Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

youngsinatra

Love the engagement in the thread lately!

I am considering to drop even my beloved clementine juice, because it seems that I could have massively underestimate the vitamin A content of it. It could be between 5-10K IU per liter. I remember when my ex-girlfriend said to me that she loves the juice but gets yellow hands from it if she drinks it daily, but at that time I disregarded it as not causal. (At that time I was taking 40K IU of retinyl palmitate daily orally.. fuark!)

So I am down to potatoes, basmati rice, lean beef, gluten-free oatmeal, apples, pears, bananas, coffee, salt and honey. But one thing stands out now on Cronometer: a big deficit in folate.

I got myself a non-methylated liquid liposomal B-complex with folinic acid in it, so this might work out just well.

Last edited:

Dr. B

I am considering to drop even my beloved clementine juice, because it seems that I could have massively underestimate the vitamin A content of it. It could be between 5-10K IU per liter. I remember when my ex-girlfriend said to me that she loves the juice but gets yellow hands from it if she drinks it daily, but at that time I disregarded it as not causal. (At that time I was taking 40K IU of retinyl palmitate daily orally.. fuark!)

So I am down to potatoes, basmati rice, lean beef, gluten-free oatmeal, apples, coffee, salt and honey. But one thing stands out now on Cronometer: a big deficit in folate.

I got myself a non-methylated liquid liposomal B-complex with folinic acid in it, so this might work out just well.
how is the oatmeal gluten free, whats it made of

Dr. B

He is not aiming for high metabolism...
That's what he says :

I think the explanation for needing fewer calories can be at least partially explained by:
  1. Overall metabolism is just running more efficiently.
  2. A reduced rate of cellular turnover.
  3. A significant reduction in background inflammation. I’ve read that about 25% of our daily calories is used just to fuel our immune system. Now with a low vA status, and my body no longer constantly auto-immuning in a futile struggle to fight off a phantom pathogen I need 20% or so fewer daily calories.
I know a young man who’s also been on a low vitamin A diet for the last two years and he’s reported a very similar finding. His daily calorie intake is about 1/3 to ½ of what it was before he started with the diet.
does liver cause autoimmunity? milk with vitamin A too?

youngsinatra

how is the oatmeal gluten free, whats it made of
Oats are generally gluten-free by default, but they are not gluten-free now, because many of the oat brand manufacturers are using the same processing machines with other grains and thus contaminating the oats.

Apple

does liver cause autoimmunity? milk with vitamin A too?
for me liver causes skin issues but i can eat more of it when I eat very low starch. Does it mean starch is bad?
One cup of milk has about 12% RDA (vit A)

Apple

I think I'm going to modify my diet with respect to milk.
I'm just leaving a cup of milk a day ...not as a source of food but rather as a poisonous adaptogen (like resveratrol or other antioxidants).

Ray Peat mentioned hormesis ... "a low dose stimulation or beneficial effect and a high dose inhibitory or toxic effect".

He was saying how poisonous substances can make people grow taller. Maybe that's the reason why young people grow tall on a diet with milk/dairy but later they have inflamation issues .

Last edited:

Jam

So I am down to potatoes, basmati rice, lean beef, gluten-free oatmeal, apples, pears, bananas, coffee, salt and honey. But one thing stands out now on Cronometer: a big deficit in folate.

I start getting an orange hue on my palms when I drink more than half a liter of clementine juice per day.

Jam

Forgot to mention, beet juice is a great source of folate, and is quite low in venom A. 200ml = 40% RDA.

Daniil

Be careful with additives B9. Personally, I react badly to them. The Marshall Protocol website states that bacteria need a large amount of B9 to synthesize their nucleic acids. Thus, B9 supplements can lead to an increased infection.

I wonder if it could be that the body lowers the content of B9 to restrain the growth of pathogens?

Dr. B

Be careful with additives B9. Personally, I react badly to them. The Marshall Protocol website states that bacteria need a large amount of B9 to synthesize their nucleic acids. Thus, B9 supplements can lead to an increased infection.

I wonder if it could be that the body lowers the content of B9 to restrain the growth of pathogens?
what about b9 like methylfolate?

Forgot to mention, beet juice is a great source of folate, and is quite low in venom A. 200ml = 40% RDA.

what about orange juice itself like valencia oranges? low in carotene and vitamin A?

youngsinatra

I will split dose the folate. It has 500 mcg of folinic acid per 15 drops. So 3 drops equal to 100 mcg which I‘ll start with.
Dr. Pfeiffer recommends folinic acid for overmethylation.

tallglass13

Hey Youngsinatra,
What are the improvements you have seen, and how does the Low VA diet make you feel?

tallglass13

what about b9 like methylfolate?

what about orange juice itself like valencia oranges? low in carotene and vitamin A?
On one of Garretts Live streams , he talks about people getting fatty liver from eating oranges. I am not sure if it was a legit study, but oranges and eggs were both things that caused Cholestasis and fatty liver. According to Smith
I cannot eat eggs, and I have been buying this awesome tasting OJ called Natalies, but I get blurry vision from both.

Dr. B

On one of Garretts Live streams , he talks about people getting fatty liver from eating oranges. I am not sure if it was a legit study, but oranges and eggs were both things that caused Cholestasis and fatty liver. According to Smith
I cannot eat eggs, and I have been buying this awesome tasting OJ called Natalies, but I get blurry vision from both.
why would eggs cause it?
orange juice has some folate,
eggs should have lots of methylated vitamins and amino acids and choline, shouldnt that reduce or prevent the fatty liver response
i think fructose in mainstream medicine is considered to be pro fatty liver, is it something specific to OJ he thinks causes the fatty liver or just high fructose

that juice isnt organic mate

youngsinatra

Hey Youngsinatra,
What are the improvements you have seen, and how does the Low VA diet make you feel?
Better skin, much less brain fog - clearer thinking (nothing came close so far), improved mood, clearer vision, less body-aches, improved balance and coordination.

youngsinatra

why would eggs cause it?
orange juice has some folate,
eggs should have lots of methylated vitamins and amino acids and choline, shouldnt that reduce or prevent the fatty liver response
i think fructose in mainstream medicine is considered to be pro fatty liver, is it something specific to OJ he thinks causes the fatty liver or just high fructose

that juice isnt organic mate
Chris Masterjohn has a lot of material on fatty liver and choline. He thinks that adequate choline is more important than fructose, fats and alcohol for preventing fatty liver. Though he recommends starch and lean animal protein and 3-4 daily eggs for choline, while keeping dietary fats, fructose and alcohol pretty low.

Dr. B

Chris Masterjohn has a lot of material on fatty liver and choline. He thinks that adequate choline is more important than fructose, fats and alcohol for preventing fatty liver. Though he recommends starch and lean animal protein and 3-4 daily eggs for choline, while keeping dietary fats, fructose and alcohol pretty low.
deos it need to be direct choline intake or acetylcholne works too so supplementing thiamine? thiamine boosts acetylcholine, does that allow you to get away with consuming les choline. i think 3-4 eggs would be lots of pufa and lots of choline

Orion

Oats are generally gluten-free by default, but they are not gluten-free now, because many of the oat brand manufacturers are using the same processing machines with other grains and thus contaminating the oats.
Monitor how you feel with oats as a large daily staple, some react badly to the higher lutein/zeaxanthin content, although they are not pro-VA carotenoids, some have real issues with these two.

Dr. B

Monitor how you feel with oats as a large daily staple, some react badly to the higher lutein/zeaxanthin content, although they are not pro-VA carotenoids, some have real issues with these two.
oats are high in lutein zeazanthin? i thought those are carotenoids like carotene which provide color, and are only in colorful fruits veggies or egg yolk

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals