Feeling meh? Do this to get rid of apathy!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Some of us might know that serotonin is involved in mental and emotional suppression and lowering it or increasing the dopamine to serotonin ratio can be very helpful for re-igniting motivation, drive, enjoyment, etc.

Towards the end of the article, I give strategies on how to lower serotonin.
What worked the best for you for relieving apathy/anhedonia?

Nomane Euger

Some of us might know that serotonin is involved in mental and emotional suppression and lowering it or increasing the dopamine to serotonin ratio can be very helpful for re-igniting motivation, drive, enjoyment, etc.

Hi hans,+1 maple syrup ,it reignite my appreciation potential of everything,when i feel like i do not enjoy basic things such as listening to music.perfectly ripe semi blood tarroco oranges make me feel the best out of anything,even if i got an awfull night,even if i have G.I. disconfort prior to it,even if i felt cold ,even if there ,no sun and a grey cloudy humide weather,i feel fantastic afterward and just existing is highly enjoyable,i do not need to do anything else,better than anything non blood variety oranges do not make me feel this way,and they are not as ripe.Having an intense walk,between 30 minutes and 1hour and some,when there is sunlight,specifically when the purpose of the walk is to go to the shop to find and buy perfectly ripe oranges,in enough cloths to feel very warm and to sweat,feel very good,even better when you get back home and sit.cutting totally video games.

jaype

Hans great article, I think I'm in need of this so I'll implement some of your suggestions. I frequently visit your site and find that the content is excellent. Thanks man.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi hans,+1 maple syrup ,it reignite my appreciation potential of everything,when i feel like i do not enjoy basic things such as listening to music.perfectly ripe semi blood tarroco oranges make me feel the best out of anything,even if i got an awfull night,even if i have G.I. disconfort prior to it,even if i felt cold ,even if there ,no sun and a grey cloudy humide weather,i feel fantastic afterward and just existing is highly enjoyable,i do not need to do anything else,better than anything non blood variety oranges do not make me feel this way,and they are not as ripe.Having an intense walk,between 30 minutes and 1hour and some,when there is sunlight,specifically when the purpose of the walk is to go to the shop to find and buy perfectly ripe oranges,in enough cloths to feel very warm and to sweat,feel very good,even better when you get back home and sit.cutting totally video games.
Yeah for sure. Sitting in the car in the sun can quickly increase temps and make you feel better. Combined with food and you're good to go.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans great article, I think I'm in need of this so I'll implement some of your suggestions. I frequently visit your site and find that the content is excellent. Thanks man.
Thanks for the positive feedback, appreciate it. Keep us posted with your results.

Charger

How much sodium do you average per day, @Hans and do you think there is a recommended minimum you should get everyday?

Wondering how much zinc would be ideal for reducing serotonin as well.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Yeah for sure. Sitting in the car in the sun can quickly increase temps and make you feel better. Combined with food and you're good to go.
do you have a favorite fruit that you drink/eat in abundance when you dont drink milk,that make you feel the best?it seems like you have days where you eat none to small amounts of meat,do you notice a difference in any chracteristic of your health/performance/behavior/manliness depending on your meat intake?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
do you have a favorite fruit that you drink/eat in abundance when you dont drink milk,that make you feel the best?it seems like you have days where you eat none to small amounts of meat,do you notice a difference in any chracteristic of your health/performance/behavior/manliness depending on your meat intake?
I drink mostly apple and mango these days as that's what I enjoy most. The oranges here aren't sweet enough yet, but once they are, then I'll add those as well.
I don't really feel worse without meat, but I definitely do feel androgenic from fatty ground beef as well as lots of collagen. When I was doing close to no meat, I was also feeling great. It all depends on what the body wants. For example, if I feel great on muscle meat, but after 2 months I lose taste for it, that benefit might start to go away if I don't listen to my body anymore.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
How much sodium do you average per day, @Hans and do you think there is a recommended minimum you should get everyday?

Wondering how much zinc would be ideal for reducing serotonin as well.
I'm probably totalling around 2 tbsp salt per day, but that's just according to taste atm. I think a minimum of 1 tbsp is a good amount to shoot for.
In terms of zinc, it depends if you're deficient or not, if you eat meat or not and for how long someone has been stressed. If someone has been stressed for a long time they might need more. If someone has been eating a low animal-based diet, then they might also need more. About 1L milk and 200g ground beef will give you 16mg of zinc, which is more like a maintenance dose depending on activity ofc. I get around 40mg daily, and I feel better with that amount compared to 15-16mg.

Mauritio

I'd say LSD /psilocybin is still one of the best things for anhedonia . When I tried microdosing and had gut problems at the same time, it didnt do anything for me though.

Other than that: lisuride, mucuna pruriens, (phenyl)piracetam, phenylalanine, picamilon...
Most of these things can only be used 1 or 2 times per week so it's best to cycle them .

The best thing is probably having a clean gut ,which means you automatically have low serotonin. But that can be pretty hard to achieve .

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd say LSD /psilocybin is still one of the best things for anhedonia . When I tried microdosing and had gut problems at the same time, it didnt do anything for me though.

Other than that: lisuride, mucuna pruriens, (phenyl)piracetam, phenylalanine, picamilon...
Most of these things can only be used 1 or 2 times per week so it's best to cycle them .

The best thing is probably having a clean gut ,which means you automatically have low serotonin. But that can be pretty hard to achieve .
Very nice, thanks for sharing!

rzero

Great article. Last I checked, tianeptine was getting hard to find in the States, even though it is still technically legal. Who needs laws when you can just lock parties out of the financial system at will.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article. Last I checked, tianeptine was getting hard to find in the States, even though it is still technically legal. Who needs laws when you can just lock parties out of the financial system at will.
Thanks for reading! Yeah, it's strange and it has such a wide range of uses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals