Gained weight (mostly fat) how do I lose weight properly?

dervmai

progress
Long story short, I haven’t been eating good for the past month or so. I have been gaining weight. I think I gained 8-10 pounds, most of it was probably fat.

How do I lose weight? I have been sedentary, and have been eating a lot.

I don’t want to put any unnecessary stress on the body with rigorous dieting and exercise. Want to slowly lose weight, any tips?

sugarisgreat

This is not peat friendly, but bromocriptadine with the 5 bite diet (get the book on Amazon) OR a lowfat/high carb diet with bromocriptadine.
Also add Mitolipin (read about it on this site), which is wonderful for skin too.
B3 (or NMN), B vitamins, 2-3 gelatin packets a day for low cal protein (muscle preservation), salt for stress.
You will save a ton of money too. If you are female over 35, you have to reduce calories, but keep the gelatin (hardly no calories) and salt.

Long story short, I haven’t been eating good for the past month or so. I have been gaining weight. I think I gained 8-10 pounds, most of it was probably fat.

I don’t want to put any unnecessary stress on the body with rigorous dieting and exercise. Want to slowly lose weight, any tips?
Here are my two threads on how I lost my extra fat and have kept it off…

ChadGPT

Cut out starch. That seems to be the only way I can lose weight nowadays. And don’t eat too much fat.

sugarisgreat

Cut out starch. That seems to be the only way I can lose weight nowadays. And don’t eat too much fat.
This takes so much joy out of life though:(

I don't eat bagels everyday, but they bring me so much enjoyment (and pizza). I have found good digestive enymes for gluten help (and not eating it everyday).

This takes so much joy out of life though:(

I don't eat bagels everyday, but they bring me so much enjoyment (and pizza). I have found good digestive enymes for gluten help (and not eating it everyday).
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels 😉

sugarisgreat

Works as in it makes you shed extra fat?
No, more like maintain. I think I am close to getting too thin. Maybe 130 at 5'7".
My son took the above pic of me after I got a new car in December and I think I've lost ten more lbs reducing my portions or eating low fat/high carb.
If I reduce my portions significantly, I can eat everything and lose weight (I know not Peaty).
The premise of the 5-bite diet is eating small portions, in the same amount, at the general same time daily, and this pattern resets your hungerstat.
You could make it 10 bites (approx 500 calories) twice (or even three times a day), but the same amount, at the general same time.
Keeping your bites consistent, you will only want the same portion amount at the same time everyday.
This works after about a week.
If (most) people want to eat a lot, most do have to give up starch (maybe not men, but even some of them).
I can eat pancakes and bagels in one day, but have to refrain from starch for several days afterwards.

No, more like maintain. I think I am close to getting too thin. Maybe 130 at 5'7".
My son took the above pic of me after I got a new car in December and I think I've lost ten more lbs reducing my portions or eating low fat/high carb.
If I reduce my portions significantly, I can eat everything and lose weight (I know not Peaty).
The premise of the 5-bite diet is eating small portions, in the same amount, at the general same time daily, and this pattern resets your hungerstat.
You could make it 10 bites (approx 500 calories) twice (or even three times a day), but the same amount, at the general same time.
Keeping your bites consistent, you will only want the same portion amount at the same time everyday.
This works after about a week.
If (most) people want to eat a lot, most do have to give up starch (maybe not men, but even some of them).
I can eat pancakes and bagels in one day, but have to refrain from starch for several days afterwards.
I eat starches, but mostly boiled ones, not dry ones, like white sweet potatoes, red potatoes and sometimes organic pasta, otherwise I eat sprouted oats and brown rice, and I maintain my weight eating a lot of calories in a day. It is when I carelessly eat lot of fats in each meal over a period of time that, before I know it, I find my pants getting tighter. I get thin fast when I limit my calories eating more starches and not enough protein, with my legs getting thin and jiggly.

sugarisgreat

I eat starches, but mostly boiled ones, not dry ones, like white sweet potatoes, red potatoes and sometimes organic pasta, otherwise I eat sprouted oats and brown rice, and I maintain my weight eating a lot of calories in a day. It is when I carelessly eat lot of fats in each meal over a period of time that, before I know it, I find my pants getting tighter. I get thin fast when I limit my calories eating more starches and not enough protein, with my legs getting thin and jiggly.
:D

Phaedrus

I don’t think you need “rigorous” dieting or exercise to lose weight, but some low or medium intensity walking, weight lifting, swimming, etc. can really help a lot. Some strength training especially combined with extra protein from sources like cottage cheese will help build some muscle, which should then help you lose some fat. Otherwise, if you want to try “dieting” in through a Peat lens, you could cut your calories somewhat and limit your diet to milk, cheese, fruit/juice, and eggs with the occasional seafood mixed in.

LA

The Ford Model agency restricted their models to only 6 hard boiled eggs daily and nothing else except some kind of liquid (I forgot ... so maybe only water or tea). The Chinese NOW give their models the same restrictions.
Starch is usually what makes people fat so give it up for awhile and use hard boiled eggs. I like them so I eat them almost daily with organic butter and olive oil and some sprinkles of sea-salt.
I try to take a non-stressful 35 minute walk daily. It can be done inside the house if you have some space even it all you do is pace back and forth so that can be done in an apartment and if you are not going outside you can wear flip-flops or go barefoot

The Ford Model agency restricted their models to only 6 hard boiled eggs daily and nothing else except some kind of liquid (I forgot ... so maybe only water or tea). The Chinese NOW give their models the same restrictions.
Starch is usually what makes people fat so give it up for awhile and use hard boiled eggs. I like them so I eat them almost daily with organic butter and olive oil and some sprinkles of sea-salt.
I try to take a non-stressful 35 minute walk daily. It can be done inside the house if you have some space even it all you do is pace back and forth so that can be done in an apartment and if you are not going outside you can wear flip-flops or go barefoot
Hard boiled eggs have been great for me too for taking off excess fat and keeping it off. I love them at room temperature, cut in half with wasabi on them.

Sherbert

Ya rigorous diet and exercise only backfires.

The ray way would include roughly:
Mostly:
Fruits and juices: primarily orange juice
Low fat milk cheese etc
Eggs
Salt your food generously til it tastes good
As much coffee (tea) as you like with cream and as much sugar til it tastes nice

You can complement your protein with well cooked white rice or potatoes with salt to taste and a little butter or olive oil

A grated carrot 🥕 salad (every day around midday or with lunch) with salt to taste, lemon juice and a little olive oil

Once/2x a week:
Liver
Low fat fish (eg flounder, sole or tilapia) or shellfish (canned oysters in olive oil are fine but drain the oil before eating)

Avoid: whole grains, seeds, fried foods, PUFA, muscle meats, beans, legumes and nuts. Wheat bran is ok.

Activity: If you like walking go for a relaxed walk. If you like fencing go fencing.. do what’s enjoyable

In ray’s own words, look here in sections titled “exercise” “weight gain” and “weight loss”:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals