Healing Kidney Failure Log

Redeye

For over a year I've been trying to heal my kidney failure (a disease thought to be incurable) and get out of dialysis. I have tried most of the things that are recommended on the internet and nothing has worked so far. In fact, I have felt like ***t doing most of it, or even the diet recommended by doctors.

Actually, I can't really eat anything at all, because I begin to feel like ***t immediately after (lose energy, heavy feeling, headaches, huge blood pressure increases and all...). So I'm doing the only thing that has made me feel better so far - juice fasting. This is the fifth day. Posting this to motivate me to continue. This isn't a choice for me, because as I said, eating anything at all just makes me feel terrible.

Richard Schulze (the herbalist author of the incurables program) has said that he has got many of his patients off dialysis. That program included juice fasting. I'm not sure if I will succeed in that, but I hope to do so. Otherwise, the goal is to just keep feeling well. I hope this thread will motivate me to continue.

Advice and questions are welcome of course.

BigBrain

For over a year I've been trying to heal my kidney failure (a disease thought to be incurable) and get out of dialysis. I have tried most of the things that are recommended on the internet and nothing has worked so far. In fact, I have felt like ***t doing most of it, or even the diet recommended by doctors.

Actually, I can't really eat anything at all, because I begin to feel like ***t immediately after (lose energy, heavy feeling, headaches, huge blood pressure increases and all...). So I'm doing the only thing that has made me feel better so far - juice fasting. This is the fifth day. Posting this to motivate me to continue. This isn't a choice for me, because as I said, eating anything at all just makes me feel terrible.

Richard Schulze (the herbalist author of the incurables program) has said that he has got many of his patients off dialysis. That program included juice fasting. I'm not sure if I will succeed in that, but I hope to do so. Otherwise, the goal is to just keep feeling well. I hope this thread will motivate me to continue.

Advice and questions are welcome of course.
i would try it alot of fiber in order to catch up the toxins in your stomach , because your kidney is very important to detoxify the toxins . The liver is also damaged and probably all organs are harmed as concequence of this.

My Suggestion go to doctor make blood test and get those values for your liver . Or you can go to the nephrologist

Try to get all minerals and vitamins espiacilly vitamin c and drink enough. Also try to avoid fatty foods, only eat save fatty foods which are organic or low toxins burden. But most important never take too much food or fluids. Take only what is required never more the more your over take the more burden you put on your organs particularly the kidneys and liver. Also do some endurance training, not to stressfull. Only that you sweat the get out the ***t of your body to unburden your kidney. Also you can do some infra red sauna. Also important that you get enough vitamin e, i recommend you the supplement from idealabs tocovit.

You have to start very slowly with this protocoll and you need to take care of anything you eat. You will feel urgently bad or harmed if you ate the wrong or too much. Try to avoid pufa and keep yourself away from toxins in food and water is the most important in order that your kidneys and liver will start heal.

Thats my experience

OP
R

Redeye

Some background (short version):

26 years old. Went through very heavy, prolonged stress in 2015/2016. Overate to deal with the stress. Started getting the usual kidney disease symptoms - low energy, then headaches, vision impairment, vomiting. I discovered I had high blood pressure. Went to the doctor and got prescribed a medicine and had a blood test. While waiting for the results, more serious symptoms started appearing - suddenly I realized I was taking much longer to do basic tasks like tying my shoes. I knew something was really wrong then. Finally, the results are in - creatinine out of this world ("never seen before", as said by the doctor), had to be hospitalized immediately.

They put a tube into my penis that was supposed to take out the excess water. They said they're not asking for my permission because I will die soon. Then they asked some questions about family history and stuff. Was pressured to start dialysis the next day. Gave me a bunch of BP medicine, which failed to bring BP down. Two months later I'm out of the hospital, still with high BP. Now doing dialysis at the dialysis center. Still feeling like a zombie.

One day they tell me that my red blood cell count is very low and I have to go to the hospital again. Had 14 blood transfusions done. Another month in the hospital and they finally managed to bring my BP down slightly. Lost about 20 KG of water and muscle together during both hospital visits. But finally I'm home, still feeling bad.

What would a person like me do then? Of course, try to seek alternative therapies to heal my kidneys and get out of dialysis. They prescribe you a diet on dialysis that is low in salt, protein, potassium and phosphorus. I did that first but it didn't make me feel well, so I knew I had to make some changes, but doctors and family pressure made it tough.

Discovered the Rice Diet by Walter Kempner that apparently cured kidney failure some decades ago. It consisted or rice, sugar and fruit juice. Didn't work for me. Clearly, his patients to have some mild kind of kidney disease.

Then discovered Richard Schulze and his incurables program, of which juice fasting is the base. Of course, I stupidly did all the other stuff WITHOUT the juice fasting, because it was just too hard for me to give up all that food (which helped me deal with the stress I was constantly under).

But finally, I got myself together and am doing the juice fasting. This is day five. I got my energy back - not fully but I can live pretty much normally. Of course, I still have to limit the intake of juice since my urine output is almost zero. But I've managed to control my BP with only one medicine (where before fasting I couldn't control it with three different medicines).

I did some kind of Peat thing in-between too, but I really can't deal with any kind of food. Liquids only for me is a must.

My main juice is apple, with some carrot, beet, citrus mixed in. Sometimes other fruits and vegetables. I still have to limit potassium so too many greens are out of the question (but I do use some).

The other things I drink are herbal teas, consisting of hawthorn berries (for the heart), uva ursi (supposed to make you urinate more, we'll see), peppermint, artichoke, milk thistle (supposed to be detoxificating for the liver), ginger (supposed to help circulation), licorice, hibiscus (supposed to lower BP). I add cayenne pepper and turmeric to the teas (supposed to help with circulation, again). Some of the teas do make me sweat - I can feel it.

Was heavily constipated before. Taking senna now and it has helped along with the juices. Also drinking vegetable broth with coconut oil in it (also a Schulze recommendation).

Okay, I've rambled on too much. Off to have my glass of apple juice...

OP
R

Redeye

i would try it alot of fiber in order to catch up the toxins in your stomach , because your kidney is very important to detoxify the toxins . The liver is also damaged and probably all organs are harmed as concequence of this.

My Suggestion go to doctor make blood test and get those values for your liver . Or you can go to the nephrologist

Try to get all minerals and vitamins espiacilly vitamin c and drink enough. Also try to avoid fatty foods, only eat save fatty foods which are organic or low toxins burden. But most important never take too much food or fluids. Take only what is required never more the more your over take the more burden you put on your organs particularly the kidneys and liver. Also do some endurance training, not to stressfull. Only that you sweat the get out the ***t of your body to unburden your kidney. Also you can do some infra red sauna. Also important that you get enough vitamin e, i recommend you the supplement from idealabs tocovit.

You have to start very slowly with this protocoll and you need to take care of anything you eat. You will feel urgently bad or harmed if you ate the wrong or too much. Try to avoid pufa and keep yourself away from toxins in food and water is the most important in order that your kidneys and liver will start heal.

Thats my experience

Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking about the sauna too, but I'm poor. Hopefully I can arrange it somehow though.

following, let us know how it goes

Thanks for the interest!

BigBrain

i wont pass the protein only if you feel worse after it. I recommend some low fat quark for the proteins or some you diggest well. Start take 40 gramm proteins a day, then 60 and finally 80 gramm. You need to do things slowly with progress. I also dont recommend you to drink teas most time they re highly in pesticides and shi.t. Also i wont recommend you take milk thistle i dont know about this thing if you re kidneys re harmed, because anything that supports your liver will make burden on kidneys. If you take milk thistle or red korean ginseng those things will push out the toxins from liver and protect liver from them and then you have those toxins in your blood and kidneys must work harder in order to cleanse it out.

So never pls do juice fast or water fast with out enough fibre believe me fiber is so ****** important and 10 times more important in your case if you want do it put some fibreous legumes or fruits in it, or take Psyllium seed husks in it my favourite fibre food/supplement. But i wont recommend you to take every day fibre because its inhibs the absorption of minerals and vitamins. Particularly zinc, copper, iron, selenium, chrom and molybdenum you need them for detoxification. You can do 5 days on with juice fasting and fibre and two days off where you take food what is rich on minerals and vitamins like chicken or beef liver and skimmed low fat milk/diary or supplements.

What's your weight/height? What sort of foods were you overeating? What was the cause of your stress?

Tarmander

How on earth did you get to the point where you had kidney failure at 26?? Did you grow up a child solider or something?

OP
R

Redeye

What's your weight/height? What sort of foods were you overeating? What was the cause of your stress?

170 cm, 57 kg.
Everything, from fruit, cheese, bread, potatoes...
Living with some ****88 up people. Long story.

Have you tried potato juice?

You mean putting the potato through the juicer? No, maybe I'll try it today.

Anyway, day 6 went well. Not feeling hungry. Think I'll keep up the juice fast until I do get hungry. BP still well controlled.

TreasureVibe

Sodium Bicarbonate:
Metabolic acidosis and kidney disease: does bicarbonate therapy slow the progression of CKD? | Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation | Oxford Academic
Effect of oral sodium bicarbonate supplementation on progression of chronic kidney disease in patients with chronic metabolic acidosis: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (SoBic-Study)
Current Status of Bicarbonate in CKD
Chronic Kidney Disease

Before taking this advice though, I advice first for other more knowledgeable and experienced users on here to study this information about sodium bicarbonate and its effects on chronic kidney disease and then give you the proper advice on wether or not sodium bicarbonate is for you, and if so, what doses are best and type of administration.

Also, I will put this on here myself, although I have no experience with it, a kidney glandular supplement could be helpful. It could also be not, so I also leave this suggestion here first for other more knowledgeable and experienced users to elaborate on and study first, and let them advice you about it.

Also this article on magnesium and kidney disease is interesting: Kidney disease requires magnesium

Although also this requires alot of in-depth study by members first before deciding to do anything. Kidney failure is a contradiction for taking magnesium so beware.

Good luck my friend!

Last edited:

yerrag

I was at CKD (chronic kidney disease) stage 1. seeing that my protein/creatinine ratio was slightly above the limit. That alarmed me, but as providence would have it, I was already about to start using magnesium chloride and vitamin C. A month later, I was no longer on stage 1. My serum albumin started to increase as well. My case was of lead toxicity though, and I my protocol worked for my context. I'm not out of the woods yet, as my blood pressure is still high But I reckon at the rate I'm going I'll be fixed of my hypertension in 4 months. Maybe shorter. My hypertension is a result of lead toxicity in my kidneys. I was 15 years with high blood pressure of 180/12o at the start and it increased to 215/135 a year ago. It was that way 2 months ago, but I had improved to 155/105 in just 2 months. I feel it's like hitting the right button, and then it's downhill skiing after that. I hope you get to this point. It can be frustating and there will be moments of hopelessness, and there will be times you plain quit and not try anymore. But get back on it, as a little break will change your perspective and even your approach. But don't give up.

I think that niacinamide will help. Do a search on it with haidut as part of your search. While you are figuring things out, have the amount of vitamin C that is appropriate to your condition. A C-Flush Test will determine your daily intake requirements. Vitamin C Flush Test - Vitamin C Forum

L-ascorbic acid is not expensive. If you want gmo-free and china-free source, you can look for Quali-C. If you use powder form, it will be cheaper. If you can use the l-ascorbic acid form, which is what's commonly called vitamin C, then use that as it is more effective than the buffered forms such as sodium ascorbate.

As stilgar said, take potato juice. It has plenty of ketone bodies that contain amino acids that don't have to go thru the digestive process that are taxing on the liver and the kidneys. I don't know enough to describe ketone bodies well, but do another search on it.

How are you meeting your requirements for sugar and protein? Protein seems to be a challenge for your case. How is your doctor dealing with that? Be sure that you are not running into deficiencies in vitamins and minerals. Do you have enough fat soluble vitamins A D E, and K? Do you have enough of the main electrolytes calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium? There are other minerals as well you need such as zinc and copper, but excess will not help so your doctor should be guiding you on these.

How is your thyroid condition? Are you avoiding the intake of polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs)? Avoid fish oils? Does your food have soya oil, canola oil, or corn oil? Reject those fancy oils such as safflower oil, flaxseed oil, hempseed oil, avocado oil. But welcome beef tallow, coconut oil, and butter.

You need to put your body in a state to heal, and to regenerate. Regeneration is most important to you as you are trying to rebuild your kidney. Our body has stem cells, and my hope is that you can tap the stem cells and give them the right conditions so they can differentiate and become tissues for your kidney.

Lastly, be at peace. Be in a state of centeredness. Meditate. Pray. Have inner peace. Start the process of forgiveness with those around you. My prayers are with you.

TreasureVibe

Also would like to leave this here for inspiration:

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2014/06/adult-kidneys-constantly-grow.html
JUN 19, 2014

It was thought that kidney cells didn’t reproduce much once the organ was fully formed, but new research shows that the kidneys are regenerating and repairing themselves throughout life.

Researchers at the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine and the Sackler School of Medicine in Israel have shown how the kidneys constantly grow and have surprising ability to regenerate themselves, overturning decades of accepted wisdom that such regeneration didn’t happen. It also opens a path toward new ways of repairing and even growing kidneys.

moriwatzi

81% Positive Response to Coenzyme Q10 Treatment for Chronic Kidney Failure

"After one week and ten months of charcoal use significant decrease in blood urea and creatinine levels was observed and none of them required emergency dialysis during this time."

Combination of oral activated charcoal plus low protein diet as a new alternative for handling in the old end-stage renal disease patients. - PubMed - NCBI

Niacinamide Can Treat Kidney Failure

Daily dose of baking soda could stop kidney patients needing dialysis

Daily dose of baking soda 'could stop kidney patients needing dialysis' | Daily Mail Online

OP
R

Redeye

I was at CKD (chronic kidney disease) stage 1. seeing that my protein/creatinine ratio was slightly above the limit. That alarmed me, but as providence would have it, I was already about to start using magnesium chloride and vitamin C. A month later, I was no longer on stage 1. My serum albumin started to increase as well. My case was of lead toxicity though, and I my protocol worked for my context. I'm not out of the woods yet, as my blood pressure is still high But I reckon at the rate I'm going I'll be fixed of my hypertension in 4 months. Maybe shorter. My hypertension is a result of lead toxicity in my kidneys. I was 15 years with high blood pressure of 180/12o at the start and it increased to 215/135 a year ago. It was that way 2 months ago, but I had improved to 155/105 in just 2 months. I feel it's like hitting the right button, and then it's downhill skiing after that. I hope you get to this point. It can be frustating and there will be moments of hopelessness, and there will be times you plain quit and not try anymore. But get back on it, as a little break will change your perspective and even your approach. But don't give up.

I think that niacinamide will help. Do a search on it with haidut as part of your search. While you are figuring things out, have the amount of vitamin C that is appropriate to your condition. A C-Flush Test will determine your daily intake requirements. Vitamin C Flush Test - Vitamin C Forum

L-ascorbic acid is not expensive. If you want gmo-free and china-free source, you can look for Quali-C. If you use powder form, it will be cheaper. If you can use the l-ascorbic acid form, which is what's commonly called vitamin C, then use that as it is more effective than the buffered forms such as sodium ascorbate.

As stilgar said, take potato juice. It has plenty of ketone bodies that contain amino acids that don't have to go thru the digestive process that are taxing on the liver and the kidneys. I don't know enough to describe ketone bodies well, but do another search on it.

How are you meeting your requirements for sugar and protein? Protein seems to be a challenge for your case. How is your doctor dealing with that? Be sure that you are not running into deficiencies in vitamins and minerals. Do you have enough fat soluble vitamins A D E, and K? Do you have enough of the main electrolytes calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium? There are other minerals as well you need such as zinc and copper, but excess will not help so your doctor should be guiding you on these.

How is your thyroid condition? Are you avoiding the intake of polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs)? Avoid fish oils? Does your food have soya oil, canola oil, or corn oil? Reject those fancy oils such as safflower oil, flaxseed oil, hempseed oil, avocado oil. But welcome beef tallow, coconut oil, and butter.

You need to put your body in a state to heal, and to regenerate. Regeneration is most important to you as you are trying to rebuild your kidney. Our body has stem cells, and my hope is that you can tap the stem cells and give them the right conditions so they can differentiate and become tissues for your kidney.

Lastly, be at peace. Be in a state of centeredness. Meditate. Pray. Have inner peace. Start the process of forgiveness with those around you. My prayers are with you.

Sugar probably isn't a problem, as I have enough in the juice and the honey in teas. Protein might be, but I can't deal with solid food really. Drank some chicken soup yesterday but I don't know if that's enough. I had the blood tests done a few days ago and don't seem to have any deficiencies.

I don't use the PUFA oils but do use coconut oil. TSH was a bit high last time I had the test done (well, it was "normal" but high according to Ray Peat).

Yes, the mental things are the hardest. But I'm not giving up this time.

Thanks for the post!

"After one week and ten months of charcoal use significant decrease in blood urea and creatinine levels was observed and none of them required emergency dialysis during this time."

Combination of oral activated charcoal plus low protein diet as a new alternative for handling in the old end-stage renal disease patients. - PubMed - NCBI

Niacinamide Can Treat Kidney Failure

Daily dose of baking soda could stop kidney patients needing dialysis

Daily dose of baking soda 'could stop kidney patients needing dialysis' | Daily Mail Online

Sodium Bicarbonate:
Metabolic acidosis and kidney disease: does bicarbonate therapy slow the progression of CKD? | Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation | Oxford Academic
Effect of oral sodium bicarbonate supplementation on progression of chronic kidney disease in patients with chronic metabolic acidosis: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (SoBic-Study)
Current Status of Bicarbonate in CKD
Chronic Kidney Disease

Before taking this advice though, I advice first for other more knowledgeable and experienced users on here to study this information about sodium bicarbonate and its effects on chronic kidney disease and then give you the proper advice on wether or not sodium bicarbonate is for you, and if so, what doses are best and type of administration.

Also, I will put this on here myself, although I have no experience with it, a kidney glandular supplement could be helpful. It could also be not, so I also leave this suggestion here first for other more knowledgeable and experienced users to elaborate on and study first, and let them advice you about it.

Also this article on magnesium and kidney disease is interesting: Kidney disease requires magnesium

Although also this requires alot of in-depth study by members first before deciding to do anything. Kidney failure is a contradiction for taking magnesium so beware.

Good luck my friend!

Interesting studies. Didn't know about the charcoal thing. So I should do low protein then after all. I'll stick to the juice fast for now then.

Anyway, day 7 and 8 went well.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Haidut had a post about niacinaide reversing kidney disease in rats equiv 1500mg if I rcall

managing

Not sure anybody has said this, but after juicing potatoes the juice must then be cooked.

yerrag

Not sure anybody has said this, but after juicing potatoes the juice must then be cooked.
Ray mentioned that the juice can be cooked like an egg would be cooked, but I don't recall the need to cook the juice. What happens if the juice isn't cooked?

managing

Ray mentioned that the juice can be cooked like an egg would be cooked, but I don't recall the need to cook the juice. What happens if the juice isn't cooked?
I must admit complete ignorance here. I injected that because it is what is always said about the potato juice approach. And in general, Ray, et al, talk about "well cooked starch". But I've never used it. I would guess that under-cooked or not cooked starch will have a general potential to ferment.

@Westside PUFAs is kind of the resident starch expert. Perhaps he can add more.

I don't know because I don't have a need to use the juice. Ray said that people with special metabolic disorders can try the cooked juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals