is Hagaan Daz really ok?

Peat's_Girl

Attakai said:
Go to your local organic store and look at the back of the icecreams, you're bound to find one that is peat friendly.
Here in cali there's two that I am aware of: Three twins and Strauss
The strauss ice cream is freaking amazing, all organic ingredients, 6 dollars for two quartz and tastes like heaven.

http://strausfamilycreamery.com/product ... -ice-cream

Lucky you! In my grocery store the organic icecreams have the most gums. I'll stick to HD, even though I don't know if the HuffPost article applies since Canada doesn't allow hormones in milk.

Peat's_Girl

I checked today and the Canadian HD says "made with Canadian milk", so there would be no hormones in it.
Come to Canada and stock up, buddies! ;D

mt_dreams

Amazoniac said:
Random question, off topic:
In Canada all milks still come in bags, right? Those that leak die milch even though they have no signs of damage/holes..

Not all milk comes in those estrogen rich flimsy bags. As of now 1 & 2 liter options are in cartons, while the 4 liter option comes in bags. Recently the 3.75 liter (1 gallon) jug was approved for use, but the only company I've seen use it is Macks which is an american company I believe. The bags are cheaper to use, so I don't see the companies switching over seeing as they've been used for some time now.

In the past, at least a couple times a year, I would find milk in bag that carries the 3 bags which make up the 4 liters. Not sure how it got in there, b/c as you mentioned, there is no sign of damage to the 3 smaller bags. Experienced milk buyers will make sure there is none floating around the big bag before buying.

mt_dreams

Peat's_Girl said:
I checked today and the Canadian HD says "made with Canadian milk", so there would be no hormones in it.

stock up only if you're rich! Hagaan daz costs twice as much in Canada as it does in the US ... hopefully it's b/c it's a superior product, and not just a profit measure.

As per Canadian law, it's illegal to use milk outside of canada for fresh products. So all fresh dairy like milk, yogurt, cream, ice cream, fresh cheese will use Canadian milk. The only imported dairy is aged cheese & milk powder.

Amazoniac

mt_dreams said:
Amazoniac said:
Random question, off topic:
In Canada all milks still come in bags, right? Those that leak die milch even though they have no signs of damage/holes..

Not all milk comes in those estrogen rich flimsy bags. As of now 1 & 2 liter options are in cartons, while the 4 liter option comes in bags. Recently the 3.75 liter (1 gallon) jug was approved for use, but the only company I've seen use it is Macks which is an american company I believe. The bags are cheaper to use, so I don't see the companies switching over seeing as they've been used for some time now.

In the past, at least a couple times a year, I would find milk in bag that carries the 3 bags which make up the 4 liters. Not sure how it got in there, b/c as you mentioned, there is no sign of damage to the 3 smaller bags. Experienced milk buyers will make sure there is none floating around the big bag before buying.

I can't remember how, but they do leak milk even though there's no damage in the bag. I guess this is the reason they replaced those for Tetra Paks where I live..

Peat's_Girl

mt_dreams said:
Peat's_Girl said:

stock up only if you're rich! Hagaan daz costs twice as much in Canada as it does in the US ... hopefully it's b/c it's a superior product, and not just a profit measure.

As per Canadian law, it's illegal to use milk outside of canada for fresh products. So all fresh dairy like milk, yogurt, cream, ice cream, fresh cheese will use Canadian milk. The only imported dairy is aged cheese & milk powder.

Err... That was a joke... Since the border between the US and Canada is an 8 hour drive... ;D
In which case you'll just have some overpriced milkshake!

But yeah, all dairy is more expensive here.

No scratch that everything is more expensive here.
Just compare Amazon.ca and Amazon.com.
(Hint: They're selling Great Lakes Gelatin for 60$. GOOD LUCK.)

I hear my Texan friend talk about beef prices and I weep.
It's like 25$ a KG. ;'(((((((((((((((((((

Green

I've been eating Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Bean since someone mentioned it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals