Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Vinero

I have seen research that citric acid inhibits oxalate synthesis in the body. But this obviously won't help with oxalates from food. You can eat oxalate-rich foods with calcium. I saw a study in which cheese was enough to reduce the amount of adsorbed oxalate to almost 0.
What about taking calcium citrate then? The citric acid inhibits oxalate synthesis and the calcium inhibits the oxalate absorption from food. Calcium citrate could be the ultimate anti oxalate supplement. It could also replace dairy for those who want to avoid Vitamin A.

Apple

which other foods contain oxalates? do dates, figs, banannas, coconut oil, pineapple, pomegranate, orange juice, contain those...
Orange juice and coconut oil are low.
Bananas are medium. Dates are high. Figs and pomegranate are very high.
Pineapple some sources say low but others high.
google bananas oxalate, first article :
Bananas may be a particularly helpful remedy against kidney stones, as they are rich in potassium, vitamin B6 and magnesium and low in oxalates.

Daniil

google bananas oxalate, first article :
Bananas may be a particularly helpful remedy against kidney stones, as they are rich in potassium, vitamin B6 and magnesium and low in oxalates.
Apparently, the content of oxalates in products is such a controversial topic. I wonder if there are a lot of oxalates in rye and white bread or not?

I've seen different data. Apparently, it varies.

Daniil

What about taking calcium citrate then? The citric acid inhibits oxalate synthesis and the calcium inhibits the oxalate absorption from food. Calcium citrate could be the ultimate anti oxalate supplement. It could also replace dairy for those who want to avoid Vitamin A.
Isn't there an artificial allergenic citrate obtained from mold? I somehow tried to avoid it.

redsun

Does this mean that choline helps to eliminate (maybe excess) vitamin A from the liver/body?
No just that I tried taking a lot of things to promote acetylcholine activity because it was too low because vitamin A build up was so high. So it helped deal with the symptoms while vitamin A was excreted out of the body with time.

youngsinatra

No just that I tried taking a lot of things to promote acetylcholine activity because it was too low because vitamin A build up was so high. So it helped deal with the symptoms while vitamin A was excreted out of the body with time.
Interesting observation. I took a gram of citicholine a few hours earlier today and since then I feel very sharp mentally and have really sharp vision, basically the opposite of the effects of vitamin A ingestion. (brain fog and blurry vision)

redsun

Interesting observation. I took a gram of citicholine a few hours earlier today and since then I feel very sharp mentally and have really sharp vision, basically the opposite of the effects of vitamin A ingestion. (brain fog and blurry vision)

In an earlier post I stated how vitamin A dose-dependently lowers acetylcholine synthesis, thus some of the manifestation of high vitamin A intake are low acetylcholine symptoms.

Dr. B

some claim vitamin A is needed for vision and that it lubricates the eyes

In an earlier post I stated how vitamin A dose-dependently lowers acetylcholine synthesis, thus some of the manifestation of high vitamin A intake are low acetylcholine symptoms.

can we use thiamine hcl, 500mg a day, with 3.5mg pyridoxine hcl, instead of supplementing choline or other b vitamins

Isn't there an artificial allergenic citrate obtained from mold? I somehow tried to avoid it.

yeah its apparently not just citric acid but also malic acid, tartaric acid, and possibly succinic acid and the acids in aspirin. im not sure if aspirin is guaranteed to be extracted from willow tree bark? the wikipedia page on salycylic acid, acetic acid, etc all mention industrial ways to create those acids... so it would explain aspirin side effects potentially
somehow riboflavin has something too Peat said its the most allergenic b vitamin supplement, but b1, b6, b5 and b3, biotin safe

Dr. B

I have seen research that citric acid inhibits oxalate synthesis in the body. But this obviously won't help with oxalates from food. You can eat oxalate-rich foods with calcium. I saw a study in which cheese was enough to reduce the amount of adsorbed oxalate to almost 0.
good stuff so high milk diet will help
btw figs have some calcium. two dried turkish figs, 100 calories, have 80mg calcium. phosphorus isnt listed. even OJ has like 30mg calcium per cup.

Mr Joe

I think someone should send him a bottle of Calcirol, it will end this topic. Doesn't Mr. Genereux know that in poor metabolism rising vitamin D only with sun is something hard to achieve and that for countries like Canada, especially in winter, having a slight supplement would be good ? Maybe trying red light will cure vitamin A toxicity :p ?

1636272209282.png

youngsinatra

I think someone should send him a bottle of Calcirol, it will end this topic. Doesn't Mr. Genereux know that in poor metabolism rising vitamin D only with sun is something hard to achieve and that for countries like Canada, especially in winter, having a slight supplement would be good ? Maybe trying red light will cure vitamin A toxicity :p ?

View attachment 29887
Dr. Garreth Smith told me, that vitamin D status usually improve a lot on the low vitamin A diet, even without supplementation. He also told me that he observed that vitamin D status does not improve with supplementation (even in high doses) if the person is highly saturated with retinol.

I think I can attest of this somewhat. A year (+) ago I used to take like 8‘000 IU of D3 everyday for 3-4 months, but my level would not get over 32ng/ml. But at that time I was supplementing 30-40‘000 IU of retinyl palmitate daily.

Eberhardt

View attachment 29887
I had vitamin d deficiency while supplementing (including topically) but got rid of it even without much sun by going low D. Also i was using red light regularily without it helping neither the problems with A or D

aniciete

I had vitamin d deficiency while supplementing (including topically) but got rid of it even without much sun by going low D. Also i was using red light regularily without it helping neither the problems with A or D
So you fixed your vitamin d deficiency by stopping vitamin d supplements?

Eberhardt

So you fixed your vitamin d deficiency by stopping vitamin d supplements?
No, or at least thats not how I interpret it. I went on a very low A diet and also stopped taking D. Before I tended to be D deficient both with and without supplementing it

aniciete

No, or at least thats not how I interpret it. I went on a very low A diet and also stopped taking D. Before I tended to be D deficient both with and without supplementing it
Interesting. Since going on a low A diet, have you tried supplementing again or have you just stopped supplementing D completely?

Eberhardt

Interesting. Since going on a low A diet, have you tried supplementing again or have you just stopped supplementing D completely?
I have tried. It actually gives me lots of sideeffects. No idea why, but I've tried all sorts and all of them just gives me headache, chestpain and stiff muscles now. I dont stress about it since I seem to do fine now without but never figured why. I get adequate amounts of other nutrients so thats not why. Only difference is lower calcium since Ive also started reactig to my calcium sups - but my serum calcium is good, my pth is normal and my nails are much stronger then before

Apple

Attachments

• The Truth About Vitamin D.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Eberhardt

I think it is worthy to mention Marshal Protocol here. ( Vitamin D Is An Immunosupressive Hormone)

Grant's diet is low not only on A, but on D and C too.

The Truth About Vitamin D: Fourteen Reasons Why Misunderstanding Endures

According to his latest writeup its actually zero C and superlow A and D. There is though always some remnants of C in meat but its superlow and probably dont count much at all.

Daniil

I also suffer from eczema. It went away completely when I was eating just white rice and beef. A diet of white rice and lean meat seems to work for curing eczema. It worked for Grant, and for me.
Any other version of the low vitamin A diet I have tried makes my eczema come back.
Eating potatoes instead of rice makes my eczema come back. Not immediately, but after a few weeks it just starts with a small itchy spot but it keeps getting worse everyday if I keep eating the potatoes.
Same thing with whole grains, beans, nuts. They also make my eczema come back.
At first I thought it could be the soluble fiber aggravating the vitamin A detox symptoms.
But then I ate cocoa powder 4 days in a row. My eczema flared up hugely after this. Cocoa powder doesn't have much soluble fiber.
So then I started thinking what do cocoa powder, potatoes, whole grains and beans have in common?
These foods are all high in oxalates. Maybe a diet of white rice and meat works because it's low oxalate, not because it's low vitamin A.
I do not get eczema flares from butter, milk and cheese. But I do not feel well if I eat dairy everyday. Eating white rice and meat works best for mental clarity, sharp vision and clear thinking.
Have you ever tried going low oxalate for your eczema?
Btw, I should note that the products you listed contain little, but not 0 VA. Whole grains are rich in carotenoids. Bananas contain ~250 IU VA. Potatoes, if they are not white like paper, will contain carotenoids too. Nuts contain carotenoids. Even cocoa powder contains a little lutein.

youngsinatra

Grant has a retinol level of 0.1 micromol/L („extremely deficient“) after his six years of low vitamin A eating. He suffers no health problems and his chronic kidney disease and eczema disappeared.

In this video, Garett Smith makes the argument that vitamin A deficiency does not exist. Really interesting studies in there I didn‘t know of.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals