Peat Friendly Addition To Vanilla Ice Cream

michael94

Got some of the Blue Bunny all natural vanilla per many of your recommendations,

Has the following - INGREDIENTS: Milk, Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Natural Vanilla Extract and Vanilla Bean Specks

Good to go! Only thing is I'm kind of getting bored of just the vanilla. I looked in the store at the caramel toppings as that sounded good and they all had carrageenan/gums in them :l

I'm not a very good cook so I'm lost as to what would be a nice tasting and healthy addition, thanks!

Edit: BTW, one thing I love doing is eating it with potato chips ( non pufa oil ofc ). I dip the chips in there like it was sour cream, really great...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It's good stuff and Wally world has a pretty decent price on it. :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

tara

Sauce to pour over or stir into icecream:
Chocolate sauce - heat sweetened condensed milk + cocoa + optional coconut oil. I imagine you could make a coffee sauce if you preferred.
Berry: Stew berries with sugar, strain if you want to avoid skins and seeds, blend or not if you don't. I've used blackcurrants, raspberries, strawberries, bags of mixed berries to make sauces to eat with cheese cake. Kids like it with icecream (or by itself).
Either of these should keep ok in the fridge for several days.

Make hokey pokey and bash it up and add the pieces?
Grated chocolate.

Eat with tinned peaches or fruit salad or fruit jelly or fruit compote.

What flavours did you like before you got fussy about icecream quality?

OP
michael94

michael94

tara said:
post 105031 Sauce to pour over or stir into icecream:
Chocolate sauce - heat sweetened condensed milk + cocoa + optional coconut oil. I imagine you could make a coffee sauce if you preferred.
Berry: Stew berries with sugar, strain if you want to avoid skins and seeds, blend or not if you don't. I've used blackcurrants, raspberries, strawberries, bags of mixed berries to make sauces to eat with cheese cake. Kids like it with icecream (or by itself).
Either of these should keep ok in the fridge for several days.

Make hokey pokey and bash it up and add the pieces?
Grated chocolate.

Eat with tinned peaches or fruit salad or fruit jelly or fruit compote.

What flavours did you like before you got fussy about icecream quality?

nice suggestions, lindt has no soy lecithin in their dark chocolate so could try grating that

My favorite flavor is definitely chocolate peanut butter with the peanut butters cups and big ribbons of the sweet peanut butter candy stuff, if ingredient quality/health wasn't a factor

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

icecreamlover said:
post 105032 My favorite flavor is definitely chocolate peanut butter with the peanut butters cups and big ribbons of the sweet peanut butter candy stuff, if ingredient quality/health wasn't a factor
Just on the off chance it's the salt rather than the PUFA that attracts you to the peanut butter flavour, you could try making some salty fudge or salty fudge sauce to go with it?

OP
michael94

michael94

tara said:
post 105037
icecreamlover said:
post 105032 My favorite flavor is definitely chocolate peanut butter with the peanut butters cups and big ribbons of the sweet peanut butter candy stuff, if ingredient quality/health wasn't a factor
Just on the off chance it's the salt rather than the PUFA that attracts you to the peanut butter flavour, you could try making some salty fudge or salty fudge sauce to go with it?

Nope its the peanut butter flavor, I wonder if it's possible to get peanut butter flavoring without the pufa or other bad stuff of peanuts? Doubt it. I do love the salt though and I'll often add some sea salt or eat with potato chips as I mentioned above. Still miss the peanut butter but I can live without it minus rare occasions.

Birdie

Bad news that Blue Bunny changed their packaging and.... the vanilla bean ice cream has "natural flavors" added.
I think the packaging and formula changed about 3 months ago.

Regina

Trader Joe's Dulce de leche
ingredients: water, sugar, whole milk powder, glucose fructose syrup, skimmed milk powder, vanilla extract.
Product of Spain

OP
michael94

michael94

Nope its the peanut butter flavor, I wonder if it's possible to get peanut butter flavoring without the pufa or other bad stuff of peanuts? Doubt it. I do love the salt though and I'll often add some sea salt or eat with potato chips as I mentioned above. Still miss the peanut butter but I can live without it minus rare occasions.
btw reeses pieces is almost all saturated fat, I got some yesterday just because and was surprised to see that