended guidelines that may be enforceable if adopted at the state level. Iron is on the secondary list.

I recommend using a charcoal or RO filter on tap water to remove chlorine.

I've spent the last decade doing regulatory compliance for major water/wastewater utilities in the US. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

P

Peatness

G2O Water Technologies, a UK technology business, has managed to get its first commercial contract approved for the enhancement of water filtration membranes with graphene oxide.

Dr. B

Municipal water utilities in the US are required to publish a consumer confidence report annually that lists everything in the drinking water. You can probably find it on your city's website. Here is a link to an EPA pdf on primary and secondary national drinking water standards. https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2016-06/documents/npwdr_complete_table.pdf Primary is enforceable and secondary are recommended guidelines that may be enforceable if adopted at the state level. Iron is on the secondary list.

I recommend using a charcoal or RO filter on tap water to remove chlorine.

I've spent the last decade doing regulatory compliance for major water/wastewater utilities in the US. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

mate ive heard chlorine evaporates pretty quickly, like in 24 hours so it can be dealt with by just not drinking fresh tap water but bottling it
the much bigger concerns are the fluoride and all other hormones and toxins in tap water... the metals like copper possibly cadmium and more from the pipes and everything... but the fluoride alone is really bad