High Fructose = Fatty Liver Risk?

Recoen

I would take all these studies with a grain of salt. Did they increase vitamins and minerals, take thyroid, etc? If not, then it’s very likely the fructose wasn’t fully metabolized and was going to make lactic acid, etc. instead.

ursidae

quick question, by this do u mean 10+ hours of sunlight a week? or does it being sunny outside count?
10 hours a day spent outside, with the time of sunrise to 3 pm being most important. Eyes on the bright sky, vision unobscured by hats or sunglasses. If working on optimising D levels, the torso needs to be exposed. Best consumed up to 2pm and before and after physical activity. Local, in-season, tree ripened fruit that your ancestors consumed.

As opposed to: living in Sweden, leading a sedentary lifestyle in dim light and consuming shelf ripened tropical fruit that your ancestors never accessed before. In the midst of the winter

Anyway I might be wrong on all this, as doing the former did not really work for me, though the latitude (42) I’m at is not perfect

Andy316

I have experimented this. Anytime I eat fructose rich fruits or consume fruit juice my weight goes up 1-1.5 Kgs in a week, and my waistline also looks massive. Drop the fructose for atleast 10 days and weight drops. Fructose (and PUFA) is indeed bad for people with weak livers.

ursidae

@ursidae That has got to be terrible for skin aging
It actually improved that aspect of my skin. Nasty sandpaper tear troughs, very mild nasolabial folds and crow’s feet which I was too young to be getting smoothed out. Even healing rate got slightly better. Sunlight has a profound effect on my digestion and sleep

Sat fat was pretty high, PUFA was kept low if that’s relevant. The main sources were low fat seafood and raw pastured egg yolks. Consumed a ton of beef bone broth, some porcine gelatine. Was also able to get a proper deep tan for the first time in my life.

I can’t put anything on my skin, but if I could I’d use animal fat for protection

Last edited:

jet9

I have experimented this. Anytime I eat fructose rich fruits or consume fruit juice my weight goes up 1-1.5 Kgs in a week, and my waistline also looks massive. Drop the fructose for atleast 10 days and weight drops. Fructose (and PUFA) is indeed bad for people with weak livers.
Interesting, could you tell how your diet looks like? What is your main source of carbs?

Andy316

Interesting, could you tell how your diet looks like? What is your main source of carbs?

80%Carbs/15P/5F. Main source is white rice, potatoes sometimes and lots of green veggies, all boiled and cooked nicely, never raw.

jet9

80%Carbs/15P/5F. Main source is white rice, potatoes sometimes and lots of green veggies, all boiled and cooked nicely, never raw.
When you gained weight on high fructose fruits did you eat starches?
For me starches make me tolerate fruits much worse, if go 24-48 hours starch free the difference is very noticeable.

David90

Have been eating Ray Peat diet for a year now.

Been reading that high fructose might lead to fatty liver. Ain't there a risk that the Ray Peat diet lead to fatty liver?

What can be done do prevent it? Heard that supplementing with choline can be good, but than I have read a lot of threads on the forum that is against supplementing with choline.

Thanks!

It's only of High Risk if you don't have enough Choline in your Diet. So eat those egg yolks or get a Choline Bitartate Supplement. I personally eat 3-4 Egg Yolks Daily as well as Supplementing 1-1,5 g of Choline Bitartate Daily.

jet9

It's only of High Risk if you don't have enough Choline in your Diet. So eat those egg yolks or get a Choline Bitartate Supplement. I personally eat 3-4 Egg Yolks Daily as well as Supplementing 1-1,5 g of Choline Bitartate Daily.
Be careful with supplemental choline. Choline increase risk of prostate cancer.
Imho it’s better to go natural route. (Eggs and such)

Hgreen56

lot of pufa

Doludolu

Why do you write like a Peat PR spokesperson? :sweatsmile:

I first came across Peat early in 2011, I was low PUFA for 6-7 years before officially being diagnosed with fatty liver. I've heard it all, seen it all.

I feel good eating a half carton of eggs daily :D
What are the top health / metabolism benefits & drawbacks (if you have any) that you achieved with very low PUFA for 6-7 years?
No, it’s not. I am pufa free for more then 5 years, muscular skinny, exercise every day, don’t eat any junk, and still can get fatty liver symptoms (brain fog, high blood sugar, etc) by overdoing fruits even with lots of good protein.
What are the top health / metabolism benefits & drawbacks (if you have any) that you achieved with very low PUFA for 6-7 years?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals