Friendly Reminder: Be Careful Of PABA Often Inserted In B-complexes

milk_lover

Lately, I haven't done well skin-wise. I got weird "skin burns" on my face. I attributed that to the red light therapy I've been doing. I continued doing the red light therapy, but my skin is in a very good condition now after not supplementing b-complex for a few days. Hmmm. I asked myself what has changed. Sure enough it's giving up supplementing the b-complex I have. It has 75mg of PABA, which is anti-thyroid and it can mess up with your skin according to Ray Peat.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15843508
This study concludes the following:
"These results clearly indicate that PABA exerts promotion/progression effects on rat thyroid carcinogenesis as a result of hypothyroidism followed by negative-feedback via the thyroid-pituitary axis."

Agent207

Didn't know about this side of paba. I've been using 200mg /day becouse I read its good for hair color...

johnwester130

Lately, I haven't done well skin-wise. I got weird "skin burns" on my face. I attributed that to the red light therapy I've been doing. I continued doing the red light therapy, but my skin is in a very good condition now after not supplementing b-complex for a few days. Hmmm. I asked myself what has changed. Sure enough it's giving up supplementing the b-complex I have. It has 75mg of PABA, which is anti-thyroid and it can mess up with your skin according to Ray Peat.

interesting

are choline, inositol, b5 , b9 and b12 also to be avoided ?

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

interesting

are choline, inositol, b5 , b9 and b12 also to be avoided ?
I think no need to supplement those as long as you eat your weekly liver. I am talking about B5, B9, and B12 here. Choline might not be a good idea. Search the forum about it. The B vitamins that are used to generate ATP and CO2 are generally ok to supplement. These are B1, B2, B3, B6, B7. Check the Energin thread. Haidut and others have posted good stuff about all of these.

beta pandemic

i get b1 b2 b3 b5 & b6 individually

biotin and b12 in supplements can be awful for acne prone individuals for whatever reason

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals