Earthing/Grounding for health - Why a Man Should Wear Copper Brads (1890)

miquelangeles

From the Electrical World journal, vol. XV. No. 1. -JANUARY 4, 1890.

Why a Man Should Wear Copper Brads

We feel we should be wanting in a sense of public duty if the following were withheld from electrical people suffering from any of the ills that flesh is heir to. The St. Louis Republic is the source:

"Do you see these large copper brads in the sole of my shoe?" asked a gentleman, as he held up to view the sole of one of his shoes. On being assured in the affirmative, he said: "To those simple brads alone I attribute my present good health. For years I was an invalid, subject to dyspepsia, neuralgia, headache, and other innumerable pains, and traveled the country in search of health.

I sought an explanation of the matter, and by continued observation and study was finally led to the conclusion that the aches and pains to which civilized man is heir are owing to the manner in which we insulate our bodies from mother earth. Science is every day more clearly demonstrating that electricity is the vitalizing constituent of our bodies, and that this globe of ours is a mighty battery, continually generating and discharging electricity. Now, I reasoned, if this was correct, the secret of the indian's health was in his bare feet, which exposed his whole body to the vitalizing influence of the electrical earth currents; while my ill health was attributed to my feet being insulated from these currents. Acting on this hypothesis, I sought to restore the broken connection by inserting these brads in the soles of my shoes, and the result, I must say, was astonishing. My feet, which formerly were nearly always cold, soon became warm and moist; my health began shortly to improve and in a few months I was entirely relieved of all my pains and have ever since enjoyed good health. It is a very simple thing and easily tested, and I feel sure would benefit any one afflicted as I was"