Fatigued? Try L-Cystine (Not Cysteine)

webbt

L-Cystine for Chronic Fatigue, Lack of Motivation, Depression

Most have heard of n-acetylcysteine (NAC). It is an L-cysteine precursor. There is a lesser-known compound that may be able to give similar benefits. L-cystine. This is two cysteine molecules bound together, likely offering superior absorption due to the balanced-out structure it has (similar to pantethine, sulbutiamine, picamilon, etc).

Several months ago I experienced my debilitating fatigue resolve from an IV infusion of n-acetylcysteine. The world it gave to me was so beautiful that I cried for almost an hour (I'm a young man and not prone to crying). So of course I had to try and figure out what was going on. I'm still not sure. What I can say is that I took 15 grams of oral NAC with no effect. Another occasion 10+ grams of methionine which made me vomit. Another occasion 10+ grams cysteine HCl (careful of this stuff. highly highly acidic). No discernable effect from any of these.

Then when I tried 10+ grams of L-cystine I actually felt something. Out of more than a hundred supplements I've tried over the years this has done the most. I'm still experimenting and will go to higher amounts.

People should be aware that there are a few reports of NAC causing emotional blunting that reverses upon cessation. There are concerns of it being neurotoxic, which I personally tend to doubt. Since cystine is similar some caution is warranted. Sulbutiamine is neuroprotective and I take it to help with this alongside magnesium. There is also selenium, vit. C, vit. E, rosemary. Lots of info on neuroprotection out there. Thiamine HCl probably isn't as neuroprotective as fat-soluble forms, but this can be used to our advantage to prevent cystine crystals from forming in the urine and causing damage. It should be taken (several grams of it) even if you are using sulbutiamine in my opinion.

Rats on 5% cystine diet. About 3 to 30 grams for a human depending on how you convert.

0.jpg

Ceroid is a waxy deposit in the liver.

Choline, vit. E, and adequate protein are protective.

OP
webbt

webbt

Edit:
Thiol may help protect against cystine crystal formation. That is why I talked about thiamine being able to do this. I'm actually not positive thiamine contains thiol though...

OP
webbt

webbt

12 hours later I experienced noxious flatulence and loose stool. Tiny crystals which I assume are cystine crystals were visible on the toilet paper. Perhaps chlorophyllin would cut down on the smells and also be protective to the gut lining. Also psyllium husk gel could help. If someone were to slowly titrate the dose up maybe it would be better.

@web So you claim that NAC can cause excitotoxicity but not cystine? it is usually used against excitotoxicity (it is an NMDA antagonist and lowers calcium channels).

@ web do you have any sources?

Validus

Are you feeling better & relief from your fatigue? If so, I would count your blessings and consider discontinuing "extreme" experiments (highish dose of compounds), in an attempt to chase that fleeting sensation of "beauty" as you called it.

I think you're more likely to find yourself in another situation of suffering, that you pulled yourself out of before (the extreme fatigue).

This is coming from someone who is guilty of doing exactly what you're doing right now by the way, so no judgement, just concern.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals