Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Hazelnut Ice-cream

Discussion in 'Ice Cream' started by Beebop, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Beebop

Beebop Member

I have an idea to make hazelnut ice cream - it's one of my favourite flavours.

To remove PUFAs I would cook the nuts, then strain the juice and skim of all traces of fat.
    This would leave some kind of protein milk (hopefully a tasty one).

Would this milk still be full of nut toxins and best avoided, OR is this a brilliant way of making tasty ice cream?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

2. Jenn

Jenn Member

If you have a hankering for Hazelnuts, roast, blend remove excess fat, add coconut oil to replace fat and enjoy as normal. Keep it at 50% of more saturated fat and you will be protected from damage from the PUFAs. The starch is another issue, make sure to chew. ;)

I would not call it a healing food. If you have inflammation issues, I would keep it to a minimum.
    Enjoy! Stressing over your food can be as damaging as the food.

3. mimi

mimi Member

Maybe you have access to a good brand of hazelnut coffee syrup. I have a bottle standing around here – it is very sweet and tastes like real roasted hazelnuts. ;)
    The ingredient list is: sugar, water, glucose, natural flavoring, caramel sugar syrup.
    Of course, the stuff contains some "natural" flavoring, but I don't think it's too damaging; but I don't know for sure. I just think it's much less of a hassle and the quality of the taste itself is pretty satisfactory. Just a suggestion. :)
    Cheers!

4. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

That's interesting,I didn't know you could remove fat from nuts! How do you do it?
    Would that also work for raw Macademias?(they were the only nuts I ever liked...and they're apparently starchless)