Regeneration Of The Kidneys - Something That Is Still Unresolved In Medicine

mostlylurking

I keep coming back to this thread. I have severe scarring on my kidneys and am on dialysis. I have SCOURED the web for end-stage renal disease treatments, both verifiable and one from straight up quacks. Usually, for terminal disease you can find some people shilling some sort of absurd snake oil or something, but for ESRD....nothing lol. It's almost suspicious,
Thiamine is supposed to be beneficial to the kidneys, even for end stage renal disease. Dialysis depletes thiamine.
"The use of vitamin b1 supplements for patients suffering from end-stage renal disease was evaluated. Different forms of vitamin b1 were administered to patients, and their blood levels of thiamine (vitamin b1) were evaluated. This study supported the use and bioavailabitliy of thiamine supplements for patients with end-stage renal disease, as results showed it was able to be absorbed and used by the body. The use of thiamine in this population is important, as thiamine has been demonstrated to protect against uremia and other diseases."

ddjd

I don't think regular niacin is safe for long term use, especially in doses at which it causes flushing. And the human studies with CKD used niacinamide, not niacin.
whats the main argument against regular niacin?

Candeias

I keep coming back to this thread. I have severe scarring on my kidneys and am on dialysis. I have SCOURED the web for end-stage renal disease treatments, both verifiable and one from straight up quacks. Usually, for terminal disease you can find some people shilling some sort of absurd snake oil or something, but for ESRD....nothing lol. It's almost suspicious,

Why are your kidneys scarred?

Cyproheptadine, a SET7/9 inhibitor, reduces hyperglycaemia-induced ER stress alleviating inflammation and fibrosis in renal tubular epithelial cells

Last edited:

Texon

Maybe something like Nattokinase could eliminate the scarring/fibrosis?

Candeias

I think anticholinergic things would be good for the kidneys. So red light like you mentioned would be great. Anything that keeps your blood sugar up, like coffee, fruits, gelatin (while minimizing muscle meat and probably even milk), thyroid, progesterone, moving to a high altitude, antiserotonin things like cold showers and sleep deprivation and NoFap/no alcohol (these are a bit stressful and maybe not as "Peaty" as the other suggestions) and possibly ergot derivatives, strictly avoiding PUFA, eating low fat in general, along those lines.

Dr. Peat said the main thing that causes kidney degeneration is growth hormone, and growth hormone is secreted most especially by low blood sugar and high acetylcholine, aka parasympathetic dominance and learned helplessness.

Telmisartan inhibits vascular dysfunction and inflammation via activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ in subtotal nephrectomized rat

"(...)Vasodilation in response to acetylcholine in the aortic ring was impaired in the Nx, and improved by treatment with telmisartan."

Texon

Telmisartan inhibits vascular dysfunction and inflammation via activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ in subtotal nephrectomized rat

"(...)Vasodilation in response to acetylcholine in the aortic ring was impaired in the Nx, and improved by treatment with telmisartan."
Actually a trademarked product called Allicin also comes to mind. If someone can tolerate garlic products allicin has benefits proven to exceed those of the Sartan class of drugs.

Candeias

Actually a trademarked product called Allicin also comes to mind. If someone can tolerate garlic products allicin has benefits proven to exceed those of the Sartan class of drugs.

Probably due to its antibiotic effects, because it is not absorbed

Candeias

Taurine ameliorates chronic streptozocin-induced diabetic nephropathy in rats

"Taurine supplementation reduced total proteinuria and albuminuria by nearly 50%. This treatment also prevented glomerular hypertrophy, preserved immunohistochemical staining for type IV collagen in glomeruli, and diminished glomerulosclerosis and tubulointerstitial fibrosis in diabetic animals. The changes in renal function and structure in taurine-treated diabetic rats were associated with normalization of renal cortical malondialdehyde content, lowering of serum free Fe2+ concentration, and decreased formation of the advanced glycooxidation products, pentosidine, and fluorescence in skin collagen."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals