Fat Loss

Sagitarrius90

Hello everyone

If dieting is stressful, how does one lose weight/burn fat?

You need to be in a caloric defecit to lose fat yet being in a caloric defecit causes stress

Can anyone chime in?

Would short term dieting be that detrimental? Or perhaps 2-3 month diet only?

Thanks

TeaRex14

Well dieting is stressful, and for this reason it's largely recommended to heal your metabolism and thyroid before embarking on a huge fat loss journey. Cutting a couple hundred calories, from both fat and carbohydrate, while keeping protein the same, is a good way to initiate some fat loss. Taking around 1 gram of niacinamide in divided doses throughout the day will help keep free fatty acids lower. This might cause fat loss to be slower, but low and slow is the only healthy, least stressful weight loss there is. Too much PUFA liberation will tank your metabolism and cause stress. Light weight lifting, or calisthenics, while keeping protein levels steady will help preserve your muscle mass while losing weight. I wouldn't go overboard on exercise while in a caloric deficit thought.

YourUniverse

Like @TeaRex14 pointed out, its generally better to raise metabolism than to cut calories, and best to lose weight slowly while nourishing your body as best you can.

The biggest hurdles are avoiding and handling liberated PUFA, and meal combining. My 2cents are as follows:

Eat enough sugar, salt, and protein to keep stress down. Take vitamin E to help saturate liberated PUFA, unless you know you dont tolerate it well. Combine fructose and calcium at every meat/grain meal (to keep phosphate and PTH down), and eat regularly throughout the day.

Beyond that, patience! It's about the journey, not the destination :)

Aleeri

I find this a problem with RP teachings also. If you have low metabolism and increase nutrients, fat gain will surely follow, the body needs to adapt and it takes time.

I am leaning towards high protein intake and intermittent fasting now. I'm experimenting with 24-hour fasts twice a week, I have not seen that lower my average temps and pulse over time in the same way as calorie restriction. Of course, it does so during the actual fast but it quickly jumps back once you start to eat again.

It makes sense also from an evolutionary perspective also as there is no way we could constantly eat without industrialization. If other animals can do it and remain healthy then so can we.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals