Salvestrols, Nutrients Missing In Our Food, Activate Enzyme Found Only In Cancer Cells For Apoptosis

TreasureVibe

CYP1B1 is an enzyme that is only found in cancer cells according to research. It gets activated by salvestrols, a group of nutrients found in crops, fruit and plants. Activating this enzyme induces apoptosis of the cancer cell. It is not found in normal cells.

Salvestrols are a part of the natural occurring substances crops, fruit and plants produce to ward off attacks from the outside like fungus, viruses and bacteria among more.

They are often typified by the bitter flavor they add to foods they are in.

Salvestrols are almost non-existent in our crops, fruits and plants, due to pesticides like glyphosate. Pesticides protect the crop, fruit or plant, causing it to stop producing salvestrols. Salvestrols used to be in our food before these chemical techniques were used in farms.

CYP1B1 is implicated in phase 1 liver detox for estrogen, and converts estrogen in its carcinogenic form. CYP1B1 is a Cytochrome P450 enzyme.

Salvestrols inhibit tyrosine kinase.

Organic grown foods still have these nutrients in them, whilst regular grown foods do not. Organic apples and organic blueberries are full of salvestrols for example while regular grown apples and blueberries are not. Our diet is subsequently deficient in salvestrols.

A lot of research has been done on salvestrols by universities worldwide.

The works among more of professor Dan Burke and professor Gerry Potter.

A lot of case studies can be found online that showed complete disappearance of cancer in patients with different types of cancer.

An example of such case studies:
Case studies with salvestrol treatment - 2007 (English) 5 cancer patients | Stichting OrthoKennis

6 videos:

Entrepreneur Kevin Coyne on Salvestrols - Nature's Defence Against Cancer

This last video about an entrepreneur named Kevin Coyne, is among more about his mom who had ovarian cancer and who, without any hope, used salvestrols, which after had her tumors disappeared on a scan.

More very interesting videos can be found on salvestrols on youtube.

In short, salvestrols, a group part of a plant's defensive substances against attacks from the outside like fungus, induce apoptosis in cancer cells through an enzyme called CYP1B1 which is only present in cancer cells and not normal cells. They used to be present in our foods until modern agriculture techniques were implemented.

What do you think of this? -

Asking among more the following users:

@haidut @Amazoniac @Inaut @Obi-wan

Last edited:

olive

Interestingly sulforaphane, a similar plant defence compound with anti-cancer effects inhibits this enzyme.

shine

Why do you say that it activates the enzyme but also that the enzyme turns estrogen into its carcinogenic form? That would make the compound carcinogenic.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Why do you say that it activates the enzyme but also that the enzyme turns estrogen into its carcinogenic form? That would make the compound carcinogenic.
I'm quoting the CYP1B1 video which states that 17beta-estradiol is oxidized to 4-hydroxy derivative by CYP1B1. 4-hydroxy is carcinogenic according to the video.

I'm not completely sure on the implication of salvestrols in this regard, and whether "activate" is the right word for its interaction with the enzyme, but it is worth mentioning to say that CYP1B1 oxidizes an estrogen to its carcinogenic form. I've just came across salvestrols so maybe someone else could examine the subject more to see what the implication of it is. If the word appears to be out of order, I could request a moderator to change the title.

Quote from an article on the subject suggesting the enzyme's carcinogenic effect is not relevant:

Enzyme only in tumour cells

What is remarkable about the discovered CYP1B1 protein, is that it can only be found in (human) cancer cells, not in healthy tissue cells.[1-4] Healthy tissue cells do contain the gene for CYP1B1, but under normal circumstances this gene does not appear to come to expression, or only scarcely does so. In-vitro research has shown that CYP1B1 can activate (pro)carcinogens. However, CYP1B1 is unlikely to play an important role in the development of cancer, because the enzyme is not active in normal cells. [5] Burke’s research group found the CYP1B1 protein in all the possible types of human tumour cell lines. The extreme over-expression of CYP1B1 enzyme is a common characteristic of all forms of cancer that occur in humans.[1,5] The inducible CYP1B1 protein may be able to be used in the future as a diagnostic tumour marker to detect earlystage cancer.[2,5]

Professor Burke suspects that the CYP1B1 gene is ‘switched on’ in a mutated body cell in order to allow the tumour cell to be selectively removed (tumour suppressor gene).

Source: Bitter is better, an introduction to salvestrols (English) | Stichting OrthoKennis

working-mechanism-of-salvestrols.jpg

Last edited:

shine

I read an article that stated that in plants salvestrols are being formed or activated as a response to CYP1B1. My guess is that pathogens get into the plants/cells, this stress will activate CYP1B1, the plant produces salvestrols as a response, which will then cause the cell to go into apoptosis.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

I read an article that stated that in plants salvestrols are being formed or activated as a response to CYP1B1. My guess is that pathogens get into the plants/cells, this stress will activate CYP1B1, the plant produces salvestrols as a response, which will then cause the cell to go into apoptosis.
2 more good quotes on this:

The action of CYP1B1 is frequently regarded as procarcinogenic, and the list of carcinogens known to be activated by this enzyme is long.4 However, the substrates CYP1B1 activates to carcinogens are mainly manmade chemicals. This is a complex problem because once cells have been transformed and overexpress CYP1B1, the ability of this enzyme to generate substances capable of inflicting genetic damage in already cancerous cells through the metabolism of exogenous manmade chemicals can be viewed as either irrelevant or potentially beneficial. To quote Potter et al, “it does not matter if carcinogens are activated in cancer cells since they are already cancerous.”5

If it turns out to be true that the procarcinogenic aspects of this enzyme are not as significant as the anticancer activity, except perhaps in special cases such as smokers, then the current view that appears to downplay or ignore the beneficial role of CYP1B1 discourages the pursuit of a potentially fruitful line of investigation related to the unusual properties of this enzyme. An enzyme overexpressed in tumors that can metabolize phytochemicals from food and as well certain synthetic chemicals to produce localized cytotoxicity perhaps deserves a much higher level of interest than it currently appears to receive.2 Recognition of the potential importance of this beneficial aspect requires careful assessment of proposals to inhibit or inactivate the CYP1B1 enzyme for purposes of either primary or secondary prevention. Nevertheless, the development of aromatase inhibitors for the treatment of breast cancer has been described as representing the paradigm of success for P450 CYP inhibition in cancer therapy.8

Source: The Role of Salvestrols in the Prevention and Treatment of Cancer Article in Integrative Cancer Therapies, March 2009 | Stichting OrthoKennis

The role of salvestrols in human biology in regards to diet is certainly interesting as it appears that it used to be in our foods before pesticides were used. Another source I read said that broccoli converts the carcinogenic estrogen back into its safe form again, so maybe salvestrols are supposed to be taken in combination with other nutrients in food? This is pretty logical from a dietary standpoint. An estrogen lowering drug or supplement could easily prevent or decrease conversion of estrogen into a carcinogenic estrogen.

News article from New Zealand on users who say it works for them:
Salvestrols cancer treatment: Mum-cologists and the burger man

Salvestrols are a specific group of phytoalexins:

Phytoalexin - Wikipedia

I like this description of them, taken from a book on them by Brian Schaefer:

Salvestrols are a new class of natural compounds that have a pharmacological definition rather than a chemical definition. They are defined by the action of the metabolites produced when they are metabolised by the CYP1B1 enzyme in cancer cells. Simply put, salvestrols are food-based compounds that are metabolised by CYP1B1 to produce metabolites that are anticancer agents. These anticancer agents suppress tumour growth by killing the cancer cells. Salvestrols provide an explanation of the link between diet and cancer and between fruit and vegetable consumption and lower cancer incidence.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

CYP1B1 is an enzyme that is only found in cancer cells according to research. It gets activated by salvestrols, a group of nutrients found in crops, fruit and plants. Activating this enzyme induces apoptosis of the cancer cell. It is not found in normal cells.

Salvestrols are a part of the natural occurring substances crops, fruit and plants produce to ward off attacks from the outside like fungus, viruses and bacteria among more.

They are often typified by the bitter flavor they add to foods they are in.

Salvestrols are almost non-existent in our crops, fruits and plants, due to pesticides like glyphosate. Pesticides protect the crop, fruit or plant, causing it to stop producing salvestrols. Salvestrols used to be in our food before these chemical techniques were used in farms.

CYP1B1 is implicated in phase 1 liver detox for estrogen, and converts estrogen in its carcinogenic form. CYP1B1 is a Cytochrome P450 enzyme.

Salvestrols inhibit tyrosine kinase.

Organic grown foods still have these nutrients in them, whilst regular grown foods do not. Organic apples and organic blueberries are full of salvestrols for example while regular grown apples and blueberries are not. Our diet is subsequently deficient in salvestrols.

A lot of research has been done on salvestrols by universities worldwide.

The works among more of professor Dan Burke and professor Gerry Potter.

A lot of case studies can be found online that showed complete disappearance of cancer in patients with different types of cancer.

An example of such case studies:
Case studies with salvestrol treatment - 2007 (English) 5 cancer patients | Stichting OrthoKennis

6 videos:

Entrepreneur Kevin Coyne on Salvestrols - Nature's Defence Against Cancer

This last video about an entrepreneur named Kevin Coyne, is among more about his mom who had ovarian cancer and who, without any hope, used salvestrols, which after had her tumors disappeared on a scan.

More very interesting videos can be found on salvestrols on youtube.

In short, salvestrols, a group part of a plant's defensive substances against attacks from the outside like fungus, induce apoptosis in cancer cells through an enzyme called CYP1B1 which is only present in cancer cells and not normal cells. They used to be present in our foods until modern agriculture techniques were implemented.

What do you think of this? -

Asking among more the following users:

@haidut @Amazoniac @Inaut @Obi-wan

So, video two says caffeine raised estrogen 70 %, and to stay away from coffee, chocolate, tea, etc. Doesn't sound very Peaty to me.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

So, video two says caffeine raised estrogen 70 %, and to stay away from coffee, chocolate, tea, etc. Doesn't sound very Peaty to me.
I heard that in that video, just want to note though that that video uploader has nothing to do with salvestrols, and has no affiliation with the research behind salvestrols. But it is an interesting point of discussion.

Phoenix

The website for a bottle of Salvestrol Platinum states that you should avoid juicing and CBD while using Salvestrols. Does this mean that Gerson juicing of carrots and greens would counter the positive effect?

SonOfEurope

Exactly, everything withing context but I still find this very interesting a topic, I often snack on blueberries mid-day and that's how I found the thread.

Caffeine can only increase estrogen in the context of a glycogen depleted liver or a stressed ketogenic state with deficient calories, not enough energy for the caffeine's healthy stimulation > Cortisol release > adrenal Estrogen increase.

In the context of harmonious intake with enough calories for structure, caffeine is actually the most powerful E2 inhibitor you could have in daily life next to Aspirin and cholesterol, it is molecularly similar to progesterone, helps the liver detox pathways, stimulates the brain in positive progestogenic ways etc, in presence of adequate thiamine.

Last edited: