Hidden Nasties In Our Food

Dr. B

It is on the back of my bottle. Here I took a pic.
how big are the capsules
usually it should say ascorbic acid from oranges, beta carotene from carrots... the way theyve worded it makes it seem maybe those are the sources of the vitamins, or its the vitamin plus an extract of the fruit

OP
Rinse & rePeat
how big are the capsules
usually it should say ascorbic acid from oranges, beta carotene from carrots... the way theyve worded it makes it seem maybe those are the sources of the vitamins, or its the vitamin plus an extract of the fruit
Yeah I think it sounds like a "plus" thing. They are like a big compact horse pill. I hadn't noticed the "with orange" part. I thought was from oranges.

Eberhardt

interesting never heard of. But it wasnt really a nasty since it was harmless?? and not toxic or chemical if I got it right

OP
Rinse & rePeat
interesting never heard of. But it wasnt really a nasty since it was harmless?? and not toxic or chemical if I got it right
Eberhardt! ? For me nasty is just disgust like Castoreum, not necessarily harmful. I don't know how one could enjoy a cup of coffee knowing the potato taste is from stink bugs or eetle infestations. I have tasted that before and I would rather have a cleaner cup of coffee.

Eberhardt

Eberhardt! ? For me nasty is just disgust like Castoreum, not necessarily harmful. I don't know how one could enjoy a cup of coffee knowing the potato taste is from stink bugs or eetle infestations. I have tasted that before and I would rather have a cleaner cup of coffee.
Fair enough!! haha I see!! I agree also its not something I enjoy . as when sloe bug /hairy shield bug(9 Disgusting Things You Didn't Know You've Been Eating Your Whole Life) has been spraying on the strawberries . Here they are called "berry-farters" :depressed:! Is that the same as stink bugs by the way?? maybe I just dont know the slangwords for these things!

Eberhardt

Fair enough!! haha I see!! I agree also its not something I enjoy . as when sloe bug /hairy shield bug(9 Disgusting Things You Didn't Know You've Been Eating Your Whole Life) has been spraying on the strawberries . Here they are called "berry-farters" :depressed:! Is that the same as stink bugs by the way?? maybe I just dont know the slangwords for these things!
I cant edit my post so I'll repost: Fair enough!! haha I see!! I agree also its not something I enjoy . as when sloe bug /hairy shield bug(Dolycoris baccarum) has been spraying on the strawberries . Here they are called "berry-farters" :depressed:! Is that the same as stink bugs by the way?? maybe I just dont know the slangwords for these things!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You're funny! Yeah I hate the taste of cow liver, but I can eat it much easier than my mental blocks of the thought of eating certain foods like anal sacks secretions or bug infestation secretions. Eating eyeball is on that list too. ?

Eberhardt

You're funny! Yeah I hate the taste of cow liver, but I can eat it much easier than my mental blocks of the thought of eating certain foods like anal sacks secretions or bug infestation secretions. Eating eyeball is on that list too. ?
Haha thats fantastic. I struggle with sheeps head. Tried ones but the raw flayed head lying in my sink looking at me wasnt making me very hungry so I ended up throwing it. They sell it for Christmas. I definitely do not recomend eating gills! But I prefer discusting things to poisonous chemicals and platics

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Haha thats fantastic. I struggle with sheeps head. Tried ones but the raw flayed head lying in my sink looking at me wasnt making me very hungry so I ended up throwing it. They sell it for Christmas. I definitely do not recomend eating gills! But I prefer discusting things to poisonous chemicals and platics

Oh gosh that is awful, a sheep head in your your sink! There is a place around us that sells cabeza, cow head meat, I thought to try it the other day, but I wondered if the eyeballs are cooked in it too and didn't find anything on the internet sbout that so I didn't order it. I like to order the meat from taco places to use in eggs and such. What was with the gills?

Eberhardt

Oh gosh that is awful, a sheep head in your your sink! There is a place around us that sells cabeza, cow head meat, I thought to try it the other day, but I wondered if the eyeballs are cooked in it too and didn't find anything on the internet sbout that so I didn't order it. I like to order the meat from taco places to use in eggs and such. What was with the gills?
Haha. Well this is the nasty-thread. Cow heads meat I sont know much but sounds nice. Does it matter ifbits in there as long as you dont see it? I dont mind eyes that much..my grandfather though always asked to get the fishheads after familyfishdinners as he liked sucking out the eyeballs and I remember taht I found my otherwise not gross grandad gross doing that. About the gills.. they taste like vinegar and urea. Made a bet once :nailbiting:

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Haha. Well this is the nasty-thread. Cow heads meat I sont know much but sounds nice. Does it matter ifbits in there as long as you dont see it? I dont mind eyes that much..my grandfather though always asked to get the fishheads after familyfishdinners as he liked sucking out the eyeballs and I remember taht I found my otherwise not gross grandad gross doing that. About the gills.. they taste like vinegar and urea. Made a bet once :nailbiting:
I know eyeballs have zinc. Funny when I would go to restaurants and order my usual "whole fish" I would ask them to bring to me with the head off. Of course that was before i found Ray Peat when the type of fish didn't matter so much. Now I would definetly, do like your grandfather, and take those fish heads home for a good thyroid soup, except now I would ask them to pack it for me without the eyeballs. I don't know if you saw my ice cream thread, but I said I couldn't make chicken foot soup because the couple of times I did the visual of all those talons floating up out of the pot ruined the soup for me. Funny though I can eat cricket. Crunchy seems more tolerable than gooey insides and other mushy things. Lately I find it difficult it even difficult having a soup that I didn't make. It is too much of a mystery. Before all this Covid stuff I always ordered just a steak with maybe some sauteed onions or some steamed seafood. I am leary of what might be lurking when a stranger has made my food, or even what might have made it's way in, if you know what I mean. What is happening to me?!!! ?

Eberhardt

I know eyeballs have zinc. Funny when I would go to restaurants and order my usual "whole fish" I would ask them to bring to me with the head off. Of course that was before i found Ray Peat when the type of fish didn't matter so much. Now I would definetly, do like your grandfather, and take those fish heads home for a good thyroid soup, except now I would ask them to pack it for me without the eyeballs. I don't know if you saw my ice cream thread, but I said I couldn't make chicken foot soup because the couple of times I did the visual of all those talons floating up out of the pot ruined the soup for me. Funny though I can eat cricket. Crunchy seems more tolerable than gooey insides and other mushy things. Lately I find it difficult it even difficult having a soup that I didn't make. It is too much of a mystery. Before all this Covid stuff I always ordered just a steak with maybe some sauteed onions or some steamed seafood. I am leary of what might be lurking when a stranger has made my food, or even what might have made it's way in, if you know what I mean. What is happening to me?!!! ?
Haha. Sorry I start smiling from your posts. I can see the talonthing! It feels like...nail clippings ;) I thinkbhumans are naturallybattracted to crunchy. Candyproducers are consciously working in achieving it to sell. Noone know why, but its speculated it is due to hundreds of thousands of years of eating things like... crickets :D I order the same at restaurants its the only reasonable thing to so. But then I discovered meatglue ugh. I think only one of the chains here use it though. On whatvis happening to you. Maybe u just dont need those things and your body lets u know ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Haha. Sorry I start smiling from your posts. I can see the talonthing! It feels like...nail clippings ;) I thinkbhumans are naturallybattracted to crunchy. Candyproducers are consciously working in achieving it to sell. Noone know why, but its speculated it is due to hundreds of thousands of years of eating things like... crickets :D I order the same at restaurants its the only reasonable thing to so. But then I discovered meatglue ugh. I think only one of the chains here use it though. On whatvis happening to you. Maybe u just dont need those things and your body lets u know ?
Oh the meat glue, you mean "pink slime"?

View: https://youtu.be/YjGXVqDULVg

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 20210721_100535.jpg
    20210721_100535.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210721_100603.jpg
    20210721_100603.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210721_100620.jpg
    20210721_100620.jpg