How Would I Design A Ray Peat Fat Loss Program?

Such_Umami

I currently want to lose about 5lbs of fat. I've been doing ray peat inspired nutrition for a while and seen some fat loss. But I'd like to speed it up a little bit by going into a caloric deficit.

But obviously I don't want to trigger any stress responses due to the caloric deficit.

I'm 5'11'' and about 180lbs, quite athletic but with a little fat and especially visceral fat. I think I could eat about 400g of fruit carbs a day and still maintain a 300 calorie deficit.

Would this be okay? If not, what would you do?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Protein around 150g per day, with 20-50g of that coming from gelatin. Gelatin can help with fat loss. Good sources of protein are red meat, shellfish, lean white meat, eggs and dairy. Eat protein with every meal.
Carbs can be at 400g if you want, but you can reduce it to 250-300g as long as you're not getting stress reactions because of it. I'd just make sure I'm eating enough copper and choline to prevent fatty liver as well as to help reverse fatty liver.
Eat moderate amounts of fat. The amount of fat someone does best on depends a lot on the individual. For some, it interferes with glucose oxidation and for others, it helps keep blood sugar levels stable. For me, saturated fat helps with satiety and blood sugar and I do better on moderate fat compared to very low fat. Probably the simplest way to "induce" a calorie deficit is to lower fat by eating leaner protein sources.

You can lose 5lbs of fat in one week with a 500 calorie deficit and only being in a deficit for one week will not have detrimental effects on your metabolism. Another way to go about this is to be more active simply by walking more (remember to nose breath to retain CO2) instead of cutting calories. Walking more will be more beneficial for your health than cutting calories.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals