Regeneration Of The Kidneys - Something That Is Still Unresolved In Medicine

OP
T

TreasureVibe

"Artemisia Absinthium cleanse program for example, taking 1600 mg at once every night in capsules." ....in all my research on Art never came across this?! My 200 mg dose is actually a little stronger than what my body weight calls for...have no kidney issues and that has never come up in my research...
I got it from here... If this information is not correct this guy should be informed that this is harming people.. :

"For the effective treatment of gut parasites or fungal or bacterial infection I prefer the ease of use of the capsules of Wormwood whereby I typically give a strong dose of around 4 x 400mg capsules in the evening for as long as it takes to effect a cure.

To ease the passage of its strong action within the body Wormwood combines well with any of Licorice root, Fennel or Peppermint"

Source: Richard Whelan ~ Medical Herbalist ~ Wormwood
I think the problem is that we look at the kidneys as like a black box. So we tend to treat it as something like garbage in garbage out. We're not asking why did my kidneys get this sickly. Why did I get to this point? It's a big blank that needs to be filled. Unless you know the why, you're just like a regular medical doctor that throws drugs at a problem without understanding enough of the problem at hand. It doesn't matter if the substance isn't pharma and that it's herbal. What matters is you know what made your kidney deteriorate, and knowing that, you can half a better chance of finding the cure you're looking for.

The kidneys have many parts. Do you know which part has a problem? Is it the glomerular capillaries? It is the nephrons? Is it the tubules? What markers can you use to determine which part is likely wrong? I'm not speaking as an expert, and I'm self-treating my hypertensive condition. I see that is kidney related. I also see that it's also cardiovascular-related, and I believe it is plaque that's formed in the glomerular capillaries. I'm not even 50% sure about this, but I think it's better than just treating the kidneys as a black box.

Something tests even mislead. I did a kidney ultrasound and I got excellent results - all negative. I don't trust it though. I think it tells me there's a problem only when the kidneys are already way into an advanced stage of disease. Too late. I don't want to get to that point but I will get to that point if I rely on the false negative of a kidney ultrasound. I'd rather use blood markers which gives me a clearer indication of my kidney health.

I check urine albumin creatinine ratio. I check serum albumin. I may check serum uric acid, and if it's high, I'd want to find out if uric acid is being excreted normally in urine. I may also want a urinalysis just to check my urine specific gravity. i'd also use urine pH strips to take my urine pH during different times of the day. Having a good acid-base balance helps avoid the formation of stones. I'd also like to know the state of my capillaries. The RDW in a CBC gives me an indication of the presence of plaque in the capillaries, which very well limits the filtration rate. I'd also like to know my WBC and neutrophils and lymphocyte values, from the CBC, as it may give me an indication of the presence of low-grade infections that could lead to the gradual accumulation of plaque in the kidney capillaries.

Without knowing what you're dealing with, it is close to useless or even harmful taking in substances that are supposed to be helpful. Think of it as being in a cave and lost. If you have a map that gives you confidence that the direction you're headed is correct, you will have confidence in staying on course. Otherwise, you'll be unsure of every step you're taking and you won't stay on course. You won't get claustrophobic but you'll still end up feeling helpless and maybe just give up.
Good post, we indeed have to treat the kidneys from multiple approaches. Would bromelain help improving kidneys function in general? I think it's that much of a broad agent that it would aid the kidneys nonetheless. The proteolytic action would also lower protein in the blood which means less protein for the kidneys to filter right?

Dr Michael Hamblin, a photobiomodulation researcher, has stated that red / infrared light seems to help people with kidney failure. These are often sick, elderly people who can’t tolerate transplants. Its one of the only things that seems to help.

IMO anything that helps the blood vessels and circulatory system would be a good place to start.
Would the red light be aimed directly at the lower back? Would nasal infrared therapy help too? (red light therapy on the blood through a nasal infrared device)

I don't think the resins are the problem with that program but rather the massive amount of ROS generated by high dose artemisinin. This is the mechanism of action for this herb against cancer. User @bzmazu can shed more light on this and whether he experienced any kidney issues with artemisinin.

Yes, this could very well be the case. What could I do now to reverse the damage? (ROS damage) By the way I also have tiny edema pockets beneath one eye since yesterday, the aspirin and niacinamide did help reduce pain in lower back at times and still continuing taking it.

you named it all but one of the few which really works: Cordyceps
Interesting, I just saw a study that cordyceps reverses renal fibrosis. Would cordyceps work in any case to improve kidneys health?

Goobz

@TreasureVibe yes I’d imagine blood photobiomodulation such as intranasal red light would indeed reach the kidneys and have an effect. But that’s just my opinion. The Russian method - red light, low power, to an area of good blood supply (the Russians went directly into a vein!) seems to have lots of systemic effects, and the intranasal devices are sort of mimicking this.

However I re listened to the Michael Hamblin interview and he is referring to the near infrared wavelengths (800 s NM) applied directly to the back where the kidneys are.

This wavelength penetrates deeper than red light and would have the “direct” effect on the cells, whereas the blood method would be mediated via the indirect effect. Some conditions seem to respond better to one than the other. Hamblin also mentions this “seems to work like a dream... but has been hardly studied at all.”

haidut

Forum Supporter
"Artemisia Absinthium cleanse program for example, taking 1600 mg at once every night in capsules." ....in all my research on Art never came across this?! My 200 mg dose is actually a little stronger than what my body weight calls for...have no kidney issues and that has never come up in my research...

Thanks. So, could be a contamination of the product with something. Heavy metal contamination is common in supplements and those metals do affect kidneys first.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Thanks. So, could be a contamination of the product with something. Heavy metal contamination is common in supplements and those metals do affect kidneys first.
I bought a product that was organic certified, the only strange thing is that after I bought it they pulled the product from their website for some reason. But the website still exists. So I have no clue..

Should the parsley be dried or fresh for the best effect?

Inaut

I bought a product that was organic certified, the only strange thing is that after I bought it they pulled the product from their website for some reason. But the website still exists. So I have no clue..

Should the parsley be dried or fresh for the best effect?

I use dried due to much higher apigenin content. Two tbsps a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, steeped in hot water

yomama

As an anticholinergic or for kidney health?

Try to google "cordyceps and kidney health in traditional chinese medicine" and you will get an idea, also "Pharmacological actions of Cordyceps, a prized folk medicine" by T. B. Ng and H. X. Wang is a good introductory article, full text is freely available online.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I use dried due to much higher apigenin content. Two tbsps a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, steeped in hot water
The parsley typically drops to the bottom of the cup after stirring for a while. Do you also drink the dried parsley itself? And will common dried parsley ment as food flavor from the grocery store work? Where do you get your dried parsley?

Last edited:

Inaut

I find it floats until stirred well. If the water it warm most of it should drop to the bottom. I eat the parsley at the bottom of the mug as well and swish it around in my mouth for bit too.

Right now I’m just using the stuff from the grocery store (not ideal) but my mom gives
me some from her garden after drying it when it’s ready.

Beefcake

Cyproheptadine is both anticholinergic and inhibits growth hormone.

Here's a list of anticholinergics I put together

Cyproheptadine
Diamant / Adamantine
Dimenhydrinate
Diphenhydramine
Doxylamin Succinate
Clonidine
Forskolin (also Pro Dopamine)
Glycine (causes acetylcholine to be broken down)
Racetams (piracetam, etc.)
Kava

Just curious about your mentioning racetams. Wikipedia says the total opposite it activates cholinergic nerves and is used as a medication when there’s to much anti cholinergic activity.

Piracetam (and other racetams), α-GPC and choline are known to activate the cholinergic system and alleviate cognitive symptoms caused by extended use of anticholinergic drugs.”

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I find it floats until stirred well. If the water it warm most of it should drop to the bottom. I eat the parsley at the bottom of the mug as well and swish it around in my mouth for bit too.

Right now I’m just using the stuff from the grocery store (not ideal) but my mom gives
me some from her garden after drying it when it’s ready.
Why would drinking parsley tea give weird pressure-like sensations that come and go in the lower back? They're not as bad as when I eat Juniper berries for example or as the pressure I felt earlier a few days ago.

Inaut

I’ve heard parsley can break down kidney stones. Maybe that’s what you are feeling? Just a guess though.

Edit***** parsley tea is contraindicated in cases of severe kidney disease due to oxalates (forming kidney stones). Not sure what to think but I’ll use two tbsps per day

Last edited:

akgrrrl

Kidneys actually regenerate almost as well as liver, as long as you limit their exposure to FFA (PUFA) in the blood. It is not a coincidence that niacinamide helps people with CKD. Aspirin and anything else that is anti-lipolytic also helps.
There is evidence that it is the breakdown of... | Ray Peat Forum
Increased Fat Oxidation Is The Cause Of Kidney Damage
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/niacinamide-can-treat-kidney-failure.15020/
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/niacinamide-may-treat-acute-kidney-failure-aki-human-study.25377/

The same mechanism is implicated in pancreatic damage (beta cells) that leads to diabetes, liver disease (cirrhosis), heart failure, etc. None of these conditions are as mysterious, complicated or untreatable as the whitecoats would have you believe.

This reply is a boon to us all. I am reading the reference and all its implications. Kidneys are amazing organs but easily abused.

Bart1

I think I probably have a kidney problem. Some of my nails show clubbing/bending down, it’s called pseudo clubbing and is related to kidney function. Also my creatinine showed up slightly elevated last time. I had a lot of stress the last year and did too much things that lowered my blood sugar too much. I had a lot of muscle wasting.

Things I’m trying now is 1.5 grams of aspirin and 500-1000mg niacinamide, 300mg Thiamine. Also upping calcium intake but having problems with digestion due to low stomach acid. I also tried potato juice a couple of times, first time got a calming effect. I just bought some amino acids, will use that as well. Hope I csn turn this around

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals