INGREDIENTS CHECKER - Help Please!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It is oil derived from seeds. This equals seed oil. Seed oil is PUFA. I have no idea which of these two is worse than the other one.

There are a lot of opinions posted on this forum that have nothing to do with Ray Peat's knowledge, posted by people who have never bothered to read Ray Peat's articles. It is dangerous to follow advice found here without doing your own research.

These two search engines make research for Ray Peat's knowledge easy:
for written articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless use the search cell on the left.
for audio interviews: Bioenergetic Search

Oh I am so glad to hear someone feel like that. I do my own Ray Peat research because I really don't know who really subscribes to Ray Peat on this forum. So I really appreciate you saying that. I read Ray Peat articles daily. I just was not going to subscribe to the wheat germ thing and wondered about this rice bran oil since I never heard him talk about it anywhere. I am definetly bookmarking checking your link!

mostlylurking

Oh I am so glad to hear someone feel like that. I do my own Ray Peat research because I really don't know who really subscribes to Ray Peat on this forum. So I really appreciate you saying that. I read Ray Peat articles daily. I just was not going to subscribe to the wheat germ thing and wondered about this rice bran oil since I never heard him talk about it anywhere. I am definetly bookmarking checking your link!
thanks.

I'm going off topic now and give you my new liver recipe.

for one serving:
1/2 large cippolini onion (or other very mild onion), sliced thin
some coconut oil
about 1/8 cup red port wine (I use Taylor brand)
1 piece of liver, ideally cut 1/4" thick. I use Skylark brand frozen liver, individually wrapped in plastic

Thaw out the liver in some warm water for maybe 5-6 minutes. Slice open the plastic bag and pour it into some milk and soak it for at least 10-15 minutes. If your liver is not great quality, soak it in milk in the refrigerator for an hour.
Saute the onions in some coconut oil on low, covered, for about 7-8 minutes.
Uncover, pour on 1/8 cup port wine. Cook on low, uncovered, for about 20 minutes. Don't burn it.
In a second pan, heat a little coconut oil on medium-medium high heat. Carefully get the liver out of the milk and spread it out in the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side. Put on a warmed plate. Salt lightly. Cover with the cooked onions and sauce. Put 1-2 tablespoons of Parmigiano Reggiano grated cheese on top.

It's really good!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
thanks.

I'm going off topic now and give you my new liver recipe.

for one serving:
1/2 large cippolini onion (or other very mild onion), sliced thin
some coconut oil
about 1/8 cup red port wine (I use Taylor brand)
1 piece of liver, ideally cut 1/4" thick. I use Skylark brand frozen liver, individually wrapped in plastic

Thaw out the liver in some warm water for maybe 5-6 minutes. Slice open the plastic bag and pour it into some milk and soak it for at least 10-15 minutes. If your liver is not great quality, soak it in milk in the refrigerator for an hour.
Saute the onions in some coconut oil on low, covered, for about 7-8 minutes.
Uncover, pour on 1/8 cup port wine. Cook on low, uncovered, for about 20 minutes. Don't burn it.
In a second pan, heat a little coconut oil on medium-medium high heat. Carefully get the liver out of the milk and spread it out in the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side. Put on a warmed plate. Salt lightly. Cover with the cooked onions and sauce. Put 1-2 tablespoons of Parmigiano Reggiano grated cheese on top.

It's really good!

I soak my fresh defrosted liver in milk for a couple of hours before fryingbor making liver pate, but I haven't used port wine in mine before. I am not sure I could use wine since grapes give me me earaches. I may still give it a go though! I will let you know. I do have port wine. I have been getting my liver via braunschweiger from Grasslandbeef.com and used up the last of mine last week and didn't reorder thinking I might go back to fresh liver again now. Thanks for your recipe!

mostlylurking

I soak my fresh defrosted liver in milk for a couple of hours before fryingbor making liver pate, but I haven't used port wine in mine before. I am not sure I could use wine since grapes give me me earaches. I may still give it a go though! I will let you know. I do have port wine. I have been getting my liver via braunschweiger from Grasslandbeef.com and used up the last of mine last week and didn't reorder thinking I might go back to fresh liver again now. Thanks for your recipe!
you're welcome. I can't tolerate red wine, it has always made me throw up (on one glass). But I can tolerate using Port wine this way. All the alcohol evaporates off.

I'll go check out the braunschweiger at grasslandbeef. Thanks!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
you're welcome. I can't tolerate red wine, it has always made me throw up (on one glass). But I can tolerate using Port wine this way. All the alcohol evaporates off.

I'll go check out the braunschweiger at grasslandbeef. Thanks!

Their braunschwaeger is really tasty! I eat it just defrosted or fry it in a little ghee till just not pink and make this Tostada with it. I could eat one everyday!

Attachments

• 20210819_150856.jpg
    20210819_150856.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 17
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Can Ray Peater's weigh in on this deodorant please! I bought it for my dad.

Attachments

• 20211008_153640.jpg
    20211008_153640.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20211008_153628.jpg
    20211008_153628.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 19

mostlylurking

It looks OK to me.

I just use some baking soda dissolved in water. I put it in a vinegar bottle with a little shaker top to dispense it a few drops at a time.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It looks OK to me.

I just use some baking soda dissolved in water. I put it in a vinegar bottle with a little shaker top to dispense it a few drops at a time.

Oh good! I bought it for my dad, trying to get him away from aluminum, as he has Alzheimers. I personally use Milk of Magnesia. It works great, but I have to let it sit for days to thicken it into a cream so it isn't watery and messy. My dad would not do that. I am glad to hear I picked a good one! Thank you so much for puting my mind at ease!

mostlylurking

Oh good! I bought it for my dad, trying to get him away from aluminum, as he has Alzheimers. I personally use Milk of Magnesia. It works great, but I have to let it sit for days to thicken it into a cream so it isn't watery and messy. My dad would not do that. I am glad to hear I picked a good one! Thank you so much for puting my mind at ease!
you're welcome. My father had Alzheimer's; it was tough. There's some information on the forum about the connection of Alzheimer's and aluminum. There seems to be a connection of Alzheimer's with thiamine deficiency also. Tying these two ideas together is that heavy metals block thiamine function.

I just started a book about Alzheimer's and aluminum, Prevent Alzheimer's, Autism and Stroke by Dennis Crouse (PhD in Chemistry from Harvard). It's well written and technical which I think is a big plus. The back of the book says, "Specific steps are given for preventing and reversing these diseases".

Here's a couple of links to forum threads you might find of interest:

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
you're welcome. My father had Alzheimer's; it was tough. There's some information on the forum about the connection of Alzheimer's and aluminum. There seems to be a connection of Alzheimer's with thiamine deficiency also. Tying these two ideas together is that heavy metals block thiamine function.

I just started a book about Alzheimer's and aluminum, Prevent Alzheimer's, Autism and Stroke by Dennis Crouse (PhD in Chemistry from Harvard). It's well written and technical which I think is a big plus. The back of the book says, "Specific steps are given for preventing and reversing these diseases".

It is a hard disease to have to watch. My dad is so different now, being so fussy and sometimes childlike, when he was such an admired athlete, competite diver and "man's man" his whole life. The biggest contributor in my father's condition is wheat. When he is with me, for months he doesn't even have any memory issues, because I don't let him eat wheat. A plate of deep fried fish tacos puts him in a trance that takes days to get him back out of. He just wont give them up, and being he lives with his girlfriend an hour away, i can do nothing to help anymore. The saying "If you have disease you ate it" really applies in his case.

mostlylurking

It is a hard disease to have to watch. My dad is so different now, being so fussy and sometimes childlike, when he was such an admired athlete, competite diver and "man's man" his whole life. The biggest contributor in my father's condition is wheat. When he is with me, for months he doesn't even have any memory issues, because I don't let him eat wheat. A plate of deep fried fish tacos puts him in a trance that takes days to get him back out of. He just wont give them up, and being he lives with his girlfriend an hour away, i can do nothing to help anymore. The saying "If you have disease you ate it" really applies in his case.
Hang in there. Some simple things could be helpful. You could try getting him to drink Fiji bottled water, for example. It is high in silicon. You could also try to get him to take some thiamine. My father first started having serious mental decline after getting food poisoning and taking an antibiotic for it that I think blocked his thiamine function.

here's an article: Cognitive Testing Post Adverse Reaction: A Lost Opportunity- Hormones Matter

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Hang in there. Some simple things could be helpful. You could try getting him to drink Fiji bottled water, for example. It is high in silicon. You could also try to get him to take some thiamine. My father first started having serious mental decline after getting food poisoning and taking an antibiotic for it that I think blocked his thiamine function.

here's an article: Cognitive Testing Post Adverse Reaction: A Lost Opportunity- Hormones Matter

I will discuss your recommendations, and pass on your link to his girlfriend. Thanks again!

mostlylurking

I will discuss your recommendations, and pass on your link to his girlfriend. Thanks again!
You are very welcome. My father had a girlfriend too. They had been together for about 10 years when his mental decline suddenly took a turn for the worse. She stuck around for the free dinners and entertainment for another couple of years. But when things got to the point where my father needed to stay home and not go out every single night, she went on her way because she could. She wasn't interested in even dropping by for a friendly visit. Talk about a fair weather friend! But when reality hits, it hits pretty hard.

Here's a link to Dr. Costantini's articles: Published Study Articles His main focus was on Parkinson's Disease. He successfully treated something like 4,000+ patients with high dose thiamine. Here's a link to short videos of his patients: Videos Parkinson's Patients before and after treatment - Ultima Edizione.Eu

here's a study about thiamine and Alzheimer's: Role of thiamine in Alzheimer's disease - PubMed there are more listed below this one.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
You are very welcome. My father had a girlfriend too. They had been together for about 10 years when his mental decline suddenly took a turn for the worse. She stuck around for the free dinners and entertainment for another couple of years. But when things got to the point where my father needed to stay home and not go out every single night, she went on her way because she could. She wasn't interested in even dropping by for a friendly visit. Talk about a fair weather friend! But when reality hits, it hits pretty hard.

Here's a link to Dr. Costantini's articles: Published Study Articles His main focus was on Parkinson's Disease. He successfully treated something like 4,000+ patients with high dose thiamine. Here's a link to short videos of his patients: Videos Parkinson's Patients before and after treatment - Ultima Edizione.Eu

here's a study about thiamine and Alzheimer's: Role of thiamine in Alzheimer's disease - PubMed there are more listed below this one.

That sound like my dad's girlfriend too! I am sure she would be gone if she had somewhere to go. Fortunately my dad's big ego keeps him out every night in bars singing karaoke. His girlfriend would rather be sitting at home every night. He isn't too far gone yet. When he stops singing karaoke I will know it is his end.

mostlylurking

That sound like my dad's girlfriend too! I am sure she would be gone if she had somewhere to go. Fortunately my dad's big ego keeps him out every night in bars singing karaoke. His girlfriend would rather be sitting at home every night. He isn't too far gone yet. When he stops singing karaoke I will know it is his end.
That's great!! Karaoke!!

My father was addicted to high stakes gin rummy at the country club. He'd been a regular for many years. And cleaned out a lot of people. Then his brain went south and it was payback time. He was 90. His secretary contacted me to warn me that he was running out of money and he wouldn't have enough to pay for his declining years; seems he had lost around $200,000.00 that month. I had to step in and lower the boom on him. He was so mad at me he nearly caved my skull in with his cane.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That's great!! Karaoke!!

My father was addicted to high stakes gin rummy at the country club. He'd been a regular for many years. And cleaned out a lot of people. Then his brain went south and it was payback time. He was 90. His secretary contacted me to warn me that he was running out of money and he wouldn't have enough to pay for his declining years; seems he had lost around $200,000.00 that month. I had to step in and lower the boom on him. He was so mad at me he nearly caved my skull in with his cane.

Holy cow! $200k in one month AND he attacked you!! Are you two good now? That is what is so very hard, it's having to be their parent. I had to get power of attorney over my dad 2+ years ago when I saw how bad his health was and how people were scamming him and taking advantage of him in so many ways, not paying rent and saying they did month after month. I evicted 2 roommates and his girlfriend if 10 years. We got death threats from one of the roommates. My dad had hoarded the 10 years we avoided him, trying to avoid his girlfriend, and the bills weren't getting paid. Here are several pics from the mess we spent our summer cleaning up. The rotted food in 5 refrigerators, not working well, and 3 deep freezers was so terrible! I don't know how he survived eating from them, the smells were horrific!

Attachments

• 20190907_123333.jpg
    20190907_123333.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190907_133629.jpg
    20190907_133629.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190623_134001.jpg
    20190623_134001.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 15

mostlylurking

Holy cow! $200k in one month AND he attacked you!! Are you two good now? That is what is so very hard, it's having to be their parent. I had to get power of attorney over my dad 2+ years ago when I saw how bad his health was and how people were scamming him and taking advantage of him in so many ways, not paying rent and saying they did month after month. I evicted 2 roommates and his girlfriend if 10 years. We got death threats from one of the roommates. My dad had hoarded the 10 years we avoided him, trying to avoid his girlfriend, and the bills weren't getting paid. Here are several pics from the mess we spent our summer cleaning up. The rotted food in 5 refrigerators, not working well, and 3 deep freezers was so terrible! I don't know how he survived eating from them, the smells were horrific!
After that near death experience, I took the cane away from him and told him off like he was two years old. I think he was mortified. He lived another 5 years in his home and passed away there in 2012. We had hospice for the last 18 months along with a nursing agency and a staff of 2 caregivers at all times. Alzheimer's patients can be difficult. It was very expensive, but he had the money and all he wanted was to be allowed to die at home. So that's what I made happen. It wasn't easy; I live 5 hours by car from his home. I put a lot of miles on my car.

Those photos look like my brother's house. Especially the 3rd picture. He couldn't take the stress of my father's illness and committed suicide in 2009. I got to clean out his house. It took 2 years. The work room was contaminated with lead dust which of course contaminated me. I got pretty sick and had to be chelated for lead poisoning.

My lunatic nephew would come to my father's house and act out and upset him about not getting to play cards with his friends. We thought he was going to give my father a heart attack so I had to get a restraining order to keep him away from my father. It was a very stressful time.

People are nuts.

mostlylurking

I take it back. That 3rd photo is all neatly stacked and tidy. My brother's house was stacked high with piles of flea market finds. He was big on buying metal objects. Then he'd bring them home and cover them with lithium grease. So all of it was covered with lithium grease and 20 years of dust. We filled the equivalent of 45 dump trucks of stuff from that house and sent it to the land fill. We scrapped about 11,000 pounds of metal too, mainly brass and copper, all coated with lithium grease and dirt.

What a disaster.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I take it back. That 3rd photo is all neatly stacked and tidy. My brother's house was stacked high with piles of flea market finds. He was big on buying metal objects. Then he'd bring them home and cover them with lithium grease. So all of it was covered with lithium grease and 20 years of dust. We filled the equivalent of 45 dump trucks of stuff from that house and sent it to the land fill. We scrapped about 11,000 pounds of metal too, mainly brass and copper, all coated with lithium grease and dirt.

What a disaster.

You got me beat with your hot mess clean up! That is awful that it not only yook your valuable time, but your health too. My dad had hoarded before and because of it his house burned down. The hoard we had to clean was froma fresh built house only 10 years old. I am so glad we didn't have to clear 20 years worth!

mostlylurking

You got me beat with your hot mess clean up! That is awful that it not only yook your valuable time, but your health too. My dad had hoarded before and because of it his house burned down. The hoard we had to clean was froma fresh built house only 10 years old. I am so glad we didn't have to clear 20 years worth!
Well, at least that part, the clean up part, is behind us both.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals