Patent application: "Oxandrolone for Chronic Fatigue"

Gûs80

I found this study that may interest some forum participants with Chronic Fatigue.

I've been living with fatigue since 2008. An endocrinologist gave me oxandrolone with TRT years ago, but I didn't like the effect, I felt increased anxiety. However, I do not believe that I have Chronic Fatigue, but rather an alteration in the circadian cycle, with very high cortisol at night. In my case, I have been testing anti-glucocorticoids such as alprazolam, phosphaditylserine, trenbolone, etc.

If anyone with Chronic Fatigue is interested in trying it, please report it here. I have friends who live with this disorder.

"The use of oxandrolone in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome​

Abstract​

The subject invention provides a method of treating chronic fatigue syndrome in a patient suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome which comprises administering an oxandrolone to the patient. "

"Oxandrolone has been administered to malnourished patients with alcoholic hepatitis (5, 6) . Oxandrolone has been shown to be safe even in dosages of up to 80 mg/day in patients with alcoholic hepatitis (5) ."

"
The subject invention further provides a use of an oxandrolone in the preparation of a composition to treat chronic fatigue syndrome.
Interferon as used herein encompasses any interferon such as alpha-interferon, beta-interferon or gamma-interferon.

Corticosteroid as used herein encompasses inter alia glucocorticoids, mineralcorticoids and androgens. Examples of glucocorticoids are hydrocortisone, cortisone, corticosterone and synthetic analogs of hydrocortisone and cortisone (such as cortisol, prednisolone and prednisone) . Examples of mineralcorticoids are aldosterone and desoxycorticosterone. Examples of androgens are DHEA, andros t enedione , testosterone and 11/3- hydroxyandrostenedione .

The oxandrolone may be administered in conjunction with a corticosteroid, an interferon or any known anti-inflammatory agent .
Oxandrolone may also be administered in conjunction with glutamine or human growth hormone.
Oxandrolone may also be administered in conjunction with nutritional counselling and exercise.

Examples
The Examples which follow are set forth to aid in understanding the invention but are not intended to, and should not be construed to, limit its scope in any way.

EXAMPLE 1: The Effect of Oxandrolone in the Treatment of Patients Suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Several patients are being treated with Oxandrin11, with preliminary good results:
Women are treated with 2.5mg twice a day and men with 5mg twice a day, and the dosage is increased as necessary, up to 20mg per day (i.e. lOmg twice a day) .
Oxandrolone caused an improvement in the condition of CFS patients. The criteria for measuring this improvement are based on subjective reporting from the patients who felt better, had more energy, could do more and spend less time in bed during the daytime.
A quality of life questionnaire showed improved quality of life in these patients which also demonstrates the efficacy of oxandrolone as a treatment in CFS patients.

EXAMPLE 2: Seven Case Histories:
1) L. - 52 year old white female with four children. L. has a 10 year history of CFIDS with severe fatigue, cognitive dysfunction, and tachycardia. She also has a high cholesterol level .
Protocol: 0.6 grams/lb protein (20% of total calories) protein supplement
15 minutes progressive resistance exercise (PRE) 4x/wk (4 times per week) Oxandrin 5 mg bid
Results after 10 months- patient improving
2) M. - 30 year old white male, no children. He has an 8 year history of CFI .
Protocol: 0.6 grams/lb protein (20% of total calories)
20 minutes PRE's every other day Oxandrin 10 mg bid
Results after 11 months- patient improving
3) E. - 55 year old divorced white female, two grown children. She has a 10 year history of CFIDS with severe fatigue, dizziness and cognitive dysfunction.
Protocol: 0.6 grams/lb protein (20% of total calories)
15 minutes PRE's every other day Oxandrin 2.5 mg bid
Results after 9 months- patient improving
4) W. - 35 year old single white male. W. has 4 year history of CFIDS with severe fatigue, diarrhea and frequent flu-like episodes. Protocol: 0.6 grams/lb protein (20% of total calories) 20 minutes PRE's every other day Oxandrin 10 mg bid
5) J.P. - 35 year old white female. J.P. has a 4 year history of CFIDS with severe fatigue, diarrhea and frequent flu-like episodes.
Protocol: 0.6 grams/lb protein (20% of total calories) 20 minutes PRE's 4x/wk Oxandrin 10 mg bid
Result- patient intolerant
6) J.E. - 35 year old single white female. J.E. has a 14 year old history of CFIDS with severe fatigue dating back to acute viral illness in 1983, anxiety, depression, chronic HA's, intermittent ulcerative procitis, mitral valve prolapse and other symptoms.
Protocol: 80 grams protein/day (60% of body weight) 15 minutes PRE's 4x/wk Oxandrin 5 mg bid
7) R.R. - 45 year old white male. R.R. has a 17 year history of chronic fatigue and mild depression. His energy level was improved by antidepressants but he was unable to tolerate them for any extended period of time secondary to insomnia. R.R. was also unable to tolerate OxandrinR secondary to insomnia.
Result- patient intolerant
Five out of seven patients experienced significant improvement with oxandrolone treatment
References
1. Merck Index, Sixteenth Edition, 1992, page 2282.
2. Fox et al. (1962), J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 22: 921- 924.
3. Karim et al . (1973), Clin. Pharmacol. Therap. 14: 862- 869.
4. Masse et al . (1989), Biomedical and Environmental Mass Spectrometry 18:429-438.
5. Mendenhall et al . (1993), Hematology 17(4): 564-576.
6. Bonkovsky et al . (1991), The American Journal of Gastroenterology 86(9): 1209-1218.
7. The CFIDS Chronicle, Vol. 9, No. 3, 1996."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals