Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

redsun

deos it need to be direct choline intake or acetylcholne works too so supplementing thiamine? thiamine boosts acetylcholine, does that allow you to get away with consuming les choline. i think 3-4 eggs would be lots of pufa and lots of choline
No its the choline itself that is lipotropic. The benefits of high cholesterol content, vitamins, protein, and choline from eggs far outweigh the PUFA in it. PUFA is only bad in high amounts which is only really present in seafood and vegetable oil and fried foods. Most seafood is mostly O3 which is anti-inflammatory and needed in small amounts. The main issue with high omega 3 content is omega 3s inhibit 5-alpha reductase the most, so it would lower DHT significantly if you eat a lot.

tallglass13

why would eggs cause it?
orange juice has some folate,
eggs should have lots of methylated vitamins and amino acids and choline, shouldnt that reduce or prevent the fatty liver response
i think fructose in mainstream medicine is considered to be pro fatty liver, is it something specific to OJ he thinks causes the fatty liver or just high fructose

that juice isnt organic mate
According to Smith, it purely because of the VA and carotenoids. The VA in yolks make me so drowsy. And I like eggs and omlettes.

Dr. B

No its the choline itself that is lipotropic. The benefits of high cholesterol content, vitamins, protein, and choline from eggs far outweigh the PUFA in it. PUFA is only bad in high amounts which is only really present in seafood and vegetable oil and fried foods. Most seafood is mostly O3 which is anti-inflammatory and needed in small amounts. The main issue with high omega 3 content is omega 3s inhibit 5-alpha reductase the most, so it would lower DHT significantly if you eat a lot.
what kind of amounts is omega 3 needed in, like a gram of fish oil a day is that better than eating fish? isnt there an issue with oxidized cholesterol so cooked eggs would have that?

tallglass13

Better skin, much less brain fog - clearer thinking (nothing came close so far), improved mood, clearer vision, less body-aches, improved balance and coordination.
That is remarkable , and great to hear. Before this , did you ever see great results like this from Ray Peat diet?

redsun

what kind of amounts is omega 3 needed in, like a gram of fish oil a day is that better than eating fish? isnt there an issue with oxidized cholesterol so cooked eggs would have that?

Very little unless you are heavily inflamed and you would probably see benefit with more. Eating a wide range animal products and foods should get you enough.

I softboil my eggs or otherwise lightly cooked them to deal with this.

tallglass13

Ha.. interesting to know if you're laughing at the Ray Peat diet itself, or that someone said Ray Peat diet... Because I know it really irritates Danny when someone says RP diet... Even though there is an actual RP diet because you have to have higher calcium than phosphate, and you can't have beans.. so there's no other foods besides dairy and fruits, which makes it his absolute recommendations.

Kram

Better skin, much less brain fog - clearer thinking (nothing came close so far), improved mood, clearer vision, less body-aches, improved balance and coordination.
May have missed it but how long have you been low vitamin a?

PaRa

Pls don't listen people defending O3...
duuuh
We can do without w3 as we can do with ketosis
you can, optimal tho ? I dont think so

covering w3 needs is different from megadosing fish oil….
If super worried plants ALA is less prone to oxidation than animal w3

fact is that pufas oxidises in vitro but in human beeing its Not so easy

but you can keep eating hydrogenated Coconut oil and refined sugar if you want :)

Daniil

fact is that pufas oxidises in vitro but in human beeing its Not so easy
The fact that people has effective mechanisms to protect against this does not mean that it is worth eating it.

Ray Peat btw is not the only one against O3, even on the Marshall Protocol website O3 is listed as immunosuppressive.

Yes, I am eating hydrogenated coconut oil and sugar, lol. For a year now.

youngsinatra

May have missed it but how long have you been low vitamin a?
Not that long actually! It's only been a month or so since.

The supplements I take at the moment include high-dose B1 (2-3 grams), glycine (20-30g), magnesium (300-600mg) and high dose vitamin E as alpha-tocopherols (2400-3200 IU). And I am experimenting with a liposomal B-complex at the moment, because it's really hard to get like biotin, folate, riboflavin on a low-A diet.

Attachment: "Excessive Dietary Vitamin E: Its Alleviation of Hypervitaminosis A and Lack of Toxicity"

Attachments

• ps.0491050.pdf
    196.4 KB · Views: 22

Dr. B

Not that long actually! It's only been a month or so since.

The supplements I take at the moment include high-dose B1 (2-3 grams), glycine (20-30g), magnesium (300-600mg) and high dose vitamin E as alpha-tocopherols (2400-3200 IU). And I am experimenting with a liposomal B-complex at the moment, because it's really hard to get like biotin, folate, riboflavin on a low-A diet.

Attachment: "Excessive Dietary Vitamin E: Its Alleviation of Hypervitaminosis A and Lack of Toxicity"
cant the alpha tocopherol form cause an imbalance in the other tocopherols and tocotrienols
i use thornes ultimate E, but only once every two weeks as its a high dose and i use vitamin k2 weekly so dont want to use E too often, diets low pufa
but i was thinking of adding in a bit of tocotrienols. the doctors best tocotrienol complex sourced from red palm oil. its about 10mg of each of the 4 tocotrienols, so 40mg tocotrienols total. even if there is a risk to them, the 350mg+ gamma tocopherol and 350mg+ alpha tocopherol in thornes product should reduce any issues with the tocotrienols?
im also doing b1, but just 500mg thiamine hcl daily, and 20mg swansons policosanols
150mg magnesium from supps daily. i get more from milk and Oj

Eberhardt

I dont think neither receptor nor i.munity would be a good indicator if something is needed. A lot if irritants activates the immunesystem. My best example would be the adding of aluminum to vaccines to elicit a stronger immuneresponse.

And a receptor is a very dodgy and slightly unpeaty term. Not saying they dont exist but the on/off automated switch function that is proposed for them is very against the general peaty understanding. They are not a press-a-button function.

Also a zero vitamin A diet is a s unachieveable as a zero Pufa diet. Low and "deficient" but never zero.

Dr. B

I dont think neither receptor nor i.munity would be a good indicator if something is needed. A lot if irritants activates the immunesystem. My best example would be the adding of aluminum to vaccines to elicit a stronger immuneresponse.

And a receptor is a very dodgy and slightly unpeaty term. Not saying they dont exist but the on/off automated switch function that is proposed for them is very against the general peaty understanding. They are not a press-a-button function.

Also a zero vitamin A diet is a s unachieveable as a zero Pufa diet. Low and "deficient" but never zero.
if you do a 100% skim milk diet, and supplement iron and copper, maybe coconut water for manganese, that would provide you zero pufa and vitamin A right? i think vitamin A is only in the fat of the milk?
maybe theres certain fruit of food sources which have iron and copper without vitamin A or carotene... i guess if you did some sort liver with the fat skimmed off, you could manage zero PUFA?

Apple

As for extra calcium, nixtamalized oats and rice (maybe beans ?) are the way to go.

Eberhardt

if you do a 100% skim milk diet, and supplement iron and copper, maybe coconut water for manganese, that would provide you zero pufa and vitamin A right? i think vitamin A is only in the fat of the milk?
maybe theres certain fruit of food sources which have iron and copper without vitamin A or carotene... i guess if you did some sort liver with the fat skimmed off, you could manage zero PUFA?
No unfortunately not. Casein is wrapped around retinol structurally. That wasnt known in the old days which is why the early vitamin A experiments are not usefull as they relied on a whey diet.

The only completly beta-caroteen and retinol free items I know of is white rice and white sugar and gelatin and coconutoil. But potatoes and lean meat are low, and also things like cauliflower and grapes are quite low.

On the fruitside, peeled apples and bananas are the only one I know of. Pears but they have aldehydes.

Carrots can be replaced by bambooshots btw :)

Dr. B

No unfortunately not. Casein is wrapped around retinol structurally. That wasnt known in the old days which is why the early vitamin A experiments are not usefull as they relied on a whey diet.

The only completly beta-caroteen and retinol free items I know of is white rice and white sugar and gelatin and coconutoil. But potatoes and lean meat are low, and also things like cauliflower and grapes are quite low.

On the fruitside, peeled apples and bananas are the only one I know of. Pears but they have aldehydes.

Carrots can be replaced by bambooshots btw :)
so the casein in milk contains vitamin A? how much A does it contain?
so whey powder would truly have 0 vitamin A?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals