Slade's Summer Fatloss Fad

Herbie

this guy needs to lay off the haagen daz?

Attachments

• bTGaZ.jpg
    bTGaZ.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 134
I was the same 2 years ago at just under 6' and almost 240 lbs. I'm now down to 165. The fat loss happened very slowly and muscle building also happened slowly and continues to. There were times it was very hard. When you lose fat, besides liberating stored pufa and trans fat into the bloodstream, you also liberate stored environmental toxins into the bloodstream and these can cause side effects like extreme brain fog. The toxins in that burger and fries and milkshake you had 2 years ago are coming out of hiding, also stored medications/drugs and excipients from supplements. Your liver and kidneys are forced to deal with these stored demons. Now they're coming out to play. No, you don't have to starve yourself, (which is actually an incorrect use of that word "starve") but you do need to change what you've been doing. If you want different results then you have to change. Yes it will increase FFA. But something has to happen. You have to do something. Your body fat will continue to sit there unless you force your body to use it for energy. That's what it is, stored energy. There will be times when it doesn't feel good. But you have to pay for all of the poor decisions you've made in the past. I like to think of it like an alcoholic or heroin junkie going through withdrawal. It's bad, often really bad, but if you can get through to the other side then you're free. When you lose excess body fat, it's hard but when it's over you never have to do it again, that is, as long as you never get fat again. If you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen.

I don't believe the hype about low fat and testosterone. Testosterone is made from cholesterol and cholesterol is still made by the liver on a low fat diet. I noticed that light from the sun or brooder lamps makes me feel like my testosterone goes up a lot. To me, testosterone has more to do with light on the skin, lifting some amount of weights to build some amount of muscle and keep in the more muscular state than the fat state, eating high carb low fat which for me is mostly boiled/steamed starch to have that constant anti-stress sugar, sleeping enough and not jerking off too much and having a partner you're actually very attracted to.

Don't think of it as a fat loss for summer thing. The summer is too short for you to lose 60 pounds of fat. Think long term. It's better to think of it in terms of one whole year. The only way to lose about a half a pound of fat and half a pound of water weight per day is to do a water only fast. Do one of those for 30 days and you'll lose 40-50 pounds in one month. It cost about $149 per night to be monitored. It will also increase the chance of loose skin but at your height and weight you will most likely have some no matter what.

Last edited:
OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

I was the same 2 years ago at just under 6' and almost 240 lbs. I'm now down to 165. The fat loss happened very slowly and muscle building also happened slowly and continues to. There were times it was very hard. When you lose fat, besides liberating stored pufa and trans fat into the bloodstream, you also liberate stored environmental toxins into the bloodstream and these can cause side effects like extreme brain fog. The toxins in that burger and fries and milkshake you had 2 years ago are coming out of hiding, also stored medications/drugs and excipients from supplements. Your liver and kidneys are forced to deal with these stored demons. Now they're coming out to play. No, you don't have to starve yourself, (which is actually an incorrect use of that word "starve") but you do need to change what you've been doing. If you want different results then you have to change. Yes it will increase FFA. But something has to happen. You have to do something. Your body fat will continue to sit there unless you force your body to use it for energy. That's what it is, stored energy. There will be times when it doesn't feel good. But you have to pay for all of the poor decisions you've made in the past. I like to think of it like an alcoholic or heroin junkie going through withdrawal. It's bad, often really bad, but if you can get through to the other side then you're free. When you lose excess body fat, it's hard but when it's over you never have to do it again, that is, as long as you never get fat again. If you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen.

I don't believe the hype about low fat and testosterone. Testosterone is made from cholesterol and cholesterol is still made by the liver on a low fat diet. I noticed that light from the sun or brooder lamps makes me feel like my testosterone goes up a lot. To me, testosterone has more to do with light on the skin, lifting some amount of weights to build some amount of muscle and keep in the more muscular state than the fat state, eating high carb low fat which for me is mostly boiled/steamed starch to have that constant anti-stress sugar, sleeping enough and not jerking off too much and having a partner you're actually very attracted to.

Don't think of it as a fat loss for summer thing. The summer is too short for you to lose 60 pounds of fat. Think long term. It's better to think of it in terms of one whole year. The only way to lose about a half a pound of fat and half a pound of water weight per day is to do a water only fast. Do one of those for 30 days and you'll lose 40-50 pounds in one month. It cost about $149 per night to be monitored. It will also increase the chance of loose skin but at your height and weight you will most likely have some no matter what.

I don't need to lose 60 lbs I am a former discus thrower and powerlifter, if I could get down to 200 lbs I would be under 8% bodyfat easily. So 30 lbs is my goal, and I think I can do that in a few months if I incorporate everything to my full advantage.

I do believe there is some truth to toxins being stored in fatty tissue and beign released later on. Thankfully, I have eaten very small amounts of PUFA since 2013. And before that I was bodybuilder paleo and was mindful to eat fresh organic foods and grass fed meat etc. I started eating that way when I was 15 or 16 so there wasnt much time for me before that to consume many toxins.

Thank you for the concern and your thoughts, they are kindly appreciated. If I do encounter difficulties from ffa release then I will rememebr your advice and keep the end goal in my mind.

I will probably end up eating cheeses and more fat next winter again though, I dont see myself eating fat free forever. I call this a "fad" because Im sure Ill be gaining some of the weight back eventually if Is tick with this long enough to lose the full 30 lbs.

Last edited:

Sheik

Henry Rollins needs to lay off breathing.

Yes I am PFS but I think I am mostly recoverred at this point. Taking aspirin, caffiene, 5a-dhp and a couple other things I feel pretty good and actually my libido is roaring, especially with nofap. My resting pulse is around 90 too so my thyroid is churning strongly... I took propecia in summer of 2011 so i've had a minute longer than you to recover. Im ready to lose the excess weight now, I think it will help motivate and inspire me in general. Im hoping to get below 200 by next tuesday.

For some reason the combination of your avatar and hoping to lose 25 pounds by next tuesday is hilarious to me right now.

Lee Simeon

This is purely anecdotal evidence, but from my experience, saturated fat is very helpful.

Richiebogie

Hi @sladerunner69,

I think you once mentioned you ate 250g protein a day... Is that correct? If so, are you still going to eat that much protein on your mass reduction diet?

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Hi @sladerunner69,

I think you once mentioned you ate 250g protein a day... Is that correct? If so, are you still going to eat that much protein on your mass reduction diet?

Well I used to eat that much protein when I was a teenager, in search of mega muscle mass.

There is really no point in eating that much protein though. I am even bigger and stronger now, and simply shoot for at least 100g protein daily, mostly from milk and gelatin.

Richiebogie

@sladerunner69

100g protein sounds plenty.

You might even lose flab / excess inches around the middle by dropping protein to 60g and keeping saturated fat constant...

However one experiment at a time! See how you go simply dropping fat!

hef911

Yesterday I steppes on the scale around 6:00pm and I measured in at 232 lbs, 6'0'. Without clothes or shoes that is still >225 lbs. Holy tolito, this guy needs to lay off the haagen daz.

Now I have been weightlifting a long time, and I have a muscular build. The problen is its behind a nice layer of fatty tissue, and that layer seems to be thickening, slowly but surely. Summertime is the most crucial season of the year in southern california, and it can make or break a man or woman if they let it come up on them too quickly and take them by suprise.

Im going to take my weightloss plans seriously, and I'll log my daily food intake, workouts, caloric defecit, and most importantly of all, my thoughts and feelings.

If anyone is interested in my next spectacular adventure, I would love to hear your advice.

My priority is going to be limiting fat intake as much as possible, doing low intensity cardio for fat loss, keeping my metabolic rate elevated with calcium and sodium and other thyroid supporting materials. Im hoping I dont lose too much muscle mass in the process

Thats it. I consider this an experiment and I will be proceeding in fringe territory-pushing the unkown depths of advancedfat loss technologies, the first Peater to ever actually lose weight.

I started a weight loss journey too since last week, 200lbs 6'2. Before peat, I used to cut down my calories very low to 2500-1900 kcal which resulted in very low libido after a few weeks/ months. I'm now eating ~3500kcal, which is 1000kcal less than when I was "bulking". I'm shooting for 1lbs a week of fat loss, where i used to lose 2 sometimes 3 lbs a week. I hope this time i will maintain my libido and test levels. How many calories are you planning to eat and how big of a deficit?

Looking forward to your results

tankasnowgod

Im thinking cynomel is the key to losing weight. I'm probably going to get some soon

Eh, not the best idea. It's true that thyroid (especially correcting a deficiency) can help with weight loss, but just taking thyroid alone without any other changes usually leads to disappointing results. Bodybuilders have used T3 to cut weight, but the protocol I saw looked insane, ramping up to 250mcg a day over the course of two weeks. That's 10 cynomel tablets! T3 only treatment (especially in those doses) can carry some very alarming risks, and I would not do that without close medical supervision.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

Eh, not the best idea. It's true that thyroid (especially correcting a deficiency) can help with weight loss, but just taking thyroid alone without any other changes usually leads to disappointing results. Bodybuilders have used T3 to cut weight, but the protocol I saw looked insane, ramping up to 250mcg a day over the course of two weeks. That's 10 cynomel tablets! T3 only treatment (especially in those doses) can carry some very alarming risks, and I would not do that without close medical supervision.

Yes I believe that would likely lead to thyroid suppression as well as just generally being very uncomfortable...

tankasnowgod

Yes I believe that would likely lead to thyroid suppression as well as just generally being very uncomfortable...

Yep. You'd certainly be quite hot and sweaty. And probably have a lot converted to RT3, leading to longer term suppression. And that could be a best case scernario, it might be possible to have an overdose at that level, and overheat, as can happen with DNP. Or possibly lead to a heart attack.

tankasnowgod

Oh, and Slade.... you're thread got me a bit motivated again. I'm in a similar situation weight wise (been a bit lazy recently), and I'm getting things back on track today.

OP
sladerunner69

sladerunner69

:lol:

So @200lbs you will be considerably leaner than this guy

I look forward to the pictures.

No not leaner, genius, just more muscular. More muscle = lower bf% That guy looks like he is a professional bicep curler and ab roller.

I can bench 275 x6, squat 365x5,with a full range of motion. I think this is actually why I weigh so much, my years of lower body development from squats and powercleans. I threw discus/shotput and played american football for 8 years.

Oh, and Slade.... you're thread got me a bit motivated again. I'm in a similar situation weight wise (been a bit lazy recently), and I'm getting things back on track today.

Great to hear, you should update us with pics and stats every week or so, as I am about to do.

Right. Now.

20170424_082014.jpg 20170424_081746.jpg

As you can clearly see, I am way more muscular and handsome than the chump in the video posted by @tca300 (catchy name)

T

tca300

@sladerunner69 Im glad you have such a positive body perception of yourself.. good for you dude. I've made my point and will take my leave. Best of luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom