• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Grounding experiment 1

AdoTintor

I've been experimenting with grounding using a wire that stretches from the garden all the way upstairs to my bedroom. I wrap the wire around my toe at night and feel like a John Doe with a tag on his toe. I've shaved off a bit of the plastic from the wire at the various places I stand or sit during the day. Particularly I stand on the wire while at my standing-desk. I can notice when I touch the wire, there is a feeling. So far so good.

Then I started to use my tri-meter to measure the elctromagnetic field. I find that when grounded either in bed or next to computer the electro field around me increases, as measured by the tri-meter held close to chest but pointing outwards, INCREASEs. As soon as I touch the wire it jumps up a massive amount. So I think the grounding causes me to become the conductor. I assume this is not good - I've stopped grounding whist inside.

miquelangeles

So crazy thing - I've been trying out walking barefoot in the concrete for the past week - feels pretty good

My toes have now spread out a lot more and the bottom of my foot has gotten a lot stronger/thicker

The only issue is I get very hypermetabolic when I do this - my metabolism speeds up way too fast

I'm hoping the body eventually regulates this - I'm wondering how cavemen and animals are able to be grounded 24/7 without suffering from hyperthyroidism
I’ve also been walking a lot on concrete.
The constant pressure and friction would trigger keratin production and eventually thicken the skin on soles which regulates the charge transfer.
I get hypermetabolic too after several hours, I suddenly feel the urge to wear shoes or “unground”. Difficult to describe the feeling.

miquelangeles

I've been experimenting with grounding using a wire that stretches from the garden all the way upstairs to my bedroom. I wrap the wire around my toe at night and feel like a John Doe with a tag on his toe. I've shaved off a bit of the plastic from the wire at the various places I stand or sit during the day. Particularly I stand on the wire while at my standing-desk. I can notice when I touch the wire, there is a feeling. So far so good.

Then I started to use my tri-meter to measure the elctromagnetic field. I find that when grounded either in bed or next to computer the electro field around me increases, as measured by the tri-meter held close to chest but pointing outwards, INCREASEs. As soon as I touch the wire it jumps up a massive amount. So I think the grounding causes me to become the conductor. I assume this is not good - I've stopped grounding whist inside.
What model is your meter, can you share the values that it’s reading in different situations and the units of measurements?
If you are near electric fields (every appliance that is plugged in creates an electric field whether it is turned on or not) it’s probably still be better to be grounded rather than ungrounded.
The induced current would drain away from the surface of your skin to the ground. So the meter might simply measure the transfer of charge between the source of the electric field and the ground, through your skin surface.
Otherwise the electric fields will induce intracorporal currents that will have either beneficial or detrimental effects depending on your physiology, on the intensity and frequency of the electric field etc.
Also keep in mind that when you are grounded your body gets a negative potential of ~200 millivolts relative to ground. But you mentioned the high readings are when near computer or in bed, which suggest it’s the AC fields from the wiring in the walls.

RealNeat

What model is your meter, can you share the values that it’s reading in different situations and the units of measurements?
If you are near electric fields (every appliance that is plugged in creates an electric field whether it is turned on or not) it’s probably still be better to be grounded rather than ungrounded.
The induced current would drain away from the surface of your skin to the ground. So the meter might simply measure the transfer of charge between the source of the electric field and the ground, through your skin surface.
Otherwise the electric fields will induce intracorporal currents that will have either beneficial or detrimental effects depending on your physiology, on the intensity and frequency of the electric field etc.
Also keep in mind that when you are grounded your body gets a negative potential of ~200 millivolts relative to ground. But you mentioned the high readings are when near computer or in bed, which suggest it’s the AC fields from the wiring in the walls.
I have found that besides dirty electricity filters 3 prong plug switches, which can be bought for around 5 dollars a piece, are great at eliminating electrical fields from appliances. Though minuscule, it also eliminates the need to plug and unplug exposing one to more DE and just general inconvenience.

It's a small plug with a switch on the side that plugs into the outlet before the appliance.

If one doesn't mind a short pulse of RF, the remote controlled switches are also very convenient for this purpose. Some come with the ability to turn on and off 6 different outlets through the remote. Note that this does not depend on WiFi, do not accidentally purchase a "smart" plug.

JamesGatz

I’ve also been walking a lot on concrete.
The constant pressure and friction would trigger keratin production and eventually thicken the skin on soles which regulates the charge transfer.
Thats a good point did not think of that but it makes a lot of sense

Deer have hoovers, lions/canines have rough paws, etc. all thicker/rougher textures probably reduce the flow of electrons to protect from hyperthyroidism

In that case i will try to get the bottom of my feet as thick as possible

AdoTintor

I dismantled my earthing wire in disgust, but perhaps I've been a bit hasty. I just set it up again to get the readings which are 13V/m standing at my monitor+keyboard but not touching anything. Then it jumps to 30V/m when I touch the grounding wire. I have a TriField EMF meter model TF2 and I put it on ELEC/weighted to make this reading.

Although the field shoots up when I ground myself I cannot actually be conducting any current because I am not touching anything and standing in flipflops. So it must be that I distort the fields coming from the screen/keyboard and somehow increase the field just in front of me. As you say this may not be an issue. However, you mention that the field may induce a current across my skin or something like that.

In one sentence what is grounding meant to be doing? Stop me from becoming charged? How can one measure if it is working?

I don't usually stand close to my laptop, just a keyboard and screen. However, I notice is that the ELEC field around a laptop is insane when it is not plugged in for charging (370V/m) and goes down to 5V/m when charger is plugged in. So never, never use a laptop with just the battery! Also my ceiling is an absolute disgrace, producing readings of 100V/m.

RealNeat

I dismantled my earthing wire in disgust, but perhaps I've been a bit hasty. I just set it up again to get the readings which are 13V/m standing at my monitor+keyboard but not touching anything. Then it jumps to 30V/m when I touch the grounding wire. I have a TriField EMF meter model TF2 and I put it on ELEC/weighted to make this reading.

Although the field shoots up when I ground myself I cannot actually be conducting any current because I am not touching anything and standing in flipflops. So it must be that I distort the fields coming from the screen/keyboard and somehow increase the field just in front of me. As you say this may not be an issue. However, you mention that the field may induce a current across my skin or something like that.

In one sentence what is grounding meant to be doing? Stop me from becoming charged? How can one measure if it is working?

I don't usually stand close to my laptop, just a keyboard and screen. However, I notice is that the ELEC field around a laptop is insane when it is not plugged in for charging (370V/m) and goes down to 5V/m when charger is plugged in. So never, never use a laptop with just the battery! Also my ceiling is an absolute disgrace, producing readings of 100V/m.
Your laptop charger must have a ground. Because on laptops with no ground working plugged in measures much worse than off of battery. I think it also matters how close the charger converter brick is to your body. Metal/ aluminum laptops (like Apple) are usually worse.