Fatty livers

SamYo123

How are people addressing fatty livers on a peat diet? while continuing to consume fructose/glucose 50:50 in it

Last edited:

Attakai

If your liver is fatty throwing a ton of sugar at it is detrimental.
Taurine, some exercise, morning fasts and dropping calories a little will give your body the best opportunity to fix the liver.

GreekDemiGod

I'm doing Low/moderate Fat(under 50g) and Inosine 1.5g daily. And I'm waiting for Biotin to arrive to add to the mix.
I also have high fasting blood glucose, I think they are related somehow.
I think eating a lot of fructose and a lot of Saturated Fat when you are not PUFA depleted is what causes fatty liver, I may be wrong.
And also what is your BMI?

FitnessMike

Im sorting this thing out too, aspirine and niacinamide is no go, switched to no fat milk.

When my meds eventually started working somehow, i overeat carbs and eventually got fat and got my liver fat too... and since liver is a big one, my pulse dropped ever since.

It aint easy to be on deficit, makes you feel shi t and onviously it will further slow down the metabolism? i wonder if actually little intemitent fasting would help.

Jennifer

I developed a fatty liver (and gallbladder attacks) while on a high-carb, low-fat and low-protein diet long-term and resolved it by upping my protein intake greatly--going from 50 g to 100+ g daily--from mainly low-fat dairy, eggs, scallops and crab, and taking thyroid--NDT. My carb intake remained the same.

David PS

It is important to get enough minerals in your diet. Beef liver, oysters, well-cooked green leafy vegetables, dairy milk products all seem to play a part in keeping the liver healthy.

youngsinatra

First, avoiding things that harm the liver:
Excess alcohol, fructose, dietary fats and heavy metals. (iron, mercury, aluminum..)

Second, helping the liver get rid of fat and other (fatsoluble) toxins. Your liver gets rid of most of it‘s wasteproducts by the excreting them into the bile.

Problem is that 95% of bile gets re-absorbed in the GI tract. So you only eliminate 5% of your stored stuff of your liver. The good news is that you can accelerate that process by using soluble fiber (food or supplements) as they effectively bind up free bile acids in the gut. If soluble fiber does not work for you, then activated charcoal is another candidate that binds up bile and leads to final excretion of it by pooping it out.

Taking/consuming soluble fiber 3 times a day (~5g) should be sufficient. AC 1-2 times a day (on an empty stomach in the AM and/or before bed) should work too.

Consuming coffee, lactoferrin and lowering your iron footprint (by donating blood) could help too imo.

Nomane Euger

Excess alcohol, fructose, dietary fats and heavy metals. (iron, mercury, aluminum..)
hi,what is exess fructose,exess dietary fats?wich quantity is exess?

David PS

OP
S

SamYo123

I'm doing Low/moderate Fat(under 50g) and Inosine 1.5g daily. And I'm waiting for Biotin to arrive to add to the mix.
I also have high fasting blood glucose, I think they are related somehow.
I think eating a lot of fructose and a lot of Saturated Fat when you are not PUFA depleted is what causes fatty liver, I may be wrong.
And also what is your BMI?

Probably around 20

6ft 3.. 77kg about 11% body fat

OP
S

SamYo123

Second, helping the liver get rid of fat and other (fatsoluble) toxins. Your liver gets rid of most of it‘s wasteproducts by the excreting them into the bile.

Problem is that 95% of bile gets re-absorbed in the GI tract. So you only eliminate 5% of your stored stuff of your liver. The good news is that you can accelerate that process by using soluble fiber (food or supplements) as they effectively bind up free bile acids in the gut. If soluble fiber does not work for you, then activated charcoal is another candidate that binds up bile and leads to final excretion of it by pooping it out.

Taking/consuming soluble fiber 3 times a day (~5g) should be sufficient. AC 1-2 times a day (on an empty stomach in the AM and/or before bed) should work too.

Consuming coffee, lactoferrin and lowering your iron footprint (by donating blood) could help too imo.
Oat bran fiber has stopped giving me good ghost wipe poops now.. back to being constipated

Oat bran fiber has stopped giving me good ghost wipe poops now.. back to being constipated
This is a good fiber……just be sure to drink plenty of water with it

263417ED-EDA9-4846-B4D8-486578F32C56.jpeg

David PS

Last edited:
Guar gum is not without controversy.

View: https://youtu.be/FiyW1y9Buo8?t=1470

Yes, that’s good you mentioned that because the article was saying high doses could be harmful, due to it’s swelling up 10-20 times it’s size in the stomach. When I’ve taken it, I just use the one scoop as recommended on the container. I’m thinking glucomannan might have the same effect as the Guar gum in large doses.

David PS

Yes, that’s good you mentioned that because the article was saying high doses could be harmful, due to it’s swelling up 10-20 times it’s size in the stomach. When I’ve taken it, I just use the one scoop as recommended on the container. I’m thinking glucomannan might have the same effect as the Guar gum in large doses.

Ray has written and spoken about the harmful effects of food additives like guar gum. I will continue to follow Ray's thoughts.

View: https://youtu.be/PjlJrOOjtOI?t=844

Guar gum, pectin, carrageenan type I (80% kappa, 20% lambda), carra-geenan type II (iota) and cellulose were each fed at levels of 5 and 15% (wt/wt) of the diet for 31 d to male Fischer 344 rats. The average initial weight of rats was 230 g. Rats fed 15% guar gum gained significantly less weight than most of the other rats (P less than 0.05). Phenol red recovery was measured at 2 and 4 wk after the beginning of the experiment. At 2 wk urinary recoveries of phenol red were high in rats fed fiber-free and carrageenan type II diets, indicating increased apparent permeability. By 4 wk, adaptation had apparently taken place.” “These data are consistent with the hypothesis that intestinal permeability to foreign substances may be altered considerably by diet.”

youngsinatra

Supporting methylation is another important factor in the treatment NAFLD.
Niacinamide is thought to cause liver issues due to it‘s methyl-wasting effects in high doses.

The whole orchestra of B-vitamins, methionine, choline and betaine are effective for treating fatty liver.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lv7ihoY8XyA

Lots of stuff regarding fatty liver and methylation in this episode.

Angel45

Supporting methylation is another important factor in the treatment NAFLD.
Niacinamide is thought to cause liver issues due to it‘s methyl-wasting effects in high doses.

The whole orchestra of B-vitamins, methionine, choline and betaine are effective for treating fatty liver.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lv7ihoY8XyA

Lots of stuff regarding fatty liver and methylation in this episode.

I wonder how much cutting out betaine rich wheat leads to methylation problems for people whose genetics have relied on wheat products to survive for thousands of years. Betaine methylation(BHMT) pathway is also activated by estrogen which makes it interesting. First time I went gluten free I lost a lot of muscle and never been the same since.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals