Unfortunately, Diet Does Matter

PotatoKing

I ate Oreo‘s, a protein bar and lots of Haribo‘s yesterday and feel like total ***t gut- wise today.

My bowel movements were also bad.

How good could life have been, if we could’ve just ate whatever tasty food we wanted to?
Imagine eating McDonald‘s, Soda and Ice Cream daily with zero digestive issues.

You can’t change the rules of nature, can you..

What foods NEVER make you feel bad?

LadyRae

Scrambled eggs and sauteed veggies like potato, onion, and bell pepper all inside a corn tortilla

philalethes

Just ate 200 grams of dried dates; tastes infinitely better than gummy bears, is infinitely more nutritious, and infinitely better for digestion too.

OP
PotatoKing

PotatoKing

Just ate 200 grams of dried dates; tastes infinitely better than gummy bears, is infinitely more nutritious, and infinitely better for digestion too.
You JUST ate them?
Be patient, friend. Dates wreck havoc in my digestion couple hours later. Can’t eat anything the next day after indulging in those the evening before.

But don’t let this scare you. You’ll digest them fine.

OP
PotatoKing

PotatoKing

A bowl of well cooked vegetables. Fruits, meat, dairy and starches all have their weak moments, but veggies have never betrayed me.
Interesting. You’d expect it to be the opposite, especially after all the negatives that are being mentioned in regards to vegetables.

TheSir

Interesting. You’d expect it to be the opposite, especially after all the negatives that are being mentioned in regards to vegetables.
By the time they are soft, most of the downsides have vanished. The end product is like sugary mineral substrate.

philalethes

You JUST ate them?
Be patient, friend. Dates wreck havoc in my digestion couple hours later. Can’t eat anything the next day after indulging in those the evening before.

But don’t let this scare you. You’ll digest them fine.

Yes, I ate them just when I posted that. I do this all the time; sometimes I eat even more, and I've eaten half a kilogram in a single sitting before. If dates wreak havoc on your digestion I'd start to suspect some serious underlying gut issues. Try rehydrating them in water for 8-16 hours before eating them depending on the type of date and see if that helps, but also make sure it's decent quality dates.

Dates are meant to be fantastic for digestion, and known to have several benefits in that regard, including but not limited to measurably better colon health, constipation relief/increased gut motility, and antibacterial and antifungal qualities. I personally experience all of this very noticeably. And best of all: they are chock full of sugar and taste better than practically any candy (although if I were to compare them to the artificial candy made by e.g. Haribo, I'd say they taste more like the cola bottles than gummies, probably mostly owing to some aromatics that are reminiscent of cinnamon).

By the time they are soft, most of the downsides have vanished. The end product is like sugary mineral substrate.

Can't say I mind a great vegetable stew where everything falls apart and comes together beautifully. I'd have to agree that while other food groups can potentially be treacherous (only on rare occasions for fruit in my experience, if the fruit is of decent quality at least), well-cooked vegetables have hardly ever posed any problem for me; in fact, I can't remember the last time they gave me any trouble at all.

Last edited:
OP
PotatoKing

PotatoKing

Yes, I ate them just when I posted that. I do this all the time; sometimes I eat even more, and I've eaten half a kilogram in a single sitting before. If dates wreak havoc on your digestion I'd start to suspect some serious underlying gut issues. Try rehydrating them in water for 8-16 hours before eating them depending on the type of date and see if that helps, but also make sure it's decent quality dates.

Dates are meant to be fantastic for digestion, and known to have several benefits in that regard, including but not limited to measurably better colon health, constipation relief/increased gut motility, and antibacterial and antifungal qualities. I personally experience all of this very noticeably. And best of all: they are chock full of sugar and taste better than practically any candy (although if I were to compare them to the artificial candy made by e.g. Haribo, I'd say they taste more like the cola bottles than gummies, probably mostly owing to some aromatics that are reminiscent of cinnamon).
Nice.
What type of dates do you like the best?
Medjoul etc.

philalethes

Nice.
What type of dates do you like the best?
Medjoul etc.

I greatly enjoy a variety, but if I had to pick some favorites I'd say I like Mazafati and Deglet Nour the best. Sukkary dates have also been great the times I've eaten them, but I rarely see them around where I usually buy dates. Also worth mentioning might be that that I virtually only ever buy dates that are imported from the MENA region, that might not be as easily accessible for everyone, but in many places it should be possible to find stores that have them.

Jennifer

Raw A2 milk
Raw A2 cheese
Scallops
Raw coconut water
Fresh pressed honeydew melon juice
Overripe bananas
Peeled dates

michael94

A bowl of well cooked vegetables. Fruits, meat, dairy and starches all have their weak moments, but veggies have never betrayed me.
Yep. I like my cruciferous vegetables personally. I think Sulfur is awesome ..

LadyRae

Yep. I like my cruciferous vegetables personally. I think Sulfur is awesome ..
I simmer a couple cups of riced cauliflower on the stove with some cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt, milk and a little sweetener and it's kind of like oatmeal!

VonKeister

honey, coconut fat, boiled mushrooms, cooked summer squashes, raw carrots, citrus fruits, chili peppers and watermelons never caused me issues so far.
all animal protein except bacterial cheese digests perfectly fine too but can cause bacterial growth if my gut/thyroid is severely compromised.
starches, grains and vegetables need a perfectly functioning gut to digest properly in my case. even a single high pufa meal can interfere with their digestion. jerking off daily also hurts my digestion for some reason. i need to control myself or supplement zinc if i want to eat starches and vegetables without problems

Regina

I ate Oreo‘s, a protein bar and lots of Haribo‘s yesterday and feel like total ***t gut- wise today.

My bowel movements were also bad.

How good could life have been, if we could’ve just ate whatever tasty food we wanted to?
Imagine eating McDonald‘s, Soda and Ice Cream daily with zero digestive issues.

You can’t change the rules of nature, can you..

We had fresh shucked oysters earlier today and remarked how bright and energetic we felt afterward.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals