Something Interesting I've Noticed About Peating To Fatloss

tomisonbottom

No discernible cravings.

Lost 20lbs last month, mostly weight I gained by initially experimenting with sugar and high-fat milk and ice cream, I'd assume the usual from following Ray's advice without context.

Monday to Friday I strictly follow a diet very heavy in skim milk, orange juice, coffee, liver, salt, carrot, whey protein and gelatin, and Haidut's vitamin K supplement. On Saturday morning, I go to the washroom, then weigh myself, and subsequently enjoy a cheat day, where I both eat hyper-caloric, and satisfy any unmet nutrient needs my body has been craving.

The problem is that... I don't crave anything. Nothing. Its weird. And cool.

Historically, I would have craved pizza, or ice cream, or chocolate. Maybe something salty or vinegary, like potato chips, or something sugary, like candy. But now, none of these things do the trick.

The closest I got to a genuine craving this week was for pancakes. Then I thought about it more, and I feel like it may actually have been a craving for maple syrup. Maple syrup is rich in manganese, which is virtually the only nutrient a Peat diet is lacking, at least as far as cronometer is concerned. The next closest thing to a craving I had was for rice with salsa, a quirky personal favourite dish of mine. Rice is also somewhat rich in manganese.

I will be having maple syrup instead of honey in evening tea going forward, and see if that completely nullifies cravings.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I consider interesting - a Peat diet leaves a craving-free residue. I must be meeting my needs thoroughly.

Cheers

What caused the weight loss? Was it a big difference in calories, or just lack of starch and low fat you think?