High Fructose = Fatty Liver Risk?

Maljam

What are the top health / metabolism benefits & drawbacks (if you have any) that you achieved with very low PUFA for 6-7 years?

What are the top health / metabolism benefits & drawbacks (if you have any) that you achieved with very low PUFA for 6-7 years?

I discovered Peat at a fairly young age and when I started I had no health problems as such, I just wanted longevity, so my experiences aren't good if you are wanting someone that has fixed health issues eating a strict "Peat diet."

RealNeat

Im not seeing much talk of fat intake here. This thread seems a little hyperfocused on sugar and fructose specifically. I understand why, the campaign of "sugar causes NAFLD" is pretty strong. However, as Chris points out here fat seems to be a major driving force, specifically shorter chain fats besides MCTs as they are quickly used for energy (this doesnt mean eat PUFA as those cause problems long term all the way to straight up liver failure). I think losing weight, having a consistent intake of animal protein, choline or betaine (depending on the status of the PEMT gene) and keeping fat on the lower side should help get rid of that liver fat nicely. The chlorogenic acid from coffee will also help along with a little TUDCA here and there. Yes, its possible that replacing high fructose foods with starch may help but blood sugar regulation is still a factor even if glucose is preferred over sucrose so proper B vitamin intake through liver (be careful of too much vitamin A in the context of a fatty live because of lowered Vit a storage capacity) or nutritional yeast in the absence of fruit is likely important. Its also good to keep in mind the beneficial effects of potassium on blood sugar so preferring starchy foods like potato and the like with high amounts of potassium are definitely preferred to something like rice imo.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfAUq1cawI

Andy316

I have found through dietary experimentation in last 2 months that fructose helps tremendously with mast cell issues. However I tend to gain weight very easily (especially around waist) with high fructose intake.

ddjd

Have been eating Ray Peat diet for a year now.

Been reading that high fructose might lead to fatty liver. Ain't there a risk that the Ray Peat diet lead to fatty liver?

What can be done do prevent it? Heard that supplementing with choline can be good, but than I have read a lot of threads on the forum that is against supplementing with choline.

Thanks!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYOsVTaxUZ0

ddjd

Have been eating Ray Peat diet for a year now.

Been reading that high fructose might lead to fatty liver. Ain't there a risk that the Ray Peat diet lead to fatty liver?

What can be done do prevent it? Heard that supplementing with choline can be good, but than I have read a lot of threads on the forum that is against supplementing with choline.

Thanks!

i know dr berg definitely is far from a reliable source but this ACTUALLY works.

whole lemon- the rind, pith, peel etc.

peat often talked about the benefits of citrus peel.

a not so peaty option is NAC- the whole lemon alongside NAC will melt away fatty liver

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-EOytgEhA

Andy316

@Andy316
What types of fructose? With meals or just snacking?
I always struggle incorporating them.
Mangosteen, Apple juice(strained) are my go to fructose sources. Mangosteen is also high in rutin and apples in quercetin that helps with mast cell issues. I keep portion size very small with all sugary foods/fruits.